Author Topic: The Atlantic's McCain cover snapped by deranged, child-abusing moonbat  (Read 1186 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Atlantic's McCain cover snapped by deranged, child-abusing moonbat

Atlantic writer Jeffrey Goldberg, whose cover story was tainted by Greenberg?s work, writes: ?Greenberg doctored photographs of McCain she took during her Atlantic-arranged shoot, which took place last month in Las Vegas. She has posted these doctored photographs on her website, which you can go find yourself, if you must. Suffice it to say that her ?art? is juvenile, and on occasion repulsive. This is not the issue, of course; the issue is that she betrayed this magazine, and disgraced her profession.?

?We stand by the picture we are running on our cover,? said Atlantic editor James Bennet. ?We feel it?s a respectful portrait. We hope we?ll be judged by that picture.?

But Bennet was appalled by Greenberg saying she tried to portray McCain in an unflattering way.

?We feel totally blind-sided,? he said. ?Her behavior is outrageous. Incredibly unprofessional.?

---------------------

Examples of the above tasteless 'art' at American Digest - Out-Takes: Behind The Atlantic's McCain Cover.

via Moonbattery
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The Atlantic's McCain cover snapped by deranged, child-abusing moonbat
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 09:45:45 AM »
The Atlantic cover looks just like McCain.
It makes him look younger than he really is.

What is your problem?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Knutey

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »

What is your problem?

Pssst- XO Maybe its cause it says war is his answer answer (Even though that IS true)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 12:10:57 PM »
There is no excuse for the US being in a constant state of war, other than it seems to make some people nervous, and to feel secure, they go to the mall and buy crap they don't need with money they have not earned yet, to impress people they do not know.

There are three main issues in American politics

War vs. peace
Rich vs. poor
racial inequality vs racial equality

McCain is on the wrong side of each of these. Palin is a shiny object to distract the voters, like those chrome spoons fishermen use to baffle the fish.

Knutey

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »
There is no excuse for the US being in a constant state of war, other than it seems to make some people nervous, and to feel secure, they go to the mall and buy crap they don't need with money they have not earned yet, to impress people they do not know.

There are three main issues in American politics

War vs. peace
Rich vs. poor
racial inequality vs racial equality

McCain is on the wrong side of each of these. Palin is a shiny object to distract the voters, like those chrome spoons fishermen use to baffle the fish.

Ya really think so?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:30:13 PM »
The problem is that one of the last standing reputable magazines out there had hired a moon bat who not only photoshopped the cover photo to make it look worse than it should but bragged about pulling one over on the editors.

Now this isn't the end of the world in the big scheme of things but it does show the pettiness of some Obama supporters, not unlike the Bristol Trig rumors that floated as soon as Palin was announced.

richpo64

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 12:38:12 PM »
>>Now this isn't the end of the world in the big scheme of things but it does show the pettiness of some Obama supporters, ... <<

I agree with this assessment.

I don't know much about photographer's I hire either. A photographers portfolio is the usual method of appraising their work and once that's done and they've been hired I base it on past work they've done for me. I imagine it works the same at the Atlantic.

I bet it doesn't happen again. That being said, the picture they actually did use looks like the exposure was made to make McCain look older and more wrinkly. His head look more like a pumpkin than anything else.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:36:25 PM »

What is your problem?

I think the problem was made quite clear, if you follow the linky...

http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/bad_americans/the_atlantic_mo.php

Fortunately, so was the solution...

http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/critical_mass/i_repeat_no_mor.php
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
Yes I saw the link, but the complaint is NOT about other images that the artists might have made of McCain, but the actual cover. In the even you have not noticed, McCain is somewhat pumpkin-headed. I bet it looks a lot better than his driver's license.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 03:23:04 PM »
GREAT photos of McCain.  The "Bloodthirsty War-Monger" one was the best, if kinda juvenile, but IMHO, juvenile can be funny as hell.  It reminds me of inking in horns, goatee and widow's peak hairlines on newspaper photos, something I still do on occasion when a good photo of Bush or his Cabinet members appears.

I recall a while back, photos of Obama being doctored to make his skin darker and his lips bigger, but no real howls of outrage from the usual suspects.  I guess sauce for the goose isn't always sauce for the gander.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 03:43:07 PM »
I recall a while back, photos of Obama being doctored to make his skin darker and his lips bigger, but no real howls of outrage from the usual suspects.

I remember it being done for OJ, but don't remember that for Obama.

Got a source?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 03:51:15 PM »
Google "obama photos doctored" and the first three hits you get are sources.  The culprit seems to be the Clinton campaign.  "Gunny Bob," a conservative commentator, also ran the doctored photo according to the Google links.

I was posting from memory, but I can't recall who the culprits were.  Clinton to be sure, but others like Gunny Bob picked up on them too.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 04:20:09 PM »
Never saw it before, but then I TiVo all my programs and skip the ads.

I think the explanation that they were doing some desaturation is probably correct (it's not as obvious as the OJ photo), but you would have thought someone on the Clinton team would have caught that before it went out the door.

Must be the subliminal racism in their nature - the Clintons are from the south, after all.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »

JILL GREENBERG UPDATE: "The editor of The Atlantic Monthly said Monday he is sending a letter of apology to John McCain after a woman the magazine hired to photograph the Republican presidential nominee posted manipulated pictures from the photo shoot on her Web site. . . . Editor James Bennet said Greenberg behaved improperly and will not be paid for the session. He said the magazine is also considering a lawsuit."