Author Topic: leasticoulddo yuppie spys  (Read 1624 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
leasticoulddo yuppie spys
« on: July 03, 2010, 02:11:52 AM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: leasticoulddo yuppie spys
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 02:39:31 PM »
It appears that the  non-spies recently  have posed no threat to the nation's security yet, and it could be that if left alone, this might never happen.
The government will not call them "spies", just "unregistered foreign agents". I wonder how many such types Israel has in the US at the moment? Or for that matter, Canada, the UK, or Mexico?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:08:49 PM »
It is a mystery to me.

These guys were not placed to gather Military or industrial secrets.

I wonder what was interesting? Why was there a need for secrecy?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 01:47:11 AM »
It is a mystery to me.

These guys were not placed to gather Military or industrial secrets.

I wonder what was interesting? Why was there a need for secrecy?

http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/20100705.gif

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:36 AM »
How would it look to just send Boris and Natasha off to visit America to join Rotary Clubs and throw Tupperware Parties? Could you put that on some secret military budget? Someone might question why Russian taxpayers need to pay for Boris and Natasha to visit Disney and ride in teacups, or join the Short Hills Country Club.

Presumably, the idea was to have someone that understood how the American people thought, so as to manipulate us better. Otherwise, they could piss away millions subsidizing Lyndon LaRouche, Amway, the Scientologists or Rand Paul or others who were not entirely into US culture.

Suppose you were in Russian intelligence and they gave you a budget to spend on late night UHF TV infomercials that would support the Russian cause. You could have any sort of show, but it should be effective and unobvious as to its motives. Would you hire a preacher or a Brit in a vest with a special mop? An aging celebrity like Ed McMahon? And what would the message be?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 09:50:43 AM »
I might hire some public relations professionals.

Perhaps the Russians didn't want to get that serious?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
If the Russians hired some PR people, that would mean that the PR firm would have to register as foreign agents. Plus, they wanted people who understood the entire culture from all perspectives,and PR people charge for focusing on one aspect, like marketing, at a time. Marketing skills could be useful, but there is a lot more they would need to know. I would imagine that the Israelis have infiltrated the US with greater success to sell their cause to Americans better than anyone else, and I am sure that they get a lot of free advice from PR experts.

The latest ad campaign shows various recognizable sites from the Bible and then says "There's a little Israel in all of us." Quite impressive. Israel shows really impressive ads on US TV. And I do not deny that it is a very interesting tourist destination. Jerusalem is peddled as a particularly important destination (which it undeniably is) but nary a word about how the Romans pretty much erased it in 135 AD, and other than the Western Wall, there is nothing really standing from Jesus' time. There are many older cities in Turkey, Syria, Jordan and even in Israel itself that are a lot older than Jerusalem. The Bible mentions the destruction of Jerusalem as something that is GOING to happen,and never mentions anywhere that it actually DID happen. So we have all the evangelicals running about telling us that it is STILL going to happen. I suppose it might, but again, most preachers never get deep enough into actual history to tell us that yep, the Jews actually had a military Messiah (or maybe several, but the most famous was Simon bar Kokhba "son of a star"--guess which star) who actually threw the Romans out, ruled for three years, and lamentably was conquered by them. That pretty much lost him the title of Messiah. But still, he DID accomplish more in his lifetime than Jesus. Jesus just had better PR in Paul.

You can walk where Jesus walked, but you can't enter any buildings that he entered. I suppose some of the pavement remains from Jesus' time.

Good advertising always omits all the negatives (such as the Romans razing Jerusalem entirely) and emphasizes the positives (amazing how the Israelis always make a commercial that appeals to both Christians (many of whom see the final apocalyptic destruction of Jerusalem and the conversion of the Jews) and the Jews (who see Jerusalem as a place of symbolic triumph) alike. As I said, no one is better at PR.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 10:52:37 AM »
Wow.

Ninty degree turn!

So you want to discuss Jesus now?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
I was going to say that the Russians should try to infiltrate Israeli intelligence. I am pretty sure that the idea has occurred to them. There are certainly lots of Russians Jews available, after all. And the US tends to ignore Israeli intel in this country, they have only arrested one person in the last 60 years. A Russian JEWISH couple living in the US as possible Israeli agents could get away with it a lot more easily than the Borises and Natashas they just caught. A Boris and Natasha disguised as a Schlomo and Gilda, that's the ticket.

I was not talking about Jesus as a messiah, but as a tourist attraction.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 11:08:01 AM »
If you are thinking about Jesus a lot nowadays I don't want to interfere with his work.

Jesus spoke of Jeruslems destruction beforehand , John the revelator spole of it again after Rome had caused the disapora and sacked the city.

The Romans even razed all the orchards near Jeruslem to make it hard to reestablish the city. Jews didn't give up on return for almost two thousand years.

Were the Arabs and Crusaders who took posession one and another aware for Jews?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 01:16:01 PM »

Were the Arabs and Crusaders who took posession one and another aware for Jews?

The Romans expelled all the Jews, and rebuilt the city as Aelia capitolina, and Jews were barred from living there for at least 150 years.

In the Book of Revelation, John does not describe the destruction of Jerusalem, he predicts it. That is why so many preachers are still predicting the destruction of the Temple (which has not existed since 135 CE). Of course, the rest of his predictions (the return of Jesus, the Apocalypse, the harrowing of Hell, etc. have not occurred. So supposedly, we can expect Jerusalem (or at least the yet-unbuilt Third Temple) to be wiped out again. It is not clear where Jesus will rule from after this happens

The Book of Revelation strongly resembles the ravings of a lunatic.

Here is what Wikipedia says about Jerusalem:
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/central/

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »

It is not clear where Jesus will rule from after this happens

This is like asking where the worlds biggest bear sleeps.

Anywhere he wants.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 09:08:51 PM »
As I recall, the RLDS Church claims that Jesus will reappear in Independence, MO. I think some place up near Gallatin. MO called "Adam-ondhi-Ahman" also a fave spot. My father helped them put up a Historical Site Marker there years and years ago.

But I suppose that as you say, wherever he wants to might be a good answer. Or maybe just call it "God's Country".

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)