Author Topic: Republicans want review of birthright citizenship  (Read 35861 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Republicans want review of birthright citizenship
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 02:54:31 AM »
So much for the lie indeed.

For it to be a lie i would have had to have said that the required paperwork was automatically approved.

I didn't. Which makes you the liar.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 11:38:24 AM »
Too many otherwise interesting conversations here seem to end with sirs using his favorite word "lie". Everything that sirs does not believe is not an opinion, it is a "lie".

I deem that the XIV Amendment will not be amended, and that attempts to prevent the newborn from becoming citizens without amending it will be ineffective.

This is similar to all the flap about the Republicans wanting to pass an amendment against flag burning.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
Too many otherwise interesting conversations here seem to end with sirs using his favorite word "lie". Everything that sirs does not believe is not an opinion, it is a "lie".

Examples, please.  You do realize you're responding to Bt's post.  But by all means, do a quick search here, and provide all these apparent numerous examples of sirs supposed "favorite word"...lest you be the one caught with his hand in the cookie jar

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 03:59:59 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
SIRS....you better behave youself and just sit you ass down!
You have no rights to ask your country not be turned into Managua, Nicaragua.
The American People should have no say in this matter!
Yes the American People do not approve of this illegal invasion, but so what?
The American People do not approve of the Healthcare Ration or Gay Marriage either...so what?
Why should the American People be able to say they dont want tens of millions of
3rd World, uneducated, non-english speaking invaders breaking into their country?
The American People need to change their freaking laws to accomodate the inavders!
And change a bunch of stuff like signs, gvt forms, ect... to accomodate non-english invaders
Whose country is it? Shouldn't the invaders have a say?
Anyone and everyone should get a FREE PASS in here!
Instead of 30 million poor people, lets up the ante and try and get 100 million!
Yeah boss dats the ticket....pack in the poor!....gonna make America Great!
Oh and dont worry...we're gonna get something called "comprehensive immigration reform"
Ya know what that means? Make all the invaders here legal & then in 20 years do it all again.
100 Million is da goal!
As I drive around & see parts of my city that now look like Guatemala slums...hey it makes me proud!

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2010, 01:34:34 PM »

For it to be a lie i would have had to have said that the required paperwork was automatically approved.

I didn't. Which makes you the liar.

I said, "The point is, why should he be prevented from going somewhere else?" To which you replied, "They aren't. They simply need to properly fill out the required paperwork." The "They aren't" certainly appears to indicate the "they", the would-be immigrants, are not prevented from immigrating here. You then explained further by saying, "They simply need to properly fill out the required paperwork." The clear indication being that no one is prevented from immigrating here so long as they fill out the proper paperwork. And as we have established, filling out paperwork is not a guarantee of being allowed to enter. So therefore, your comment was not true, and I have not lied about anything.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2010, 01:38:50 PM »

No one said it was a closed border.

Your insinuation of how "difficult" it is, literally "preventing" an unskilled immigrant from coming to this country, is pretty transparent.  Your application in the use of not supporting "significantly relaxing" current immigration requirements, is also duely noted

When get around to noting that I have never said anything about the border being closed, let me know. Better yet, let me know when you're through trying to insist I meant things I never said.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:05 PM »
You've hit on a couple of really good points, with the sarcastic response Cu4.  In particular, how back during Reagan, we were told, just make all the 2-4 million illegal immigrants, legal, and we'll then focus on border enforcement, and enforcing employees to hire only legal citizens/immigrants.  Problem largely solved.  Problem was, there was next to nothing in the way of enforcement

Now, 20+years, and upwards of 12-20million MORE illegals later, we're told by many, that we just make the illegal immigrants, legal, and they we'll focus on border enforcement, and enforcing employees to hire only legal citizens/immigrants.  Problem largely solved

I note a pattern, and it's not one that bodes well for American resources and quality of life, for those who are legally here.  And just as bad is the slap in the face of all those millions of immigrants that DID go thru the process, wanting to come to America, that bad, to start a new life
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »

Clearly, I don't support your version of "significantly relaxed restrictions"

I repeat: No one is saying we should have lots and lots of illegal immigration. If we significantly relaxed immigration restrictions and made immigrating here relatively easy, then the people coming in would be legal immigrants, and likely there would still be some illegal immigrants. Since you don't support significantly relaxed immigration restrictions and making immigrating here relatively easy, clearly the issue is immigration, not legal vs. illegal.

You haven't said anything that actually contradicts that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 01:43:10 PM »
No one said it was a closed border.
Your insinuation of how "difficult" it is, literally "preventing" an unskilled immigrant from coming to this country, is pretty transparent. 

When get around to noting that I have never said anything about the border being closed, let me know. Better yet, let me know when you're through trying to insist I meant things I never said.

Been there, done that.  Never said literally, merely the implication was transparent

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 01:45:43 PM »

The American People should have no say in this matter!

No one is arguing that. Nice strawman building skills though. If I ever need an archery target, I'll let you know.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 01:48:29 PM »
Clearly, I don't support your version of "significantly relaxed restrictions"

I repeat: No one is saying we should have lots and lots of illegal immigration. If we significantly relaxed immigration restrictions and made immigrating here relatively easy, ....

And there in lies your problem.  I don't support such.  However since I don't agree with your version of "significantly relaxed", apparently that translates into me not wanting immigration to even occur, or that I'm against immigration because I make it so hard, despite my having made it clear I do, merely that it indeed should be arduous....BUT LEGAL

I see your point though, just make it so easy, that nearly everyone entering is "legal", problem solved.  Problem is, it doesn't

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 02:18:07 PM »

However since I don't agree with your version of "significantly relaxed", apparently that translates into me not wanting immigration to even occur, or that I'm against immigration because I make it so hard

Not what I said. What I said was: "If we significantly relaxed immigration restrictions and made immigrating here relatively easy, then the people coming in would be legal immigrants, and likely there would still be some illegal immigrants. Since you don't support significantly relaxed immigration restrictions and making immigrating here relatively easy, clearly the issue is immigration, not legal vs. illegal." No part of that says or implies you do not want immigration to even occur.

I see your point though, just make it so easy, that nearly everyone entering is "legal", problem solved.  Problem is, it doesn't

Thus the issue is immigration, not legal vs. illegal.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 02:20:22 PM »

Never said literally, merely the implication was transparent

Ahem. Let me know when you're through trying to insist I meant things I never said.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 02:37:40 PM »

The issue is two fold.

Immigration

and how to handle those who enter the country illegally.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »
I see your point though, just make it so easy, that nearly everyone entering is "legal", problem solved.  Problem is, it doesn't

No, that still remains the issue.  YOUR issue is this need to agree to your version of immigration & its "significantly relaxed" requirements, otherwise one apparently doesn't support immigration

I'll be waiting when you're ready to discuss restricting some of your significant relaxation mandates.  Then we can address some of my willingness to lessen the current ones