Author Topic: More Truth for The Fooled to Call Racist Because it Concerns Race  (Read 12654 times)

Mucho

Re: More Truth for The Fooled to Call Racist Because it Concerns Race
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 03:29:07 PM »

also the issue of white guilt is stupid
not all white folks were involved.
in fact some had it worst than blacks.
the term white trash comes to mind
these folks are looked  down upon by blacks.
white guilt is absurd.

You don't think Ted Bundy should feel guilty. He doesnt
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/print?id=123763

Mucho

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 03:46:29 PM »

The problem here is that you are using knute's racism as an excuse for your own. One does not excuse the other. I don't know why the Republicans do poorly amongst the African-American community. I might suggest that having people like Trent Lott as Senate Minority Leader and Haley Barbour as Governor (and one time RNC Chairman) probably does not help. What certainly doesn't help is telling the African American community that they need to be better educated and wealthier to start voting Republican.

Unless you are black, I dont really give a rats ass  that you think I am a racist. I do however wonder how you get off calling me that for only posting two articles by black men and agreeing with them. Perhaps I think you are a racist as well for living in a state that falls for racist TV ads. There is more reason for that than what I did.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 03:51:02 PM »
uhm
ted bundy did those crimes

not all white people did what`s accused of them.

a whole lotta people have been falsely accused

The 1st man executed by the electric chair is a relative of mine
should I feel guilty for being related to him?

I don`t and i shouldn`t.
I didn`t kill those people
I never had the ability to keep them alive what so ever.
being white should not mean being guilty of racism by default

Mucho

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 09:53:38 PM »
uhm
ted bundy did those crimes

not all white people did what`s accused of them.

a whole lotta people have been falsely accused

The 1st man executed by the electric chair is a relative of mine
should I feel guilty for being related to him?

I don`t and i shouldn`t.
I didn`t kill those people
I never had the ability to keep them alive what so ever.
being white should not mean being guilty of racism by default

Iwas only referring to Bundy to prove that guilt is not always bad. I am not suggesting all whites should feel guilt over their ancestors sins. Many white ancestors werent even in the country then. But those that are rstill practising and espousing racism should feel every bit as guilty as Bundy , but they wont.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 03:57:38 AM »
If it becomes more common for Black people to be successfull and /or well educated it will become more common for them to vote their own minds and in their individual intrest.

So, currently, in your opinion Plane, African-Americans aren't educated or wealthy enough to vote "their own minds and in their own individual interests" ?

More all the time.

Do white people become traitors to their race by swiching their party? Is this impossible for a White person?

Why are Black people not considered as individuals the way that White people are?

I find the question rather strange coming from someone who claims that Black people don't currently vote their "own minds" and "own individual interests." That is a very broad, sweeping, and racist statement for someone who then asks why they aren't considered individuals. Of course "white people" are grouped demographically when they vote as well. White men tend to vote Republican whereas white women tend to vote Democrat. So, of course voting preferences per deomographics are noted by groups from all sides of the political spectrum. Do you really think "don't be a girlie man?" bumper stickers were printed without looking at the demographics? Do you think Republicans in Watts would have used those, considering that Black men vote overwhelmingly Democrat?

The problem here is that you are using knute's racism as an excuse for your own. One does not excuse the other. I don't know why the Republicans do poorly amongst the African-American community. I might suggest that having people like Trent Lott as Senate Minority Leader and Haley Barbour as Governor (and one time RNC Chairman) probably does not help. What certainly doesn't help is telling the African American community that they need to be better educated and wealthier to start voting Republican.

My racism is non existant .

I didn't say that a Black person could not make up his mind for himself and as an individual vote for a Democrat. But I am saying that this is the process that any person should go through in such a decision , bandwagon voting is only good for those who can lead the louder band.

Mucho

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2006, 12:46:15 PM »

I have observed that racists never think they are and non-racists sometimes wonder if they might be. Not calling you anything . Just an observation.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2006, 02:33:40 PM »
JS

I saw the quote.

What are the demographics for the average black republican?

What are the demographics fort the average black democrat?

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2006, 02:59:52 PM »
Listen, I'm not here to upset anyone. I'm fairly certain that what I read meant exactly what it said, but I could very well be wrong.

Even if it follows demographics as you might suggest Bt, that would only make the original quote itself all the more disturbingly elitist.

Of course, considering that the overwhelming majority of African-Americans vote Democrat the minority that votes Republican would be a statistically outlying sample of the total African-American votes. In other words, there are surely a different set of statistics surrounding them simply because they do not reflect the population as a whole. It would be the same if you polled only those Tennesseans who voted against the ban on gay marriages.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 03:15:32 PM »
JS

Your line of thought doesn't upset me in the least.

The point i am making is simple.

Do demographics support the underlying facts of the statement. If so, ascribing motivation seems to be a crapshoot, and in the case of a racism charge, which i believe is overused and is destroying the seriousness of the charge, needs to be supported by a pattern of behavior that i haven't seen in the subject of our discussion.

BTW i certainly appreciate your efforts to raise the bar in this discussion and debate forum.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 04:01:35 PM »
Thanks for the compliment.

Honestly, I don't know the answer to your question. It would also be interesting to note the differences in African American voters by gender and geography.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2006, 07:25:47 PM »
It would also be interesting to note the differences in African American voters by gender and geography.

That would indeed be interesting. But that wasn't the focus of the statement. Would noticing party preferences of African Americans focusing on gender and geography be flirting with being labelled a a racist also?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2006, 07:32:41 PM »

I have observed that racists never think they are and non-racists sometimes wonder if they might be. Not calling you anything . Just an observation.

Then describe what you observe of your self?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2006, 07:36:33 PM »
It would also be interesting to note the differences in African American voters by gender and geography.

That would indeed be interesting. But that wasn't the focus of the statement. Would noticing party preferences of African Americans focusing on gender and geography be flirting with being labelled a a racist also?

I am not worried about being harmlessly labeled as a racist , I know myself well enough to consider this a mere distraction.

I like better your focus on the demographic aspect of Black voteing .

Consider trhe implication , what Republicans who want the Black vote may do is try to ensure that there are more economicly successfull black people , what the Democrats that want to keep the black vote may do is the opposite.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2006, 09:28:17 PM »
shouldn`t the real question be ,is voting republican better for blacks?

Mucho

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2006, 09:36:05 PM »

Then describe what you observe of your self?

In spite of the fact that I was Chairman of the OC Fair Housing Council and have always worked for civil rights and fairness, I have sometimes wondered bout whether I might harbor some racism. It is rather like those that believe without a doubt that they are great lovers. They invariably  are not . While one that does not see himself that way keeps trying to be great.