Author Topic: So it's Biden  (Read 12518 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
So it's Biden
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:07:59 AM »
At least the Clintons are out of the picture.  And of all the Democrats with gravitas, Biden's probably the best.  He's solid and responsible, or at least perceived as such.  Obama diminishes himself by picking someone who in inferred that he was a lightweight, but he brought in someone who might convince Obama-leaning voters that there'd always be a steady, experienced guiding voice in the newbie's ear.  OTOH, the message of "CHANGE" takes somewhat of a shellacking - - a Beltway Insider for the Candidate of Change's Veep?  Gimme a break.

If I could vote, I'd still vote for Obama - - no longer because he's the candidate of Change, but simply because he's Not McCain.  But I'd still find that a compelling reason.  Who wants a war criminal, a fake hero, a dummy, a cheat and a liar. with the added distinction of the Keating Five among his laurels, to be the next President of the U.S.A.?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:19:48 AM »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:12:08 PM by Kramer »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: So it's Biden
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »
If I could vote, I'd still vote for Obama - - no longer because he's the candidate of Change, but simply because he's Not McCain. 

Yea, that worked so well the last 2 election cycles....."vote for me/us, we're not Bush"  Yea, you go with that, Tee

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 02:14:39 PM »
<<Yea, that worked so well the last 2 election cycles....."vote for me/us, we're not Bush"  Yea, you go with that, Tee>>

So I guess you didn't notice that between the 2004 election and now, Bush's approval rating has plumbed new depths?  You think the tactic will remain as effective 4 years later, despite material changes in the public's perception of Bush?

Oh, and before you pull out your stock answer of "Yeah but their approval of the Democratic-controlled Congress has dropped even more," consider (1) we're not talking about the Congressional elections but about the Presidential race and (2) since the Dems are hanging onto their control of the Congress by their fingernails, maybe the public (whose disapproval was of "Congress" not of "Dem-controlled Congress,") might want to see a stronger Democratic hold on the Congress so that their will can't be frustrated by conservative Democrats lining up with Republicans.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »
<<Yea, that worked so well the last 2 election cycles....."vote for me/us, we're not Bush"  Yea, you go with that, Tee>>

So I guess you didn't notice that between the 2004 election and now, Bush's approval rating has plumbed new depths? 

LOL......*noting Congress' even lower ratings*  Like I said, you run with that, Tee.  Worked sooooo well the last 2 Presidential elections

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 03:28:56 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »
<<LOL......*noting Congress' even lower ratings*  Like I said, you run with that, Tee.  Worked sooooo well the last 2 Presidential elections>>

You're just repeating yourself, sirs.  I take it that your refusal to respond to my last post, referring to the changes in circumstances since the last Presidential election, indicates some kind of acquiescence in my conclusions.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 03:39:43 PM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:12:37 PM by Kramer »

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 03:50:05 PM »
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2004/06/09/ashcroft_condemns_torture/

This is what I remember most about Biden, and my younger son even remembers it. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 03:57:26 PM »

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:12:56 PM by Kramer »

Cynthia

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »
I remember hearing his name back in 1985 at a Christmas party in Wilmington Delaware. I was in Wilmington visiting relatives. He was about to run for president back then.  Who knows, maybe he will get his wish and dream someday-if he's not too old. IF Obama wins the election, Biden just might have a chance in the furture to rise to the occasion.  He will have to run against Clinton, but we all know that experience is what really counts.  ;) He will have had years of 'experience' in the office itself. Something Hillary has never and will never experience.

Will she ever really be a P? who knows...>Joe B. might just find his way to that platform, after all these years.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:20:16 PM by Cindy »

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 04:22:40 PM »

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 06:13:19 PM by Kramer »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »
<<LOL......*noting Congress' even lower ratings*  Like I said, you run with that, Tee.  Worked sooooo well the last 2 Presidential elections>>

You're just repeating yourself, sirs. 

As are you, so not much more necessary.  You claim low poll #'s for Bush as some new reason to not vote for McCain.  A) Congress critters have even lower #'s, and B) Bush isn't running

Yet, there's the "new" Demoractic campaign platform.......same as the last 2 cycles, "vote for me, I'm not him"  What a resonating and resounding platform, that was so effective the last 2 go arounds.  Yea, you go with that 

Cynthia

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 04:50:08 PM »
I remember hearing his name back in 1985 at a Christmas party in Wilmington Delaware. I was in Wilmington visiting relatives. He was about to run for president back then.  Who knows, maybe he will get his wish and dream someday-if he's not too old. IF Obama wins the election, Biden just might have a chance in the furture to rise to the occasion.  He will have to run against Clinton, but we all know that experience is what really counts.  ;) He will have had years of 'experience' in the office itself. Something Hillary has never and will never know or experience.

Will she ever really be a P? who knows...>Joe B. might just find his way to that platform, after all these years.

Biden had the chance to run this year for POTUS and got 2% of the vote. If we all know that experience is what really counts Obama wouldn't even be on the ticket. And if Obama became POTUS there in only one way Biden would make it to POTUS.

Well, I was referring to the claim that Hillary makes.....experience in the arena of the highest level of gov. If SHE runs agains Biden in the future, which is possible, he will have had much more experience.

Here's what he says about the NCLB. I like what he has to say already.

"Fixing No Child Left Behind: A long-time proponent of education reform, Senator Biden wants to see the No Child Left Behind law improved by giving schools greater flexibility in evaluating student performance and by fully funding education. President Bush has underfunded the program by $85 billion."