Author Topic: The Nearly Normal Bro Knows  (Read 4780 times)

Mucho

The Nearly Normal Bro Knows
« on: December 21, 2006, 11:50:37 AM »
that his family name will go down in infamy like the Borgias , Hitlers and Vlad the Impalers.

'I have no future' -- Jeb Bush tells reporters
Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:32 PM ET

MIAMI (Reuters) - The shadow of President Bush seemed to loom large over his younger brother on Wednesday, as the outgoing Florida governor ruled out any plans to return to elected office.

"No tengo futuro (I have no future)," Jeb Bush told Spanish-language reporters in Miami, when asked about any possible political ambitions after he steps down next month.

The popular, two-term governor has often been touted as a savvy politician with a good chance of following both his brother and father, George H.W. Bush, into the White House.

But the unpopularity and dismal job-approval ratings of his brother may have scuttled any plans Jeb Bush may have had for a future in politics after running one of America's most crucial swing states for the past eight years.

Bush did not elaborate on his terse "no future" comment. But he has said repeatedly over the past year that he would not run for president in 2008 and has never seemed comfortable with talk about Bush III or the Bush presidential dynasty.

"Jeb would have made an outstanding presidential candidate," said Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, who joined Bush at a luncheon on Wednesday hosted by a Cuban American political action committee.

Brownback, a Republican who launched an exploratory committee three weeks ago to consider his own bid for the presidency, added that he was "a Jeb Bush-type conservative."

In a backhanded slap at President Bush, Brownback cited "a heritage issue" as one factor currently weighing against a Jeb Bush presidency.

"People may be wanting to see a different name," he said.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyid=2006-12-20T233023Z_01_N20428647_RTRUKOC_0_US-BUSH-JEB.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: The Nearly Normal Bro Knows
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 12:16:45 PM »
If he wants to run for president, 2012 is soon enough.

Mucho

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 12:46:26 PM »
If he wants to run for president, 2012 is soon enough.

The Bush name will still be hated & reviled until 3012 I am afraid.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 01:07:30 PM »
Doubtful.

Remember,  America is the home of short attentetion span theater.

Nixon wandered the desert for 8 years. Gingrich less than that. And Hillary is the front runners for the dems.

Mucho

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 01:26:05 PM »
Doubtful.

Remember,  America is the home of short attentetion span theater.

Nixon wandered the desert for 8 years. Gingrich less than that. And Hillary is the front runners for the dems.

Nixon is still hated & reviled. Gingrich hasnt been elected dogcatcher since he was ousted. Hillary didnt do anything wrong. It was Bill that got the blowjob . Remember?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 01:35:14 PM »
Gingrich hasnt been elected dogcatcher since he was ousted.

Actually, Gingrich was reelected to Congress in '98, but refused to take his seat.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 07:27:38 PM »
Th epoint being Nixon was elected and Jeb could too, once america is reminded what a dem administration is llike.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 07:55:19 PM »
Th epoint being Nixon was elected and Jeb could too, once america is reminded what a dem administration is llike.

So all we need to see first before Jeb will look good enough to elect , is a tipical Democratic administration?

That is not so terribly unlikely.

Mucho

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »

Oh you mean before Nixon was caught trashing the Constitution. The Bushidiot now has been caught trashing the whole country and the world while he was at it. He will go down in history as the most despised President ever. Unless, of course, Cheney replaces him for some reason.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
All of which is irrelevant. The election of 2012 will evolve around 2012 issues.

Mucho

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 10:46:51 PM »
All of which is irrelevant. The election of 2012 will evolve around 2012 issues.

The point is that there will never be another Hitler elected in Germany , a Mussolini in  Italy or Ju;ie or Tricia Nixon in the US. The Bushidiot has soiled the families legacy so.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 10:48:57 PM »
The Bushidiot has soiled the families legacy so.

If Jeb decides to run i believe he is electable. But it is up to him.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 10:52:14 PM »
The point is that there will never be another Hitler elected in Germany

There can't be "another" elected since the first one wasn't elected.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 01:37:04 AM »

The point is that there will never be another Hitler elected in Germany , a Mussolini in  Italy or Ju;ie or Tricia Nixon in the US. The Bushidiot has soiled the families legacy so.

I don't think so .

Look at how close Hillary Clinton is to being the Democratic choice .

Bush is not as embarrassing to me as Clinton was , I know that there are a lot of people who disagree with me but an election doesn't require a majority , just a majority of those who vote.

Mucho

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 02:54:17 AM »

I don't think so .

Look at how close Hillary Clinton is to being the Democratic choice .

Bush is not as embarrassing to me as Clinton was , I know that there are a lot of people who disagree with me but an election doesn't require a majority , just a majority of those who vote.

You are probly not as embarrased  by needless murder and waste of the national treasury than by a blow job. To each his own. Hillary did neither, btw.