Author Topic: Michael Brown Alleged to have robbed convenience store before he was killed  (Read 9414 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
You were not there, either.

Too bad, I am sure you and your guns would have made all the difference.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
You were not there, either.

Which I have made painfully clear, and have not prejudged anyone

Too bad, I am sure you and your guns would have made all the difference.

Like I said, don't forget the meds
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
The cop was sitting in his patrol car. He closes and locks the door, starts the engine, and suddenly he is no longer being threatened, he has become a threat.

If some grand jury decides that the cop acted entirely within the law, he is going to piss off thousands of people.
The Rodney King case was an example of what could happen if they just let this shooting pass.

I think your position is poorly thought out, there is much we have not been told at this point.

How badly hurt is this policeman? If he had been injured to death , this might not have made national news and there might never have been riots, but I do not think we can require that policemen allow themselves to be beaten to death rather than draw their weapons and risk riot.

My feelings are hurt with the witness who at this point seems to have exaggerated and minimized what he saw selectively.

I also have hurt feelings with the Ferguson officials who are not telling us how much the policeman was injured, this is important and if there is a reason to keep it secret it needs to be a very good reason indeed.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
They have fudged some of the facts about his injuries.

There needs to be a complete investigation.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
They have fudged some of the facts about his injuries.

And you know this....how?  What fudged facts would those be?  We know that Brown's buddy, and star "witness" has fudged alot of facts.  Are you ever planning to critique his misguided testimonies, which have in-turn, helped create an atmosphere for more rioting, rather than less?? 

There needs to be a complete investigation.

Coming from those defending the scandals plaguing Obama is hilarious, though also begs the question, how would it not be a complete investigation??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
There will be enough investigations to suit everyone.
There was a report that the cop's eye socket was fractured. And another report that says it was not. Both reports cannot be true.
At present it seems that neither Brown nor Wilson was acting in a rational manner, and both of them screwed up. But we shall see more details than we ever wanted to see, since this has ballooned into a Nation Event.

The participants in Nevada were far more quaint and picturesque.

It is rather like the network cancelling one when it was just beginning to get interesting, and them replaced it with another with less interesting characters and a much more boring plot. There are no cattle to shoot in Ferguson, no cowboy clothes, no stomp boots and snap shirts and ten gallon hats.

I liked Gunsmoke a lot better than Barney Miller.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
There will be enough investigations to suit everyone.

And yet folks are running all over the place proclaiming how a thorough investigations needs to occur...as if it isn't or won't be

There was a report that the cop's eye socket was fractured. And another report that says it was not. Both reports cannot be true.

How is that "fudged"?  Sounds like differing reports...happens all the time when reporters are trying to get information, and report things that haven't been corroborated yet.  A far cry from anyone fudging facts.  Any other examples of actual facts being fudged??

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Someone reported a fracture with no evidence of a fracture. Call it anything you like. I choose the term "fudged".

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
He'll probably need it.

He is burned. His days on any nearby police force are over.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
He'll probably need it.

He is burned. His days on any nearby police force are over.

So as far as you are concerned he is convicted?

Why would any self respecting person become a policeman in a city that convicts them early with a presumption of guilt?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Someone reported a fracture with no evidence of a fracture. Call it anything you like. I choose the term "fudged".

Someone is....who?  It's the "who" who apparently didn't do diligent reporting, IF that was the case.....if being the operable word.  But by all means, infer something not actually factual

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
I did not say he was convicted. I said he was burned.  If the majority of the people of Ferguson make it clear that any candidate who hires this guy as a cop will never win the election, he is simply out of a job. If Miami hired him, the mayor would catch the flak and we would have a new mayor and Wilson would be out of a job.

There are more people looking for cop jobs than there are cop jobs.
He might find work in Alaska or Wyoming.  It is not a question of guilt of innocence.

Do you want a mayor that hires cops that might shoot your kid or would you prefer a mayor who does not hire such a cop?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
    I heard this morning that the turnout in Ferguson's last civic election had a 12% turnout.

Before this shooting , there must have been a lot of satisfaction, or apathy.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Ferguson gets 25% of its revenue from traffic tickets. 95% of all Ferguson traffic tickets are issued to Black people. I do not dislike the police as a rule, but there is nothing more infuriating that the SOB who gives you a ticket for making a turn from the wrong lane when there is no traffic and your turn has posed no danger, and after issuing you a ticket that will cost you the price of this month's groceries tells you "Have a nice day!"

Who wants to be told to have a nice day by the jerk who just ruined your day?

I have this feeling that the turnout in Ferguson's next city elections will be much higher.

Apathy is common. When the city elections are held when there are not any other candidates on the ballot, it tends to be pathetic.
I always vote. Always. I always told my students to register and vote. Contrary to what the idiot rightwingers claim, college teachers mostly talk about th subject, in my case this was Spanish pronunciation, grammar and syntax, which is not political. But I did tell them to register and vote. It probably did little good.