Author Topic: In the Wake of the Surge  (Read 2488 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: In the Wake of the Surge
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2007, 02:04:54 AM »
<<See?  Not once was I referencing 1 individual. That's your intended deflection effort...don't look here, look over there.  I'm referencing those who RISK death not to themselves, but to their families by bringing information on terrorist and insurgent activity.>>

sirs, you're hilarious.  When you aren't trying to change what I wrote, you try to change what YOU wrote.  Again and again. Thank God for cut and paste.  In this case, you tried to change what I wrote and now here you are trying to change what YOU wrote when you were changing what I wrote.  Debating with you really is like trying to nail water to the wall.

Here's how this "debate" between us has progressed:
1.  You write about people who betray resistance fighters to the American army.
2.  I call such people traitors and collaborators.
3.  You dispute my using such terms to describe people who are only praying for peace and freedom.  (obviously misrepresenting what                    you had first said about them.)
4.  I accuse you of changing your own words, first referring about people betraying resistance fighters to the Americans, and in a later post referring to them only as people praying for peace and freedom.
5.  You respond to my accusation claiming that anyone who helped the Americans was obviously someone who would be praying for peace and freedom.
6.  I gave you numerous examples of people who helped the Americans for various motives, none of which related to peace and freedom.
7.  You then accused me of attempting to deflect the argument because (1) you had not been referring to specific individuals but I was trying to focus attention on other individuals (as if a general statement could not be disproved by specific examples of exceptions to the general statement) and (2) because your original reference was to <<those who RISK death not to themselves, but to their families>> (your own words again, in red) - - which was actually your SECOND misrepresentation of your own original words, because now you are referring to folks who are risking their families' lives by helping Americans.

So, sirs, to sum up your many changing versions of what you have actually said (all of them documented here in this thread in black and white):  first you post a statement about people who betray resistance fighters to the American army (whom I rightfully called traitors;) then you claimed that you had been referring only to folks who prayed for peace and freedom; and then you claimed that you had been referring to folks who risked their lives betraying Resistance fighters.

This constant never-ending attempt to re-write what you originally wrote is kind of amusing, I must admit.  It's a challenge to follow sirs' thoughts in all their self-induced mutations as they change with every objection raised against them.  But it's not something I have an infinite amount of time for.  I think in the future, I will comment only on the original version of a sirs post, and just refrain from commenting on any of the numerous re-writes that sirs produces in the course of the argument.