Author Topic: Morons!  (Read 1539 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Morons!
« on: July 03, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
Hugo Chavez took over several US oil rigs this week.

Why didn't the morons seal the wells then blow the rigs up?

Whoooooo-go woulda got nuttin if they were my rigs!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100624/ap_on_bi_ge/lt_venezuela_oil_rigs
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 04:32:16 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Morons!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 10:07:07 AM »
If you blow up your own property, insurance companies tend to not reimburse you.

And you call them "morons"?

Where is this posted, by the way?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:31:28 AM »
"If you blow up your own property, insurance companies tend to not reimburse you.
And you call them "morons"?"

So you are claiming the US companies are fully re-imbursed the 43-67 million via insurance they
were owed in past fees and the costs of the rigs when Commi Chavez takes over the rigs?
Can you source this if you are indeed making this claim? I am unable to find any such information.

"Where is this posted, by the way?"

Are you that much of lazy bum that you can't google "chavez US oil rigs"?
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=49&articleid=20100702_49_E1_Helmer498692

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 11:50:13 AM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 11:52:46 AM »
blowing the rig on a foriegn land just doesn`t sound like a good idea.

making the rig unuseable is another matter. you can just claim" made in america" as the problem.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:25:57 PM »
These rigs do not belong to me, and it sounds like a billing dispute. It seems that Venezuela has paid some of what it is owed, and the company refused to allow the rigs to be put into operation.

Blowing up stuff is a very, very stupid idea. It means that the company will never get the rigs back and will never be paid.

As for googling something posted by "Christians", I have observed that he posts a lot of dubious crap. The US and/or Israel has been within days of declaring war in Iran, according to him.

I will not be sending Hugo Chavez a birthday card this year. That's the best I can do.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
Venezuela has paid some of what it is owed

Oh well...wow...I guess that makes it ok!  ::)
How bout I buy your house and pay "some of what I owe" and just keep the house.

As for googling something posted by "Christians", I have observed that he posts a lot of dubious crap.

For your information this story is all over the internet including on AP, ABC News, Yahoo News,
Business Week so your typical "kill the messenger" crap does not work here....but nice try.

Just as I thought...a lazy smartass bum wanting others to do his work for him...figures.

If Chavez stole something I built I assure you he would not be pumping
any oil from a platform I built....I would have blown it to bits after
capping the well.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 05:59:18 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »
Lot of unanswered questions in the story.  The rigs probably operate under a concession agreement which provides its own mechanism (usually some form of arbitration) for resolution of disputes.  We don't know if the state-owned oil company disputes the amount claimed as owing or not.  We don't know if non-payment or partial payment is an excuse for shutting down the well or if Venezuelan law permits the rigs to continue to operate under a trusteeship (state or otherwise) while the dispute is resolved.  If this is an expropriation, there is no indication that the owners won't be compensated, and in fact according to the article, the U.S. DOS "hopes" that they will be compensated.

Bottom line is that any sovereign state has the right to expropriate natural resources or those who exploit them, usually with compensation, so this whole article looks like the usual "Hate Chavez" crap designed to inflame public opinion against him.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »
Bottom line is that any sovereign state has the right to expropriate natural resources or those who exploit them, usually with compensation, so this whole article looks like the usual "Hate Chavez" crap designed to inflame public opinion against him.

Opinion of the "bottom line" aside, that doesn't take much
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 10:19:47 PM »
Why would anyone explore Venezuela for oil?

Loan them money or use any equipment there?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 11:00:57 PM »
<<Why would anyone explore Venezuela for oil?

<<Loan them money or use any equipment there?>>

I dunno, maybe you should ask the Chinese.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=91247

I think the days of America being able to take what it wants by force from anywhere on this planet are rapidly coming to an end.  The fall of the U.S.S.R. was a catastrophe for the victims of American imperialism but the vacuum may finally be filled by another Communist superpower able and willing to take on imperialism head-to-head anywhere on the planet.  I don't think we're gonna see China challenging the U.S. directly in its own backyard, but a return to the kind of Cold War balances where a squeeze on Cuba could be countered by a squeeze on Berlin.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 11:13:29 AM »
Taiwan and the area offshore around China would be the likely places, but there could also be pressure on Mongolia, Kashmir, Afghanistan and some other "stans". China is mostly concerned with the continuous development of China. Africa is one source of resources where China simply competes with money and technology. There is no doubt that China can build roads, railroads and port facilities far more cheaply than competing nations. Africa could become a friction point as well. But i do not see even proxy armed conflict as all that likely.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »

I think the days of America being able to take what it wants by force from anywhere on this planet are rapidly coming to an end.  The fall of the U.S.S.R. was a catastrophe for the victims of American imperialism but the vacuum may finally be filled by another Communist superpower able and willing to take on imperialism head-to-head anywhere on the planet.  I don't think we're gonna see China challenging the U.S. directly in its own backyard, but a return to the kind of Cold War balances where a squeeze on Cuba could be countered by a squeeze on Berlin.

So Hugo is unlikely to take stuff from the Chineese? Unlikely to fail to make payments to the Chineese?  Wonder why , do the Chineese pay more?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »

As much as you loved Soviet Imperielism , you are gonna love Chineese imperialism even more.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 11:27:39 AM »
ok
the difference beteween american and chinese investments  abroad is american money tend to have quite abit of clauses attached to it. chinese money has very little, meaning countries will naturally be more friendly to the chinese.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 11:32:39 AM »
ok
the difference beteween american and chinese investments  abroad is american money tend to have quite abit of clauses attached to it. chinese money has very little, meaning countries will naturally be more friendly to the chinese.

Ah Ha!

I think you have a good point there.

Please elaborate , do you mean that we Americans are irritateing the leaders of the third world with demands for human rights and respect for peoples ?

Or were you speaking of other strings?