Author Topic: interesting  (Read 1246 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
interesting
« on: July 12, 2010, 03:46:34 PM »
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/family-parenting/article.aspx?cp-documentid=24682682&GT1=32001

the thing that article didn`t bring up is that not parents are happy or at least a large percent .

also sad these couples have to justify it to others.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: interesting
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »
I fail to see how not having children is "selfish". It is a decision, if you do not have children, the only possible people who might suffer are you and your mate. The children you did not have do not suffer (duh!) because they do not exist. I see no reason why anyone should have to explain this any more than anyone should have to justify having one, two or however many children. I would think that having many children is far more selfish.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:14:30 PM »
basicly it`s a double standard that will not go away anytime soon and I think very cruel. if the couple is biologically unable I`ve seen family and freinds ask in detail why it won`t work.

same with a couple who lost a child , friends will tell them just have another.

I find it very heartless

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 11:49:08 PM »
MYOB is what these meddling people need to hear from childless couples.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 12:03:45 AM »
doubtful myob will be used much since it`s normally family and typically the elderly that would ask and at that age believe they have every right to ask without kindness.

I think it`s also a semicultural thing, the very thought of not having kids is very taboo.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »
It is old fashioned in every culture to plan on haveing grown kids earn what their elders need.

This is the origional retirement plan.

Now we have a government program to take care of this and people depend less on their own children,The government thjough still depends on haveing young earners paying taxes.

So it is basicly the same plan , but with a middleman now.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 12:15:08 AM »
what a lousy plan since most AMERICAN parents have less than 3 kids. so the income draw can get very slim to none.

also parents don1`t always treat thier adult kids rights nicely. so the upbringing don`t compell the kids today to care as much.

I have many relatives asking how come people don`t vist.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 10:53:44 AM »
Social approbation is a major way that people are forced to follow ancient customs in traditional village life. If you do not properly care for your elders, people will say bad things about you. You might get shut out of business or other important parts of village life. No one might want to marry your sons or daughters.

If you move these people to some city in the US, the social approbation factor is gone. No one bothers to judge you if you send a cheapo bouquet to Mom on Mother's Day, or fail to bring the kids over for some birthday celebration.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2010, 01:51:29 PM »
I`ve always thought this is the foundation of how civilizations grow. explorers is just another name for kids leaving the nest.

seriously if ever we get a lunar colony. a lot families we`ll be in for a shock.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 07:10:14 PM »
IN China there are millions more single child familys than the Human race has ever produced before.

The behavior of the oldest child used to be a minority behavior , thanks to China it can become the majority of the Human race.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 07:39:56 PM »
actually the oldest would be gone since usually the oldest tend to be the true parent in a family since he or she is the one truely raising the kids .

in a single child family the parents tend to spoil the kid and give ca great deal more attention. I hear these kids in china has greater difficulty dealing with asian jobs.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 11:48:53 AM »
I hear these kids in china has greater difficulty dealing with asian jobs.

===========================================
This could be a great disadvantage, being as China is in Asia, and I guess by definition all the jobs are Asian ones.

Probably easier than Antarctican jobs, I am sure.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 03:04:04 PM »
inside joke-sorry

When I said asian jobs , i meant extremely hard jobs. I work in a all chinese company and it`s nickname is "nazi factory". I believe 3 people brokedown when I was there.I always joked that now I know what`s it`s like to be in china.when I heard of the suicides in the factories, I wasn`t really shocked.

I read in japan some copy place forbid sitting, thier is no chairs in the whole place. If I was working thier the boss will be yelling "where da f*&k are your shoes!!?"  lets just say I`m hardly a team player.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2010, 05:49:18 PM »
If I was working thier the boss will be yelling "where da f*&k are your shoes!!?"  lets just say I`m hardly a team player.

===========================================
I thought you worked as (1) a museum guard and (2) as a copy machine repairman. Are these with all-Chinese companies?

And perhaps you could explain the comment about shoes. Why would a boss inquire about your shoes? Because you had them on, and should take them off indoors, or because you are required to wear them at work, and might have taken them off?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010, 12:12:46 AM »
I worked as a tech in a copy & print company in the early 90 and it was all chinese they even reward in gold.

the shoe thing would be me messing with the bosses in a job that do not allow employee to not sit on company property . Id do it on break of course so it would be legal.

not just asian bosses though, as i work in security I`ve notice security supervisors are ignorant about walking 8 hour may cause foot pain. they get upset when i take my shoe off during break.

these are the same people who don`t understand the high turnover security industry has in general.

the term 'they should be happy to have a job 'just don`t cut it in security.

fast food has a better retention and it pays less and alot higher workload.