Author Topic: Bill Whittle  (Read 2380 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Bill Whittle
« on: November 07, 2006, 02:34:02 AM »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bill Whittle
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 03:52:52 AM »
Wow!

I love this guy , when is he running for President?

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Are we beating these terrorist scumbags and child-targeting insurgent bastards? Are we winning?

Well, let’s see if we want to switch sides with them. Let’s imagine the war where the insurgents have our cards and we hold theirs.

Imagine the US completely occupied by Al Qaeda forces, subject to Sharia law. We are able to take pot shots at a few of them, and we manage to murder a few dozen of our own people every day in an attempt to stop the population from collaborating with the hated invader. But more and more Americans seem to be turning to Sharia and want to get on with their lives. We find sixty percent of the population wants Al-Qaeda to leave, but hatred for the US insurgent forces – the Wolverines – is at about 98%. The people hate the occupiers, but they despise the Wolverines.

Now imagine that a year into the occupation of America, George Bush’s two daughters were killed in a firefight with the enemy, which had surrounded the college sorority house where they were hiding. A year after that, President Bush was pulled out of a septic tank in Crawford by the Fedayeen, then put on trial and sentenced to hang, which he did on national television to widespread cheering. Condi Rice was captured in an early morning raid several years ago, and Donald Rumsfeld was killed by a suicide bomber this last summer.

Everywhere you turn – in every street and every city in America – Al Qaeda forces run security patrols, training Americans to do this for themselves. The only way to stop this is by killing our own people, which further alienates us from a populace that already despises us.

Does that feel like winning to you? Me neither. Welcome to the insurgency.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:00:22 PM »
I gotta say I'm a little stunned by that excerpt.  It sounds a little like he's empathizing with the insurgents and it sounds like he's against the war.

It makes me want to read the whole essay.  I will later today.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 06:08:47 PM »
I gotta say I'm a little stunned by that excerpt.  It sounds a little like he's empathizing with the insurgents and it sounds like he's against the war.

It makes me want to read the whole essay.  I will later today.

Well If you can maintain that understanding throughout this reading I will be highly impressed.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 06:32:57 PM »
And in his next 500,000 word essay, Bill will recap the highlights of the Schiavo case for us.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2006, 03:33:32 AM »
And in his next 500,000 word essay, Bill will recap the highlights of the Schiavo case for us.

Did you read all of that?

Color me impressed .

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 10:23:57 AM »
Are you kidding?  It was enough of a chore getting through the pile of. . . uh, argument . . . that was originally posted here.