Author Topic: Health Care Lawsuits Are Just Partisan Politics  (Read 1001 times)

RoboPoster

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Health Care Lawsuits Are Just Partisan Politics
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:00:04 PM »
Health Care Lawsuits Are Just Partisan Politics

Ann Woolner, Bloomberg
More NewsCommentary by Ann Woolner     Aug. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Virginia Attorney General KenCuccinelli, speaking of a case aimed at stopping nationalhealth-care reform, declared, "This lawsuit is not about healthcare. It's about our freedom."�     He isn't the first to say so. Last month, at a debate amongattorney general candidates in Florida, Republican contenderJeff Kottkamp said of a similar case there, "This lawsuit's notabout health care,"� the St. Petersburg Times reported. "Thislawsuit's about freedom,"�     They are both wrong....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2010/08/04/health_care_lawsuits_are_just_partisan_politics_238982.html

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Health Care Lawsuits Are Just Partisan Politics
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:15:40 AM »
I am astonished that anyone would so lightly scoff at the idea people might truly object to the government requiring people to buy something and punishing them if they don't. I get that Republican politicians are using the issue for politics, but then, so are and have the Democrats. But the author of the article seems to dismiss the very idea that there could be any legitimate concern for freedom in the objections raised. She seems either ignorant or foolish.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 12:22:31 AM »
I am astonished that anyone would so lightly scoff at the idea people might truly object to the government requiring people to buy something and punishing them if they don't. I get that Republican politicians are using the issue for politics, but then, so are and have the Democrats. But the author of the article seems to dismiss the very idea that there could be any legitimate concern for freedom in the objections raised. She seems either ignorant or foolish.

Get used to the fact that many unqualified assholes write all sorts of crap, that, at the end of the day, don't mean squat.  I might as well get a pass, and put press on it, and drive all over the place showing the phony credential pretending to look important but in realty don't know anything about journalism.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
The author has been a journalist for quite a while. i found a reference to one of her stories with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution from the mid 80's.

Your disagreement with her point of view doesn't make her unqualified, it just puts her at odds with your point of view.