Author Topic: Lieberman adds former McCain aide to staff  (Read 1057 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lieberman adds former McCain aide to staff
« on: November 21, 2006, 05:38:23 PM »
Tuesday, November 21, 2006

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A former communications director for Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, will head Sen. Joe Lieberman's press shop, the Connecticut senator announced Tuesday.

Marshall Wittmann, formerly a senior fellow at the Democratic Leadership Council, will become Lieberman's new communications director. He held the same position with McCain before joining the DLC and previously held leadership posts with the Christian Coalition and Heritage Foundation.

"There is no better person to take the helm during this new time in my Senate career than Marshall," said Lieberman, who was reelected to a fourth term this month without the blessing of the state Democratic Party. "Marshall has been a trusted outside advisor to me for some time now and I'm glad he will be bring his experience and wisdom to my staff."

Despite running as a self proclaimed "independent Democrat" Lieberman will continue to caucus with Senate Democrats and retain the chairmanship of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee.

-- CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)