Author Topic: Dems want Howard Dean out, he lost several House seats  (Read 3319 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dems want Howard Dean out, he lost several House seats
« on: November 11, 2006, 02:19:15 AM »
A PUTSCH AT THE DNC?:

Some big name Democrats want to oust DNC Chairman Howard Dean, arguing that his stubborn commitment to the 50-state strategy and his stinginess with funds for House races cost the Democrats several pickup opportunities.

The candidate being floated to replace Dean? Harold Ford.

Says James Carville, one of the anti-Deaniacs, "Suppose Harold Ford became chairman of the DNC? How much more money do you think we could raise? Just think of the difference it could make in one day. Now probably Harold Ford wants to stay in Tennessee. I just appointed myself his campaign manager."

http://www.tnr.com/blog/theplank?pid=56467

Mucho

Re: Dems want Howard Dean out, he lost several House seats
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 02:32:13 AM »
A PUTSCH AT THE DNC?:

Some big name Democrats want to oust DNC Chairman Howard Dean, arguing that his stubborn commitment to the 50-state strategy and his stinginess with funds for House races cost the Democrats several pickup opportunities.

The candidate being floated to replace Dean? Harold Ford.

Says James Carville, one of the anti-Deaniacs, "Suppose Harold Ford became chairman of the DNC? How much more money do you think we could raise? Just think of the difference it could make in one day. Now probably Harold Ford wants to stay in Tennessee. I just appointed myself his campaign manager."

http://www.tnr.com/blog/theplank?pid=56467

BWAHAHAHA!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 05:30:28 AM »
That for real?

Seems like an "Onion" article.

Mucho

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 01:15:45 PM »
That for real?

It sure does! Do you see any Dem loses here?: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/writeup/election_2006_house_scorecard-60.html

I knew he made shit up as he went along like most Repubs. (Except you , Plane. BT gets mad at me if he thinks I am mean to you.)  :-*

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 01:56:10 PM »
This is really funny!
This is James Carville's idea of a joke, maybe?   
He meant something back in the Clinton years, but not any more. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

domer

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 02:10:20 PM »
I'm pretty happy with Howard Dean's performance lately. Also, he seems to be uniquely situated to champion the Democrat's "centrist revolution" while keeping the left flank in thrall.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 05:03:28 PM »
That for real?

It sure does! Do you see any Dem loses here?: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/writeup/election_2006_house_scorecard-60.html

I knew he made shit up as he went along like most Repubs. (Except you , Plane. BT gets mad at me if he thinks I am mean to you.)  :-*

Enjoy the weather while the sun is shining on you, can Democrats  fight off the leven of the culture of corruption ?

Mucho

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 05:12:54 PM »
That for real?

Enjoy the weather while the sun is shining on you, can Democrats  fight off the leven of the culture of corruption ?

Maybe in  40 years like it took us last time. It only took you guys 12.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 05:21:52 PM »
That for real?

Has there been a real housecleaning since 94?
Or is the set rejected in 94 still largely present?

If the diffrence is not clear to the electorate what took 12 may happen in two.

The_Professor

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »
So, are we discussing quantity or quality or corruption? Is there a correlation between the two?

Mucho

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 07:07:27 PM »
That for real?

You can be certain that we will root out almost all of the Repub corruption where it mostly is now. THATshould take two years (there is so much of it) and the grateful electorate will give us another 40 to get corrupted ourselves.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 01:00:54 AM »
That for real?

You can be certain that we will root out almost all of the Repub corruption where it mostly is now. THATshould take two years (there is so much of it) and the grateful electorate will give us another 40 to get corrupted ourselves.

There is no ability in the Republican party to make the Democrats disaplined , there is no power in the Democratic party to clean and improve the Republicans and make them a more appealing and electable party.

If you are not cleaning your own house ,no one is.

Only a few will be so egregiously corrupt that they will have to be jailed like poor Rep Cunningham or maybe Rep Jackson , most of the corruption will be below the radar of law enforcement and should be resisted on a dayly basis by the rank and file.

Mucho

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 02:57:33 AM »
That for real?

There is no ability in the Republican party to make the Democrats disaplined , there is no power in the Democratic party to clean and improve the Republicans and make them a more appealing and electable party.

If you are not cleaning your own house ,no one is.

Only a few will be so egregiously corrupt that they will have to be jailed like poor Rep Cunningham or maybe Rep Jackson , most of the corruption will be below the radar of law enforcement and should be resisted on a dayly basis by the rank and file.

You can be sue that the Repubs will be above the radar for at least two years and deservedly so. Cunningham  & Abramoff are only the tip of the corruption.

terra

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 03:49:03 AM »
This is full of poo.
Dean got seats in totally scarlett states. What's wrong with Kansas? Not much now...it's turning dem...Missouri? a dem state too...Arizona..said no to a ban of gay marriage. Missouri voted for Stem cell research. Dean also has the Democracy  bonds..20 a month by each person that joins to buy a part of the Party.. firgure how much that will be. We have a majority of Governors and state legislatures as well.

Dean is being hailed by one and all...he pulled it off.
So RR take your Onion piece, it was not even funny.

terra