Author Topic: Democratic Controlled US House Decides to NOT CLOSE GITMO!  (Read 7032 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Democratic Controlled US House Decides to NOT CLOSE GITMO!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2010, 07:08:11 PM »
and.....................?  Still waiting for this inciteful rationale that somehow explains "uncomfortable"

Didn't think so

It's really simple. And it was already explained when i compared CU's responses to yours.

CU doesn't feel the need to get defensive. You do.

Thus the need for implied slurs of insanity and illicit drug use. And everyone knows that once you start with the name-calling you have lost the debate.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2010, 07:33:10 PM »
There are now around 160 prisoners in Guantanamo. There have been over 600. So there is an attempt to bring this to a close, if only eventually.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2010, 08:02:43 PM »
and.....................?  Still waiting for this insightful rationale that somehow explains "uncomfortable"

It's really simple. And it was already explained when i compared CU's responses to yours.  CU doesn't feel the need to get defensive. You do.

That's your rationale for "uncomfortable"?  Somehow, somewhere your "deductive monitor" lost a fuse.  Oh, wait, you're going to take that as personal insult/attack now, aren't you

Thus the need for implied slurs of insanity and illicit drug use. And everyone knows that once you start with the name-calling you have lost the debate.

That has squat to do with uncomfortability and everything to do with how egregious your thought process & supposed deductive reasoning had been going, in several of your exchanges with me.  I was merely making light of it, since "name calling" generally entails a rather overt personal slur.  Like calling someone an idiot, or moron, or worse.  Again, I didn't realize how uber sensitive you apparently can get, with even feigned humor.  My bad

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2010, 08:21:51 PM »
There ya go again

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2010, 08:40:01 PM »
my bad again
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »
There are now around 160 prisoners in Guantanamo. There have been over 600.
So there is an attempt to bring this to a close, if only eventually.

Yeah and some of those released are back on the battle lines killing Americans.
Some of those released are leaders in charge of killing Americans...(and many other non-Americans)
Caskets with young Americans in them coming home to be buried...killed by Gitmo released IslamoWhackjobs!
I hope you are proud!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2010, 10:32:19 AM »
Name two Americans killed by someone released from Guantanamo. Or even one.

I bet you can't.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2010, 12:02:43 PM »
Former Guantanamo inmate, Abdullah Ghulam Rasoul once released from Gitmo quickly
became the Taliban operations chief in southern Afghanistan. This is the area where
lots of the American reinforcements are deployed to fight the Taliban. Rasoul, once
safely behind American bars, is now free to plot to kill them. Are you proud XO?

Of course a part of me would like to see the Gitmo IslamoNazis sent to some of our roughest prisons.
At Club Gitmo the IslmoaNazis have much better lives than most of the people they claim to be fighting
for. The IslamoNazis at Gitmo have plenty of shelter, nutritious food, freedom to pray and worship,
free medical care, free clean clothes and sanitation. If we moved these whackjobs to a nasty US Prison,
they would no longer be surrounded by like-minded Muslims, they would suddenly be in a tiny minority. Hell
put them among the criminal gangs, I bet the isolation would quickly make life much harder for them being
they would only get one hour daily to exercise outside their cells and never have contact with other prisoners
as they currently enjoy.

Abdullah Saleh Ali al-Ajmi, who was repatriated to Kuwait in 2005. In April 2008, he was confirmed to have
conducted a suicide bombing in the city of Mosul, Iraq, killing several Iraqi citizens.
ARE YA PROUD XO?

Ibraham bin Shakaran and Mohammed Bin Ahmad Mizouz, were repatriated to Morrocco in July 2004. In September 2007,
they were convicted for their post-release involvement in a terrorist network recruiting Moroccans to fight for al Qaida in Iraq.
ARE YA PROUD XO?

Ibrahim Shafir Sen was repatriated to Turkey in November 2003. In January 2008, he was confirmed to have been
arrested in Van, Turkey and later indicted for his role as a leader of the al Qaida cells in Van. Sen also recruited and trained
new members, provided illegal weapons to the group and facilitated the movement of jihadists.
ARE YA PROUD XO?

Ravil Shafeyavich Gumarov and Timur Ravilich Ishmurat were repatriated to Russia in March 2004.
Russian authorities arrested them in January 2005 for involvement in a gas-line bombing. A Russian court convicted
both in May 2006, sentencing them to 13 years and 11 years respectively.
ARE YA PROUD XO?

Shah Mohammed, who was repatriated to Pakistan in May 2003, and was later killed fighting U.S. forces
in Afghanistan.

ARE YA PROUD XO?

Abdullah Majid al-Naimi
, who was repatriated to Bahrian in November 2005, was arrest in October 2008.
He had been involved in facilitating terrorism and was known for his association with al Qaeda.
ARE YA PROUD XO?

Pentagon: Ex-Gitmo detainees resume terror acts

January 14, 2009|From Mike Mount CNN

Pentagon officials say 61 former Gitmo detainees have committed or are suspected of returning to
terrorism. Dozens of suspected terrorists released by the United States from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba,
are believed to have returned to terrorism activities, according to the Pentagon.

Since 2002, 61 former detainees have committed or are suspected to have committed attacks after being
released from the detention camp, Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell said at a briefing Tuesday.

The number is up since the Pentagon's last report in March 2008 when officials said 37 former detainees
had been suspected of returning to the battlefield since 2002.

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-14/us/gitmo.detainees_1_detainees-guantanamo-bay-naval-base-pentagon?_s=PM:US

From The Times February 24, 2009

One in ten freed Gitmo detainees goes back to terrorism, says Pentagon Tom Baldwin in Washington and Michael
Evans More than one in ten of the Gitmo detainees sent back to their countries of origin have subsequently become
involved in terrorist activities, according to the Pentagon.

Geoff Morrell, the Pentagon spokesman, said that an estimated 62 former inmates had been linked to terrorism again.
"That's an 11 per cent recidivist rate," he told The Times.

Said Ali al-Shihri, released to Saudi Arabia in 2007, was put through the kingdom's special rehabilitation programme for
Jihadists but subsequently emerged as al-Qaeda's deputy leader in Yemen, Mr Morrell claimed. "The detainees released
in the early phases were considered to be the easy ones, in other words they could be released with minimal risk, and
yet 11 per cent have returned to terrorism," he said.

"With the remaining detainees, it's increasingly difficult to come to an arrangement because they are considered to
pose a greater danger, although not necessarily too dangerous to release to their home countries in the right circumstances."

Of the 243 detainees left in Gitmo, 100 are Yemenis. The United States is still trying to negotiate a deal with the
Yemeni Government about suitable monitoring and rehabilitation before they can be released.

The US says that it is not insisting on their detention in a Yemeni jail but it is seeking a firm assurance that they will be
under some form of control and not be "subject to torture or abuse".

Yemen recently released 170 al-Qaeda suspects after receiving promises from the individuals that they would renounce
terrorism.

With the closure of Gitmo less than 12 months away, on the orders of President Obama, the US authorities are
trying to find ways of dealing with the remaining detainees.

Dick Cheney, the former US Vice-President, said recently: "If you release the hard-core al-Qaeda terrorists that are
held at Gitmo, I think they go back into the business of trying to kill more Americans and mount further
mass-casualty attacks".

"If you turn them loose and they go kill more Americans, who's responsible for that?"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5793046.ece

« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:53:09 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
I note that you did not name even ONE American killed by anyone. Not one. You just believe propaganda that justifies your silly views.

Why should I be proud? I had nothing to do with this.

I favored transferring these people to the US and trying them and closing Guantanamo, but I really had no say in anything that was done or not done.

I am responsible for nothing, so I have nothing to regret and nothing to be proud of.That should be logical to anyone with a brain.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »
I note that you did not name even ONE American killed by anyone. Not one.

OK XO I will play along with your silly ass game that means nothing.
(as if the names change the reality of the danger of releasing these halfwits)

How about Susan Elbaneh the New York woman that was killed in a
terrorist attack at the U.S. Embassy in Sana, Yemen, in September 2008.

The Gitmo released IslamoWhacko behind her killing Said Ali Shari (released from Gitmo Nov 2007)
was also involved in planning the under-wear bomber attempt to blow-up a Northwest Airlines
passenger jet over Detroit. Hundreds of Americans would be on the list but for a stroke of luck.
How many of our soldiers have already died due to attacks either carried out or planned by
released Gitmo IslamoKlansmen?

As a member of the Left I hope you are proud at being a part of the "outrage" concerning
Gitmo that led to the releases which causes innocent people all over the world to now be
violenty killed!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2010, 09:37:33 PM »
why is it that BT has become a prosecutor when it comes to Republicans
and a defense attorney when it involves Democrats?

Is that how you see it?

I see it as questioning some of the positions taken by some of the conservative members of this forum.

And apparently that makes them very uncomfortable.

We need more actual leftists .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2010, 09:42:28 PM »
BT
Administrator

Hey!

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2010, 10:08:09 PM »
   We need more actual leftists .

True....
It's frustrating to me because I know if they knew about us they'd be here.
We are an unknown planet in the internet universe....we are in no-mans land.
Last week I was snooping around...seing if there is some type of network of message boards
we could become affiliated with so we could get a much higher exposure level.
Thats our biggest problem...exposure.
Sure people have left for many reasons besides this isn't their cup of tea...
But there are plenty of folks on both sides that would enjoy this place....if they only knew!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2010, 11:48:24 PM »
I had nothing to do with anyone being put into Guantanamo or released from there. I certainly did not decide whom should be released from there.  My position is that they should be tried, with the innocent being released and the guilty being sent to prisons in the US, because Guantanamo has become very bad publicity for this country abroad. I mentioned this in a letter to Senator LeMieux, and he answered with something uncommittal. I hardly think I changed his mind. He has voted in lock step with the rest of the GOP since he was appointed senator. Congress does not respond to my opinions, in any case, so you cannot blame me.

I suspect that your allegation of the woman killed in Yemen was speculation by the or some other US intel agency. There was no trial, of course,and therefore all evidence is perhaps only speculation. The CIA loves to speculate, it makes them feel important.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2010, 11:57:41 PM »
There was no trial,

There rarely is during a war...maybe after....but this war is long from over....
thats why it's rightly called The Long War.

http://www.longwarjournal.org/