Author Topic: Cain on Foreign Policy  (Read 42809 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cain on Foreign Policy
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 03:07:09 AM »
I've already said that if the "harrassment" was limited to suggestive remarks, it is NBD.  I think that most voters feel that way too.  There was too much "political correctness" edging its way into private discourse between men and women, and I think the public understands that and resents it.

My basic points were NOT that Cain is a rapist and a thug, but that he's not too bright, he tries to lie himself out of awkward situations, and that the longer he tries, actively or passively, to keep the allegations buried, the worse it looks for him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 03:15:15 AM »
Yea, it was so bad for Clinton, he became President.  Oh, the horror
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2011, 03:17:46 AM »
What lies? Do you realize that Cain might not have been privy to the details of the settlement?

What you are faulting him for is being as honest and forthright as he could be with the information he had.

My problem is that his staff knew this was coming for 10 days and didn't have a plan in place to handle it. Of course that would mean that Cain would be acting just like a beltway politician and that really isn't who he is and i don't think that is what the GOP voters - the 75% who aren't sold on Romney - are looking for.

BSB

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011, 04:23:18 AM »
Right, BT, the voting is for deciding who will represent the party, not who's going to have a reality TV show, or sell the most books, or who the biggest pervert is.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011, 05:18:12 AM »
And again with the pervert perversion      ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2011, 10:04:46 AM »
Right, BT, the voting is for deciding who will represent the party, not who's going to have a reality TV show, or sell the most books, or who the biggest pervert is.

BSB

Now you are catching on.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2011, 10:36:37 AM »
<<Yea, it was so bad for Clinton, he became President.  Oh, the horror>>

It's not an insurmountable obstacle, but Clinton had willing partners, which made the offence a lot less objectionable to most people, women voters in particular. 

Sexual harrassment of a female employee leading to complaints by the female employee against the boss (which takes a certain amount of courage on the employee's part) is kind of a despicable act, and as of this morning there are three allegations of this outstanding against him.  It's sad and desperate, and something most bosses have enough self-control to avoid.  I think most people can appreciate the difference between Clinton accepting what was offered to him on a silver platter and enjoying it as one of the perks of the office, versus Cain sadly trying to hit on three different women who not only did not offer him anything in the first place, but were creeped out enough by him to lay formal complaints in two cases and to come forward now in a third. 

Ridiculous and very naive to compare this bush-league sexual predator to Clinton, a Rhodes' scholar and a veritable babe magnet, who RETAINED the women's vote probably in part for the same factors that led Monica to show him her thong in the first place.  Cain is a repulsive creep whom female voters will reject for the same reason that individual women respond to his unwanted advances with revulsion and official complaints.  Women who hear of Bill's adventures with Monica are probably subconsciously wishing they had been in Monica's shoes at the time, whereas women who hear of Cain's exploits are just plain repulsed.  He won't get the women's vote because he's a perv and he won't get the black vote because he's a Tom.   

Afraid it's game over for this bullshit artist.  He's had his 15 minutes of fame, and he's not even smart enough to play his cards right for the extra minute or two he might get from it.  I'd love to see Obama get his lying ass whipped at election time, but I don't think Uncle Tom Cain is the man to do it.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2011, 10:58:49 AM »
<<What lies? Do you realize that Cain might not have been privy to the details of the settlement?

<<What you are faulting him for is being as honest and forthright as he could be with the information he had. >>

LMFAO.  Sure.  He knew there'd been an AGREEMENT but, see, a SETTLEMENT is not an AGREEMENT, so when he was asked if there was a SETTLEMENT, he denied it, even though he had been aware of the AGREEMENT.

How dumb do you think those voters really are?  OK, I know, they voted for Bush AFTER he had completed one term in office on a stolen election, but still, are they really dumb enough to . . . ?  OK, I get your point.

Still and all . . . "honest and forthright?"  Gimme a break.  He knew God-damn well his employer had settled the claims against him, and since it concerned his reputation strongly enough to warrant a non-disclosure clause, you can damn well bet that he'd want to know every fucking detail.  That is was a YEAR'S salary, not a "few months if anything."   The guy lies in your face, not that that is necessarily a bad thing, lately in fact it seems like it's a job requirement.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 11:25:56 AM by Michael Tee »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »
Apparently you are not interested in the facts. Best just to put this Uncle Tom in his place.

Right?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2011, 11:24:17 AM »
<<Apparently you are not interested in the facts. Best just to put this Uncle Tom in his place. >>

Actually, I just gave you a whole shit-load of facts, which you apparently prefer to ignore so that you can focus on the "Uncle Tom" issues all over again.  Far better, in your view, to engage me on matters of opinion(is "Tom" a racist accusation or not) than on any of the facts which I raised.

<<Right?>>

[sarcasm alert!!!] - -  Yeah, right.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2011, 11:26:46 AM »
<<Yea, it was so bad for Clinton, he became President.  Oh, the horror>>

It's not an insurmountable obstacle, but Clinton had willing partners, which made the offence a lot less objectionable to most people, women voters in particular. 

Yea, I'm sure Kathleen Willey and Jaunita Broadrick, really were willing to be mandhandled, if not assaulted        :o

But you go on thinking his increasing poll #'s and donations are a definative sign of his going down in flames.  Red is blue

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2011, 11:42:43 AM »
Kathleen Willey?  You mean the Kathleen Willey in the Wikipedia article of the same name?

<<According to Willey, during a meeting in the private study of the Oval Office, Clinton had embraced her tightly, kissed her on the mouth. Clinton denied assaulting Willey. The Clinton White House released details of 15 letters and 12 telephone messages that Willey had sent to Clinton after the alleged incident. In all of these, she appeared friendly and eager for more contact with Clinton.

<<According to Linda Tripp’s grand jury testimony, she felt Willey pursued a romance with Clinton from the start of her White House affiliation. Willey had speculated with Tripp as to how she might be able to set up an assignation between herself and the president. She routinely attended events at which Clinton would be present, wearing a black dress she believed he liked. According to Tripp’s testimony, she wondered if she and Clinton could arrange to meet in a home to which she had access, on the Chesapeake Bay.[2]>>

THAT Kathleen Willey?

Yep, there he goes again, forcing his unwanted attentions on all those poor, suffering babes who are SO creeped out by him.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2011, 11:52:43 AM »
This is a non-issue because Cain is a non-issue. Further, the guy should go home so the party can get down to the business at hand. And the business at hand for the Republicans is putting together a team that can defeat the present White House occupant.

BSB

This process causes all candidates to go through serious scrutiny and test their metal. The last one standing has gone through a lot and passed the test. This process only makes the eventual contender against Obama stronger and better at the game. I would hope that Cain not take your advice and for that matter none of the candidates should listen to chumps like you because you don't know what you are talking about.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2011, 11:59:49 AM »
Actually, I just gave you a whole shit-load of facts, which you apparently prefer to ignore so that you can focus on the "Uncle Tom" issues all over again.  Far better, in your view, to engage me on matters of opinion(is "Tom" a racist accusation or not) than on any of the facts which I raised.

Sure you did. And I'm sure you can come up with a signed agreement or settlement with Cain's signature on it, for it to be factual and all.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2011, 12:09:50 PM »
Kathleen Willey? 

Yea, one of the many NON-anonymous folk