Author Topic: Who Are You?  (Read 5809 times)

ZoSo

Re: Who Are You?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
NoBama hits a basket and all we hear are "ews & awes"

It was a 3 pointer when it counted. The "ews & awes" came from the troops that were watching him.

I'll bet McCain gets the same reaction from his handlers & Cindy after he successfully takes a leak.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 02:54:32 PM »
"It was a 3 pointer when it counted, The "ews & awes" came from the troops that were watching him.

Yeah I bet these troops were impressed!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 04:39:26 PM »
Flying planes over Alabama and such is not the same as his daddy flying missions in WWII. 
Ever fly a fighter jet, Brass?  Just like driving your dad's Buick, right?

No, I haven't but I guarantee that with the same training that Cokey McDrinkydrink got back in the day, I could do it just as well as he did or better.

And don't think your artful dodge goes un-noticed, my friend.  Rather than continuing to talk about the comparison you made between W and Papi, you now want to do a comparison between W and myself.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 04:44:39 PM »
Oh, you mean there's training involved?  How much you think?  Good in math, with vectors and all that?  Good with multi-tasking, in order to fly and train to attack targets, with live ordinace, while housed in a flying gas tank, with volitile fuel all around that ordinance.  Piece of cake right?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »
Oh, you mean there's training involved?  How much you think?  Good in math, with vectors and all that?  Good with multi-tasking, in order to fly and train to attack targets, with live ordinace, while housed in a flying gas tank, with volitile fuel all around that ordinance.  Piece of cake right?

With proper training, I can do anything.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 05:16:12 PM »
So the point being, do you realize how much training and flight time it takes to not just fly a fighter jet, but to perform numerous offensive and defensive acts, with the firing of live ordinance, and the dangers that are exponentially more involved than driving your dad's Buick??

Or is it still just no big deal?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 06:03:14 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

ZoSo

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 05:31:27 PM »
Yeah I bet these troops were impressed!

A fake letter from Obama being read by a fake amputee vet....very impressive.

Here's a real letter I read earlier today with a less than impressive opinion of Senator McGoo written by real vets.

North Carolina veterans urge McCain to stop playing politics with troops   

Thursday, 07 August 2008 

In response to Sen. John McCain’s efforts to spread false information about Sen. Obama’s support for U.S. troops, a group of North Carolina veterans today wrote an open letter to the Republican candidate, calling on him to end his divisive attacks:

An Open Letter from North Carolina Veterans to Senator John McCain:

As Americans and North Carolina veterans, we are disappointed in your treatment of Sen. Barack Obama and his visit to our troops while in Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq. You may differ with Senator Obama on the strategy in Iraq, but we should be united in support for our brave troops and their fight to protect this nation. When you attempt to distort Sen. Obama’s actions – at a time when we face enormous challenges abroad – you do not honor your promise to run a civil campaign. While we respect your service to our country, we cannot stand by while you falsely attack Senator Obama.

Your campaign knew that Sen. Obama planned to visit Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany but he did not want the trip to be perceived as a campaign appearance. By using false advertising and television interviews to question Sen. Obama’s motives, your campaign accomplished exactly what he sought to avoid and what you yourself had previously warned against; doing a disservice to those who fought by playing politics with their service. These false accusations do not honor our troops – it demeans the debate in this campaign.

Your attempt to sully Sen. Obama’s intentions is particularly discouraging because your own record on veterans does not measure up to his. While Obama consistently voted to provide funding and badly needed equipment for troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, you voted to authorize President Bush to send troops into combat without adequate vehicle and body armor. Sen. Obama supported the 21st Century GI Bill from the beginning - giving every returning veteran a real chance to go to college. You opposed it when your support was really needed. Sen. Obama voted for increased funding for military and veterans hospitals when a $1.2 billion shortfall was identified. You did not. Sen. Obama introduced legislation to improve the disgraceful conditions at some of our military hospitals, but your support of wounded veterans has so neglected their needs, the Disabled American Veterans consistently rank your record at below 50 percent.

Sen. Obama knows that support for troops fighting today must continue when they become veterans returning to the country they served. He visited American troops last week to express his deep gratitude for their dedication – a gratitude he makes good on with his support of veterans here at home. We ask that you put an end to these attacks and conduct the honest and honorable campaign you promised the American people.

Glen D. Howard, US Army Veteran • Fayetteville, NC
Martin A. Dyckman, US Army Veteran • Waynesville
Grier Martin, US Army Reserve • Raleigh, NC
Rodger Koopman, USAF Veteran • Raleigh, NC
Michael L. Buie. ET1(SS), US Navy Veteran • Garner
Valencia Applewhite, USAF Veteran • Fayetteville
Catherine M. Bowen, USAF Veteran • Durham, NC
Russell T. Bowen, USAF Veteran • Durham, NC

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »
Here's a real letter I read earlier today

yeah like your images are all "real"....what a joke!

what is real is NoBama chose to not visit the injured troops

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 06:36:26 PM »
So the point being, do you realize how much training and flight time it takes to not just fly a fighter jet, but to perform numerous offensive and defensive acts, with the firing of live ordinance, and the dangers that are exponentially more involved than driving your dad's Buick??

Or is it still just no big deal?

No the point is that W is not half the pilot Papi.  My jet-flying experience or expertise or potential expertise is moot.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »
No, actually the point is flying fighter jets is dangerous stuff, made even more so when flying in enemy territory, but flying the jet itself is extremely hazardous & dangerous work
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 07:01:39 PM by sirs »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 06:45:42 PM »
<<Your [McCain's] attempt to sully Sen. Obama’s intentions is particularly discouraging because your own record on veterans does not measure up to his. While Obama consistently voted to provide funding and badly needed equipment for troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, you voted to authorize President Bush to send troops into combat without adequate vehicle and body armor. SenSen. Obama supported the 21st Century GI Bill from the beginning - giving every returning veteran a real chance to go to college. You opposed it when your support was really needed. Sen. Obama voted for increased funding for military and veterans hospitals when a $1.2 billion shortfall was identified. You did not. Sen. Obama introduced legislation to improve the disgraceful conditions at some of our military hospitals, but your support of wounded veterans has so neglected their needs, the Disabled American Veterans consistently rank your record at below 50 percent.>>

Interesting, eh, how CU4 deals with the real and substantive allegations in these vets' letters:  he simply IGNORES them.  And focuses instead on the cheap symbolism of a visit to the troops, which costs nothing and gives them, basically, nothing.  An interesting example of the OLD politics, the emphasis of form, grandstanding and publicity stunts over substance.  Hopefully the voters will see past the McCain bullshit ("I didn't vote for ANY real benefits for the poor buggers but by God I DID visit them in hospital.") 

Like his ancient, wrinkled ass was the one thing they all longed to see from their hospital beds.  Like it would have made up for the underfunded VA hospitals, the lack of combat armour, the lack of college tuition funds.  Unless they're total morons, the troops will have to examine the records of both candidates.  A consistent record of under 50% from Disabled American Veterans does not seem to indicate that there is any pressing need to vote for this little crook, and they might just be smart enough to see that.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 07:08:25 PM »
No, actually the point is flying fighter jets is dangerous stuff, made even more so when flying in enemy territory, but flying the jet itself is extremely hazardous & dangerous work

That seems to have been the original charge. That GWB did not put himsef in danger while he was in the Guard.

I think that particular horse is now officially dead.

Perhaps the oh-so-clever and mature name callers can come up with another fallacy that is as easily dismissed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2008, 07:10:41 PM »
I'm confident they will

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2008, 07:24:09 PM »
yeah like your images are all "real"....what a joke!

An interesting comment, considering the source.
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2008, 07:24:33 PM »
oh come on BT & Sirs we all know
that the guy with degrees from Harvard
and Yale and flew fighter jets is an "idiot".

yeah all the professors and administrators @ both Harvard & Yale
were bribed to give an "idiot" passing grades and degrees
and yeah not one person ever came forward proving such non-sense.

i am sure any old "idiot" can fly a fighter jet
thats why so many do it.
oh but he didn't fly it in combat
wow so people that can fly jets but dont in combat, yeah thats an idiot

just like most of their theories work out, the theories are lunacy