Author Topic: Will Washington's Failures Lead To Second American Revolution?  (Read 5683 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Will Washington's Failures Lead To Second American Revolution?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2010, 12:44:42 PM »
"Yes that is the same guy who was waving a club at voters."

And Obama dumped the prosecution procedures against him for voter intimidation. Now how does Obama not agree with this guy and his thugs?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2010, 12:56:15 PM »
Well, waving a club at voters certainly looks like voter intimidation, but I hope you realize that the "Kill cracker babies" is a separate incident not related to the alleged voter intimidation in any way.  In other words, the prosecution of the voter intimidation charges would have to stand on its own two feet independent of what this guy might think about killing cracker babies.

I don't know why the prosecution gave up, I haven't heard Holder's side of it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2010, 01:58:46 PM »
Obama was not elected because of two clowns with clubs in one out of tens of thousands of precincts. There is no evidence that even ONE vote was influenced.

This is just another ratbag rightwing talkshow harangue.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2010, 02:14:48 PM »
Obama was not elected because of two clowns with clubs in one out of tens of thousands of precincts. There is no evidence that even ONE vote was influenced.

I don't recall anyone saying the incident changed the outcome of the election.

If voter intimidation is decriminalized now, so be it.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2010, 03:15:30 PM »
I was referring to Kramer's spastic reaction, not yours.

It is stupid to assume that Obama approved oft, or was even aware of this until after the election.

For there to be intimidation of voters, doesn't at least one have to complain?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »
"Obama was not elected because of two clowns with clubs in one out of tens of thousands of precincts."

To come to that silly conclusion means it's likely as a child you rode the special bus to school wearing the cute helmet. Who in the hell implied that moronic notion in the first place? -- Oh it as you!!!!!!!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2010, 03:43:09 PM »
Well, waving a club at voters certainly looks like voter intimidation, but I hope you realize that the "Kill cracker babies" is a separate incident not related to the alleged voter intimidation in any way.  In other words, the prosecution of the voter intimidation charges would have to stand on its own two feet independent of what this guy might think about killing cracker babies.  I don't know why the prosecution gave up, I haven't heard Holder's side of it.

Holder's "side of it", included a judgement already made, by way of the defendents never providing any defense, in the premilinary.  It was quite literally, a formality for Holder and company to complete what had already legally been judged

Once again, is the arguement here that if 3 KKK folks were standing in front of some voting precinct, with clubs, yelling racial slurs, this would NOT have been voter intimidation??

Is that the position Tee & Xo are staking??  Seriously.  They'd be stating, "Well, we really don't know what John Ashcroft had or didn't have.  We really don't know his side of it.  I'm sure it was perfectly legitimate and reasonable, not to have prosecuted KKK members, in front of a polling place, reciting racial slurs, while holding clubs"  ???  Really??
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:53:18 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »
I'll say this (having said it before), one thing that can be accurately deduced, is that the lack of prosecuting such a clear case of voter intimidation by this administration gives a green light light for far more efforts to intimidate voters.  Just so long as your a minority attempting to intimidate white voters.  Then you largely will have a free pass.  

And when the dust settles, and any "investigation" is performed, the election will have come and gone, and Dems will hope they still have some majority somewhere, with the help of efforts like those of the New Black Panthers
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:48:33 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2010, 04:12:29 PM »
I'll say this (having said it before), one thing that can be accurately deduced, is that the lack of prosecuting such a clear case of voter intimidation by this administration gives a green light light for mar more efforts to intimidate voters.  Just so long as your a minority attempting to intimidate white voters.  Then you largely will have a free pass. 

And when the dust settles, and any "investigation" is performed, the election will have come and gone, and Dems will hope they still have some majority somewhere, with the help of efforts like those of the New Black Panthers

Exactly   ---   it's not the 1 case, it's the 1 times 1000 cases of voter intimidation that will steal elections. Go ahead intimidate white voters it's OK with Obama and the Democrat Party. Then under the theory of division you have white people start doing it and what do you have? Race Wars and of course that is what Obama & Company want.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 06:34:43 PM »
This video relates to this case & the disgraceful Obama Justice Department:

Eric Holder Favors Black Panthers

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 07:52:06 PM »

What is the standard in Florida?

I recall in the 2000 elections there were allegations of voter intimidation that did not have nearly this much evidence that they were actual. Were these alligations unimportant?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
In fact, there was nary any evidence of such in 2000, but the cries of voter intimidation and "disenfranchisement" from the left were deafening.  Here's a clear cut case, as (pardon the pun) black & white as you can get, and both Tee & Xo are largely brushing it off, pleading ignorance.....we really don't know what Holder has or doesn't have.  (which is truthful)  BUT, to not even prosecute a case that had already been legally judged in the prilinary phase??  Is there ANY doubt such a prosecution would not have come forth, if the rolls were reversed, and it was 3 Klansman with clubs in front of a voting precinct?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »

What is the standard in Florida?

I recall in the 2000 elections there were allegations of voter intimidation that did not have nearly this much evidence that they were actual. Were these alligations unimportant?

Only the ones against Democrat voters count. No doubt if you really examine the New Black Panther voter intimidation case it involved white Republicans not Democrats.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 10:05:59 PM »
I'm not a big fan of Obama any more and I'm totally pissed that he refuses to press torture charges against Bush admin officials including Cheney, under the absurd "reasoning" that to bring such charges would be "looking backward."  Fuck him and fuck his administration.

However, the New Black Panther Party flap is at this point nothing more than a "he-says-she-says" slimefest, with one ex-DOJ lawyer, now a conservative blogger, claiming the case was virtually a slam-dunk and Holder's officials claiming the evidence was weak.  There IS an injunction now standing against one of the accused, so it's wrong to say that the Obama administration has taken no action.  However as far as the other accused are concerned, here is as much as I could figure out.

from Wikipedia article on Holder:

<<Holder's Department of Justice ended a civil suit originally brought by the Bush administration against members of the New Black Panther Party for alleged voter intimidation due to an apparent lack of evidence. This has caused controversy in some quarters because some former members of the department, including J. Christian Adams, have accused Holder and the Justice Department of dropping the case due to racial prejudice.>>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Holder

from Fox News:

<<"At a minimum, without sufficient proof that New Black Panther Party or Malik Zulu Shabazz directed or controlled unlawful activities at the polls, or made speeches directed to immediately inciting or producing lawless action on Election Day, any attempt to bring suit against those parties based merely upon their alleged 'approval' or 'endorsement' of Minister King Samir Shabazz and Jackson’s activities would have likely failed," he [Assistant Attorney General Thomas Perez ] told the commission.>>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/06/30/justice-dept-lawyer-accuses-holder-dropping-new-black-panther-case-political/

I do note that for all of Adams' accusations against the DOJ, all of them seemed to be based on broad, sweeping generalizations such as an "atmosphere" or a "hostility" to something, and although he claims the case would have been a slam-dunk, he makes no specific allegations of specific evidence available to the DOJ that would have cinched the case.  Holder's people say there's no evidence of specific directions given or of direct incitement, and these statements remain unrefuted by Adams, who as one of the attorneys in charge of the case would certainly be in a position to contradict the official DOJ line with specifics.

I think it's BS.  The usual right-wing bullshit smear with no back-up, as in the Sherrod case just last week.  They never let up, but they're all fulla shit.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2010, 10:13:17 PM »
Seems like a case of he said <>she has photographic evidence.