Author Topic: Affordable Heath Care Victory ! Yaaaay!  (Read 2724 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Affordable Heath Care Victory ! Yaaaay!
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:01:58 PM »
Not even Chief Justice Roberts would support this  sleazy attempt to prevent people from getting heath care.

Scalia is fuming. 
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Affordable Heath Care Victory ! Yaaaay!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
Just another case where fantasy world wins over reality.

Sadly this will hurt tens of millions of blue-collar hard working Americans.

I know this because at our company medical insurance rates will be
sky-rocketing for our employees primarily due to Obamacare Control Freak
Mandates that insurance companies are now forced to pay.

What is lost upon many is it won't be the insurance companies paying
 for the new control freak mandates it will be working people and the taxpayer.

This boondoggle will haunt the working people in America for
years to come. I feel bad for them, people that struggle and
work hard to make ends meet were just slapped in the face.

The NSA Spying must have something on Roberts.
Probably have him whacking off watching little girls or something.
What a scumbag

But I gotta hand it to you XO...
Hell you guys win even when you aren't in control.
You don't control Congress but yet slime like nursing home ready McConnell & drunk Boehner still cave.
You don't control the Supreme Court....but enough of the so called conservatives still cave.
When you guys control something you don't cave you ram it down the opponents throat.
Your side knows how to fight the brutal way....my side doesn't

Our country is screwed....
but hey I've got my comfy life....
just feel bad for the soccer moms getting raped by the Left that have to pay for all this fantasy world printing up of money.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 06:27:44 PM »
You have no clue as to how useful Obamacare is. Sure, it need some changes, but the Republican'ts have failed to repeal it, and only the most imbecilic of them are saying that they only want to repeal it.  Now they only say they want to rewrite it. But if their rewrite leaves people worse off (which it will, since these assholes are all paid off by Big Pharma and Big Insurance), then they lose the votes of those people.

Before people could go broke just trying to stay alive. Now, they can get insurance. But sooner or later, for-profit medicine will be a thing of the past, as it is in Europe.

The Americans it was hurting were those who could not buy insurance at any price and you fucking know this. Every stupid thing the Republican'ts are against, they always lie about how it will hurt the poor, hard-working Americans. You know the same people whose productivity has TRIPLED and whose incomes have not risen a bit.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 07:11:36 PM »
sooner or later, for-profit medicine will be a thing of the past, as it is in Europe.

Oh bullshit....much of socialized medicine is in financial trouble.
Again it's not me...it's reality....money does not grow on trees.
"Freebies" are not in reality "free".
NHS "is about to run out of cash" top official warns
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/10162848/NHS-is-about-to-run-out-of-cash-top-official-warns.html

My wealthy cousin in France has supplemental private coverage & says there are private for-profit hospitals.
She also says there is a looming crisis in fast rising costs.
There is also private healthcare in the UK with private hospitals..
in fact the socialized medicine in the UK has to use private sector for help

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 07:13:34 PM »
The Americans it was hurting were those who could not buy insurance at any price and you fucking know this.

Oh bullshit again....most that "couldn't afford" could afford it they just choose a new SUV instead.
There are several people at our company and personal friends that were like this.
New cars, new home, new big screen....but "oh no way I can afford health insurance".

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:26:28 PM »
You have stupid friends and co workers.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 08:27:54 PM »
You have stupid friends and co workers

Hell yeah it's reckless to get a new SUV and then claim you "can't afford" healthcare!
But millions of Americans did the exact same thing.
Tens of millions of the so called uninsured were/are uninsured by choice.

Millions still holding out on health insurance: 5 things to know

Written by Emily Rappleye

June 25, 2015

Five years after the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, an estimated 35 million Americans remain uninsured, and despite increased access to coverage and penalties for going uninsured, many still prefer cash, bartering and charity care, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Here are five things to know about the millions of health insurance holdouts.

1. Based on estimates from the Congressional Budget Office, 45 percent of the 35 million uninsured Americans are uninsured by choice. In fact, only 20 percent of uninsured adults would buy health insurance if their finances improved, choosing instead to pay off debts, put money in savings or pay for home or car repairs, according to a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation poll cited in the report.

2. The ranks of uninsured are diverse. In addition to those who have opted out of health insurance, the pool of uninsured Americans includes unauthorized immigrants who are excluded from the law, unenrolled Medicaid-eligible people and those who live in non-expansion states but are otherwise Medicaid-eligible, according to WSJ. There is also no one type of American holding out on getting insurance. The group covers the spectrum on income, health status and geographic location, according to the report.

3. Those holding out know what they are doing. Many who have not bought health insurance are doing so because they feel it is less expensive to pay their own way and they have the research to back it up: 43 percent of uninsured adults have looked at health plans in the past 12 months, according to the RWJF poll. And, despite the rising penalty for remaining uninsured, which is set to increase from $325 to $695 next year, only 26 percent say the fine would make them more likely to get insured.

4. Instead of buying insurance, the holdouts are cobbling together care and "self-insuring." Many uninsured Americans are confident they can manage costs of physician visits, prescriptions, check-ups, emergency care and preventive tests, according to the RWJF poll, and many have already had to manage paying for these services. According to the poll, 56 percent of uninsured adults are confident they can self-manage the costs of physician visits, and 32 percent already have. About 38 percent pay for care out-of-pocket as needed, while 28 percent use free or low cost clinics and 26 percent go without care. The cost for uninsured patients at many physicians' offices is "surprisingly reasonable," according to the report, and if it isn't, 9 percent of people are willing to haggle costs down.

5. Some costs are passed on. Inevitably, some of the costs of caring for uninsured patients are passed on to the healthcare system as a whole, and supported by taxes and those who do pay for insurance, according to the report. This puts many providers at a crossroads, between cutting back on charity care programs and beefing them up. The industry is seeing a little bit of both strategies, according to the report.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/millions-still-holding-out-on-health-insurance-5-things-to-know.html

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »
Well, under Obamacare, that choice will cost them.
Which is only fair, because if they end up in the ER, I should not have to pay for them.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 10:23:59 PM »
Well, under Obamacare, that choice will cost them.
Which is only fair, because if they end up in the ER, I should not have to pay for them.

True and that is the only aspect of ObamaNationCare I agree with.
If these mooches buy fancy cars instead of health insurance
and then run to the ER with a sore throat...hell yeah they
should pay or have wages garnished.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 11:13:58 PM »
You have no clue as to how useful Obamacare is.

Who does?

Seriously , all I can witness to is that my cost has risen more sharply than ever before.

Is my experience typical or unusual?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 12:35:56 AM »
Odds are your insurance would have gone up as much or more had there been no Obamacare.

What is best is single payer, government run with an option to get the same or better from a private company, like Medicare Advantage Plans.

My Medicare Advantage Plan is far better than any of the mickeymouse plans the college administration ever got me into.
Lower cost, better service, more services.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 08:50:06 PM »
My Medicare Advantage Plan is far better than any of the mickeymouse plans the college administration ever got me into.
Lower cost, better service, more services.

Yeah sure because Medicare lives in a fantasy world...not the real world.
Medicare's trust fund is predicted to be insolvent within 15 years and faces huge economic challenges.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 09:07:14 PM »
But...but...we just raise taxes on those evil rich.  Problem solved....right?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle