Author Topic: am I wrong about guns?  (Read 12790 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: am I wrong about guns?
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2016, 12:17:26 AM »
On the subject of slavery.

I find people who talk about slavery and the damage it did to them hypocritical since they seem nonplussed to modern version of it. Ex. Sex trafficking.

But then i see parallels in many other subjects. Like jew complaining the word holocaust should not be used for the albanian mass graves in croatia.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2016, 09:39:26 AM »
People arguing about the use of words are mostly wasting their time.
There is no international vocabulary police.

I donlt think anyone is in favor of White slavery or sex slavery.There are a lot of people who are trying to abolish it. The UN has done rather a lot.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2016, 11:31:14 AM »
What about illegal immigration. Some of them had to work it off when they arrive in this country and the work is not exactly agreed upon beforehand. The excuse thats it voluntary despite they were not informed beforehand sounds shaky to me. Sex slavery is excused by many people as not slavery due to them agreeing to go despite never knowing the full details of whats happening.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2016, 01:29:28 PM »
People arguing about the use of words are mostly wasting their time.
There is no international vocabulary police.

No one is advocating arresting anyone for not proclaiming what is, is.  What it does do (ACCURATELY labeling who our enemy is), is isolating them from the whole of Islam, and making them the target, vs someone who's merely Muslim.  Obama's approach is like taking all references to Japan, out of the attack on Pearl Harbor

Wasting time, would be like trying to connect terrorist attacks to gun control legislation, that would have not stopped any terrorist attacks
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:48:43 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2016, 06:57:02 PM »
What about illegal immigration. Some of them had to work it off when they arrive in this country and the work is not exactly agreed upon beforehand. The excuse thats it voluntary despite they were not informed beforehand sounds shaky to me. Sex slavery is excused by many people as not slavery due to them agreeing to go despite never knowing the full details of whats happening.

It benefits some people , and these people learn who to avoid talking to.

The sex workers are stuck far from home, speaking little of the language , dependent on their  handlers for food and medicine.

A few years ago Georgia had a major bust , finding hundreds of people in violation, I imagine they have been replaced by now.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2016, 07:04:59 PM »
like actress/model agreeing to a private meeting with royalty overseas. I tend to hear if she`s stupid to go then it``s her fault.
that would be the end of the subject and we`ll never hear from these ladies ever again. but slavery from he past is the real tragety

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2016, 07:13:28 PM »
I think you are right , there is less difference than is sometimes pretended.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2016, 02:51:56 PM »
From what I have read, the odds are rather high that the people who cook, wait tables and serve at many, perhaps most, Chinese buffet restaurants are brought here illegally by snakehead gangs, and are working off outrageous fees for being smuggled in. Most of their income goes to their parents back in some rural hamlet in China,. or to pay off the snakeheads.

I have not noticed anyone who speaks much English or is not obviously Chinese working in such places. I suppose they could be Japanese or Korean or such, but I tend to doubt it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 03:03:56 PM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2016, 06:29:44 PM »
Here I see mostly Mexicans working. I think the cost of importing and housing makes it prohibited.