Author Topic: The Honor of a Woman  (Read 856 times)

gipper

The Honor of a Woman
« on: September 18, 2007, 06:36:38 PM »
I am one almost genetically inclined to honor women. On the national scene now we have one who is acquitting herself so well as to be in a class of her own. That is not an easy task for Hillary Clinton is competing for approval of the voters with Barack Obama, perhaps the brightest new star to rise in the political firmament in recent years.

But Mrs. Clinton has met every task of a long and grueling campaign schedule with panache, grace and dignity, all the while demonstrating her surpassing intelligence and unique experiential base.

Yet there is a tendency among some to trash her because she's a woman or because she dares to enter the ring. I must say that all of us would be poorer if she had not.

At this juncture, I suggest in timely fashion, in her realm Mrs. Clinton is more respectworthy than Gen. David Petraeus, of recent controversy, and deserves at least the same political cover for her ideas as he enjoyed for his.

Richpo64

Re: The Honor of a Woman
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:44:01 PM »
>>But Mrs. Clinton has met every task of a long and grueling campaign schedule with panache, grace and dignity, all the while demonstrating her surpassing intelligence and unique experiential base.<<

Leaving aside the ridiculous fawning, what exactly is her "experiential base"?

The huge embarrassment of HillaryCare which cost the Dems the House?

What?

yellow_crane

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 06:56:17 PM »
I am one almost genetically inclined to honor women. On the national scene now we have one who is acquitting herself so well as to be in a class of her own. That is not an easy task for Hillary Clinton is competing for approval of the voters with Barack Obama, perhaps the brightest new star to rise in the political firmament in recent years.

But Mrs. Clinton has met every task of a long and grueling campaign schedule with panache, grace and dignity, all the while demonstrating her surpassing intelligence and unique experiential base.

Yet there is a tendency among some to trash her because she's a woman or because she dares to enter the ring. I must say that all of us would be poorer if she had not.

At this juncture, I suggest in timely fashion, in her realm Mrs. Clinton is more respectworthy than Gen. David Petraeus, of recent controversy, and deserves at least the same political cover for her ideas as he enjoyed for his.

Hillary has been provided a guantlet that exceeds the distance of all others.

The Right has vilified her like no other.

I think the more stupid super-weathy icons of the Far Right had it out for her since she worked on the Watergate staff to impeach Dick, added to the mere fact that she is a woman. 

When it is all said and done, her election will mean that people now see her not as a villain or a victim but as a survivor.

Instead of mindlessly piling on, they will now admire her.

gipper

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 06:57:41 PM »
Say it, brother.

Richpo64

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 07:40:33 PM »
Okay, so we've established she has no experience. Unless of course you include her stock market prowess.

What has she ever done?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2007, 08:02:40 PM »
Section 1 of Article 2 of the U.S. Constitution states that a President must:

be a natural born citizen of the united States
be at least 35 years old
have lived in the U.S. for at least 14 years

she`s qualified from the looks of it
all she gotta worry about is how she looks compared to her competition.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2007, 10:57:42 PM »

I'm not going to say how, um, odd I find the, ah, adoring prelation of Hillary Clinton. Instead, I'm just going to ask if by "the same political cover" you mean full page newspaper ads suggesting she is betraying the country, because I'm sure we could find some folks who would love to get in on that action.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--