Author Topic: I am in the throes of a Toljaso moment  (Read 9516 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I am in the throes of a Toljaso moment
« on: September 12, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/bush-knew-more-bin-ladens-plans-realized-040141177.html?_esi=1

Cherry picking ring a bell?

Let's go with the guys whose info furthers our aims in Iraq...

Just stopped by to share a laugh. Carry on.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: I am in the throes of a Toljaso moment
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 01:48:24 PM »
what a bunch of garbage!

yeah sure if Bush had shut down a bunch of airports
the anti-American leftists at the NY Swines would have applauded!

no it would have been with all the chaos and long lines "what the hell is Bush doing shutting down airports? this is a false alarm! this rookie President doesnt know what he's doing"

Yeah sure if Bush had rounded up a bunch of Muslims Sept 1st the Left would have cheered!

Yeah sure had Bush brought out the National Guard on the streets of NY or airports on Sept 1st the Left would have cheered.

a terrorists attack could happen on any given day and if people with an agenda go back and look it could be argued that intel showed it was about to happen....normally nothing ever happens with or without intel

there have probably been thousands of days where there was intel that a terrorist attack might happen.....and it didnt happen.....so everything's cool.....but if it had happened the 20/20 hindsite folks would be out screaming in outrage.

even years and years later... the left just cant get over their "Bush Derangement Syndrome"
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 03:44:23 PM »
All they had to do was to keep a dozen or so Arabs off planes to NYC and DC.

It does not matter "what Liberals would have said"

It was their job.

And they blew it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »
Rofl, you both miss the point...

"An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me in interviews that the neoconservative leaders who had recently assumed power at the Pentagon were warning the White House that the C.I.A. had been fooled; according to this theory, Bin Laden was merely pretending to be planning an attack to distract the administration from Saddam Hussein, whom the neoconservatives saw as a greater threat. Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day.

In response, the C.I.A. prepared an analysis that all but pleaded with the White House to accept that the danger from Bin Laden was real."

The Bushies were salivating for a chance to go after Saddam (after all, he threatened to kill Papa Bush) and brushed off intelligence that warned them Al Qaida was the greater threat; and that Bin Laden and Saddam were not allied.

So, damn, they missed their chance. Oh well...cherry picking the intelligfence they wanted to hear, no WMD's, assuming an alliance between Saddam and Bin Laden that didn't exist...three for three.

BTW, anyone notice Mitt jumping in with both feet before all the facts were in?

Bwahahahahahaha...
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 06:31:02 PM »
Rofl, you both miss the point...
Rofl....no you miss the point!

"An intelligence official and a member of the Bush administration both told me
Oh the old "so and so told me" baloney!
We're to believe "an offical told me"....ha ha ha!
Yeah NY Swines we really believe your objectivity!
rofl

The Bushies were salivating for a chance to go after Saddam
Oh is that the same Saddam that top leading Democrats were "salivating" (even before Bush
was President) describing Saddam as a "threat to world peace", "the greatest threat we face", "developing weapons of mass destruction"!

Democrats confirm Saddam Hussein has WMD.flv

Rofl

BTW, anyone notice Mitt jumping in with both feet before all the facts were in?
Bwahahahahahaha...
No, but I see Obama even worse..."got caught flat-footed, it seems al-Qaeda telegraphed these attacks, and the Obama administration still unaware of the terror group's strength in the region, missing key signals and clues that were out in the open. One day before September 11, al-Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahri posted a 42-minute video on Jihadist forums urging Libyans to attack Americans to avenge the death of Abu Yahya al-Libi, the terror organization?s second-in-command, whom U.S. drones killed in June of 2012 in Pakistan. In the video, al-Zawahri said "al-Libi's blood is calling, urging and inciting you to fight and kill the Crusaders," leading up to a date heralded and celebrated by radical Islamists. Another version of the video was actually posted on YouTube on September 9 and yet, President Barack Obama, who has not attended an intelligence briefing since September 5, and his administration did not beef up security at the embassy and consulate on September 11".

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2012/09/12/Al-Qaeda-Catches-Obama-White-House-Flat-Footed-During-Egypt-Libya-Attacks
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:48:25 PM by Christians4LessGvt »

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:48:37 PM »
Obama and his cronies at the Dem convention last week "SPIKED THE FOOTBALL"
and now a US Ambassador is murdered for the first time in 30 years!
Way to go Obama!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »
  While our Ambassadors are being attacked , this is a good time for unity.

I like Mitt Romney , but his criticism of the embassy statement was made in error and shouldn't have been made in such haste.

I don't like Barak Obama all that much , but if doing the right thing helps him politicly lets let him harvest , as long as what he wants to do is something like the right thing.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »
While our Ambassadors are being attacked , this is a good time for unity.
What??? like the Commander In Chief jetting off to Vegas for a campaign trip
when the Ambassador's body is barely accounted for? Unity as in a campaign stop
while an international crisis involving the United States is playing out in Libya and Egypt?
You're right Plane...unity as maybe postponing for a day or two a campaign trip to Vegas.

I like Mitt Romney , but his criticism of the embassy statement was made in error and shouldn't have been made in such haste.
You buy into the Left's game.....

How the media turned Obama's foreign policy bungle into a Romney gaffe

September 12, 2012 | 6:00 pm

Philip Klein
Senior Editorial Writer
The Washington Examiner

We're still learning more details about the events leading up to and surrounding the attacks by Islamic radicals on the U.S. consulate in Libya and embassy in Egypt, but the media has already agreed on one thing: Mitt Romney is the political loser.

"Unless the Romney campaign has gamed this crisis out in some manner completely invisible to the Gang of 500, his doubling down on criticism of the President for the statement coming out of Cairo is likely to be seen as one of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign," opined Time's Mark Halperin.

That instant conventional wisdom is a pretty fortunate turn of events for Obama, given that it diverted focus from his administration's bungled handling of the entire situation and the failure of his broader foreign policy posture.

When President Obama came into his office, he vowed to repair the damage to the U.S. image abroad that was done by the Bush administration. In April 2009, less than three months into his presidency, he boasted to the Turkish government of having ordered the closure of Guantanamo Bay and prohibited the use of torture. "The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods in our history," he went on, referring to the legacies of slavery, segregation and the treatment of Native Americans.

In June, Obama delivered a speech in Cairo in which he called for "a new beginning" between the U.S. and the Muslim world.

Taken together, such instances became known in conservative circles as the "apology tour." Though fact checkers have pointed out that Obama never literally issued an apology, it's clear that Obama was trying to make a break with the past. Especially in the Middle East, he wanted to send the signal that his approach would be more conciliatory and sensitive to Islamic values than what preceded it.

Yet, on Tuesday, the breach of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo on Sept. 11 and replacement of the American flag with one resembling the flag of al Qaeda represented an example of the type of anti-American sentiment that Obama's more conciliatory posture was meant to quell. Later, we learned that an American ambassador had been killed in an attack in Libya, along with three other diplomats.

When a statement surfaced from the U.S. Embassy in Cairo condemning, "the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims" and "firmly [rejecting] the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others," it looked like weakness in the face of the attack.

There are conflicting reports as to whether this statement -- a reference to an online American-made film mocking Islam -- was issued before or after the assault on the embassy started. But on its Twitter account, the Embassy later reiterated that its statement "still stands." Back in Washington, the Obama administration distanced itself from its own embassy's statement, which isn't some minor outpost but the representative of U.S. policy in arguably the most important Arab nation. Soon, the Embassy began deleting messages from its official Twitter account, including the one standing by its initial statement.

This looked like amateur hour, and it also fed into the broader critique many Republicans have made of the Obama administration. So it seemed natural that Romney would release a statement Tuesday night condemning both the attacks and Obama's weak response. But Obama campaign press secretary Ben LaBolt shot back and said he was "shocked" Romney would play politics at such a time. And the media fell into line.

When Romney gave a press conference Wednesday, the questions focused on whether it was appropriate for him to criticize Obama at the time he did. Romney's responses didn't really matter, because reporters had already decided their narrative. Obama did not take any questions in his own press conference moments later.

In 2004, John Kerry routinely attacked President Bush's handling of Iraq when things weren't going well in the country. And the media dutifully reported on Bush's foreign policy blunders in Iraq. But now, instead of scrutinizing Obama's handling of a foreign policy crisis, the media has decided that the real story in Egypt and Libya is a Mitt Romney gaffe.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/how-the-media-turned-obamas-foreign-policy-bungle-into-a-romney-gaffe/article/2507779

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 10:39:54 PM »
There was nothing wrong with the statement. The film was deliberately made to offend Muslims.
To an Egyptian, any film made in Egypt was approved by the government, and some Egyptians naturally thought that the US government was behind this awful movie. It really is awful in every way, you can watch 13 minutes of it on YouTube.

The "apology" which was not really an apology, was made BEFORE the attack on the Embassy, by the way. So it was not a referencer to the attack on the embassies.

Mitt should have kept his gob shut. It was and is a dumb remark and no purpose is served by him saying it. None at all.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 11:06:34 PM »
  The timeline makes a diffrence.

The embassy statement was earlyer than the attack, I think it a good idea to have stated that the US Government is not interested in publishing any anti Islam propaganda.

This , I do not mean to minimise the foolishness and maliciousness of the idiots that shot the embassy , starting a fire that killed four. They are murderers and idiots.

Listening to the eugilys for Chris Stephens today , I am favorably impressed with him, I think he was probly consulted on that embassy statement , if he was not the actual author.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 12:42:41 AM »
"The Obama administration's mortifying apology, of course, did not mollify the Muslim agitators. Appeasement has never mollified the practitioners of the Religion of Perpetual Outrage.  Naturally, the Muslim mob stormed the Embassy compound, anyway. The feckless State Department has deleted its groveling tweet and the White House is in pathetic damage control mode.

Let's cut through the diplomatic blather and Obama State Department's p.c. charade. This isn't about ordinary Egyptian Muslims being offended by Koran-burning or some genuine outcry for religious tolerance or widespread anger over how Mohammed is being portrayed. It's about Egyptian imams and Muslim Brotherhood propagandists concocting any excuse for a violent anti-Western conflagration".

http://michellemalkin.com/

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 01:12:12 AM »
There was nothing wrong with the statement. The film was deliberately made to offend Muslims.

Even IF that were the case, and given your track record of how wrong your proclamations are, unlikely, so fricken what??  Christianity is chastized, ridiculed, and demeaned all the time.  Where's all the christians massing, storming, burning flags, and killing??

There is no right not to be offended, and Obama's administrations managed to pull a double foreign low blow, in both dissing the Israeli PM so Obama could make his appointments with hip hop DJ's & Letterman, and intially criticizing te free speech of those who made the film instead of those doing the actual storming & looting

Oh, btw, Howdy H.  Nice to see your focus on Bush is still a high priority    ;)

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB/Hero/Genius/MovieStar

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 02:31:37 AM »
9/11 was preventable. That was established long ago by the 9/11 commission. What is more difficult to control is the response to such an event. Bush and Cheney were the wrong leaders at the wrong time. They panicked. Iraq was the result of their panic. Right now Netanyahu is panicking. A war with Iran could be the result. Hopefully not. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail. Over the last 36 hours Romney has proven himself not to be a cooler head. Quite the opposite. This is what I meant when I said you never know how someone will react as the Commander in Chief. Romney is a disengaged actor when it comes to the international stage. I don't think we need any further evidence.  I have NO doubt that as the leader of our military he will be equally disengaged. 

BSB

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 07:00:28 AM »
9-11 was preventable by simply.........................

......................taking actions like the Patriot Act and invasive searches at airport termanals , which we were unwilling to put up with
 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,untill 9-11.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 07:37:06 AM »
They were all dead. An investigation would never have brought them back to life.

oops wrong thread