Author Topic: Oxendine , Handel, Barnes and Palin  (Read 881 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Oxendine , Handel, Barnes and Palin
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:20:11 PM »
I like Oxendine , Sara seems to like Handel.

Barnes is whistleing past the graveyard.

http://www.macon.com/2010/07/15/1196035/poll-barnes-oxendine-and-handel.html

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Oxendine , Handel, Barnes and Palin
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:49:29 PM »

Election 2010: Georgia Republican Primary for Governor
Georgia Republican Primary for Governor: Deal, Handel Tied For Lead At 25% Apiece
Thursday, July 15, 2010

Boosted by major endorsements this week, ex-Congressman Nathan Deal and former Georgia Secretary of State Karen Handel are tied for the lead in the state?s Republican Primary contest for governor. Both, however, are far short of the number of votes needed to avoid a runoff.

A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Voters in Georgia finds Deal and Handel each earning 25% support. State Insurance Commissioner John Oxendine, the early leader in the Republican race, runs a close third with 20% of the vote.

Eric Johnson, who recently stepped down as a state senator, trails in the four-way race, capturing 13% support. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and a sizable 14% are undecided.

If no candidate captures a majority of the vote in Tuesday?s primary, the top two vote getters will face each other in an August 10 runoff.

Deal and Handel both have received endorsements this week that mirror the ongoing battle for the direction of the national Republican Party. Deal has been endorsed by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia. Handel is one of the latest women candidates nationally to be endorsed by former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, the GOP?s 2008 vice presidential nominee. Gingrich and Palin are major contenders for the party?s presidential nomination in 2012.

Primaries are notoriously difficult to assess because of the generally low voter turnout. Georgia primary voters have been allowed to vote since early June, and, despite the contentious gubernatorial race, turnout has been predictably light. In such an environment, high-profile endorsements from people like Palin and Gingrich can have a huge impact during the final week of a campaign.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/georgia/election_2010_georgia_republican_primary_for_governor

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »
Rasmussen doesn't even consider Oxendine?

Seems as though Oxendine ought to be the best known Republican , and Barnes is only better known because he was govenor before.

Have you seen the Barnes advertisement in which he seems to be saying that all the other states are laughing at Ga.? Whose vote is this supposed to be getting?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 10:22:22 PM »
I think that Oxendine has some skeletons in his closet that will come out if he is the nominee. The same with Deal.

I have met Handel and she is quite capable of being an excellent governor.

I am really surprised that Baker isn't polling better, not because he is black, but because he is probably the most honorable of the bunch.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 10:34:37 PM »
I think that Oxendine has some skeletons in his closet that will come out if he is the nominee. The same with Deal.

I have met Handel and she is quite capable of being an excellent governor.

I am really surprised that Baker isn't polling better, not because he is black, but because he is probably the most honorable of the bunch.

Can Baker get money?

That seems to be highly important ,without enough money to blow your own horn nobody knows about you.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:03:24 AM »
He has quite the resume.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 02:06:42 AM »

That Resume does make Baker seem like a good canadate , Oxendine has a lot going for him too.

http://www.gainsurance.org/

http://www.gainsurance.org/PublicInformation/Bio.aspx

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 06:20:12 AM »
http://unionrecorder.com/local/x1300295351/Candidates-clash-in-final-gubernatorial-debates

sorry I missed this , but this article does not sound like the debate went well.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 01:43:40 PM »
It will be a nail biter.

Deal has a good chance to pull of an upset, though he has as much baggage as Oxendine. Handel would be better for the state.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 06:21:32 PM »
You don't mean that Sara Palin has once again picked the winner?

If she isn't ever a canadate again , she has a greaat career as a tout.