Author Topic: Lesbo Confirmed to SC  (Read 6189 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lesbo Confirmed to SC
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:24:59 PM »
FYI, Kagen is a lesbian.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Lesbo Confirmed to SC
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 02:33:32 AM »
That's great, one more powerful defender of America's oppressed GBLT population.  Now the high school Gay-Straight Alliances will have additional reserve strength to fight off any right-wing challenges to their efforts to beat down homophobia and gay-bashing.  The thugs that beat Matthew Sheppard to death must be vomiting in their jail cell toilets right now.  Tough shit.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 03:10:50 AM »
She is still in the closet, if she is in fact, gay.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:43:13 AM »
Who should be asking this?

Who should be telling?

The Supreme couort should not benefit from a "don't ask , don't tell " policy as our military does?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 09:30:36 AM »
<<Who should be asking this?>>

Everyone.  Particularly the GLBT community, which needs all the role models it can get.   Any citizen interested in how the Court might treat legislated homophobia such as the so-called "defence of marriage" initiatives, including Constitutional amendments aimed at permanent stigmatization.  Liberals who want to know where and how far they can expect gains won in the "sexual revolution" to remain in existence against conservative Christian activism.  I'd like to know if she's gay and also if she's covering it up, just as I'd like to know if any candidate is racist and/or anti-Semitic, either openly or covertly.  How can it hurt to know more about any candidate for any high public office?  In the U.S. particularly, these folks are being entrusted with your lives.

<<Who should be telling?>>

Any candidate if asked. 

<<The Supreme couort should not benefit from a "don't ask , don't tell " policy as our military does?>>

Your military doesn't benefit from "Don't ask, don't tell."  That was  compromise with an organization composed of brutal thugs whose mores don't match those of the general American public.  A compromise that was in effect a victory for the thugs.  The values of a liberal society should have been dictated to the military from the top down, with the strictest discipline up to and including capital punishment applied liberally to all violators from the actual perpetrators of homophobic violence, to the cheerleaders egging them on, to the officers in the chain of command on whose watch it was allowed to happen.  The so-called "problem" would have vanished overnight after a few well-publicized series of executions.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 11:05:17 AM »
Why should there NOT be a gay person in the Supreme Court?

I agree that "don't ask, don't tell" was a compromise to shut up the rightwingers in the officer corps and in the government who would rather liked the idea of stomping the crap out of gays and ignoring lesbians altogether.

I imagine that a ten-year sentence would be an adequate deterrent to gay bashing. I really don't think executions are necessary, especially if murder is not the offense.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 01:22:31 PM »
Rumors just rumors

no problem with a gay SC Justice, too bad she isn't a Conservative is all.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 02:49:52 PM »
The values of a liberal society should have been dictated to the military from the top down, with the strictest discipline up to and including capital punishment applied liberally to all violators from the actual perpetrators of homophobic violence, to the cheerleaders egging them on, to the officers in the chain of command on whose watch it was allowed to happen.  The so-called "problem" would have vanished overnight after a few well-publicized series of executions.

Kinda like how Stalin handled it?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 08:55:20 PM »
Yeah, kinda like Stalin.

Brutal anti-social behaviour cannot and should not be tolerated.  Whether or not murder was committed is beside the point.  If you want to ban the behaviour, execute the offender. Remove them from the fucking planet.  They won't be around to commit any more offences, or to encourage others to emulate them. 

I guarantee you, that is one lesson that wouldn't be lost on anyone.  Overnight, you would have changed military behaviour once and for all.  But the will to do so just isn't there.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 09:03:02 PM »
Brutal anti-social behaviour cannot and should not be tolerated.

Having same sex sexual preferences is now brutal anti-social behavior?

Do you agree with Stalin's handling of homosexuality in the Soviet Union 9 which was a reversal of Lenin's policy) or are you just excusing it?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 09:22:31 PM »

<<The Supreme couort should not benefit from a "don't ask , don't tell " policy as our military does?>>

Your military doesn't benefit from "Don't ask, don't tell."  That was  compromise with an organization composed of brutal thugs whose mores don't match those of the general American public.  A compromise that was in effect a victory for the thugs. 

The Mores of the American public matter ?

Hey ,lets hold a referendum. You  know thise things that they do in California to shock Liberals into the realisation that they arn't the norm.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 11:25:15 PM »
In 1960, segregation was the norm, along with the opinion hat Blacks were an inferior species. If they had held a referendum on segregation, anti-miscegenation laws and such, these would have won in he South for sure as well as a number of other places. If marriage is a basic right, then neither the state nor any referendum should be able to tell people whom they can marry.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 01:41:35 AM »
<<Having same sex sexual preferences is now brutal anti-social behavior?>>

Homophobic violence (gay-bashing) is brutal anti-social behaviour.  What you are talking about, I have no idea.

<<Do you agree with Stalin's handling of homosexuality in the Soviet Union 9 which was a reversal of Lenin's policy) or are you just excusing it?>>

Persecution of anyone for any sexual preference that does not harm other individuals is wrong, and I don't give a shit if the person doing the persecuting is Lenin, Stalin, Fidel Castro or Jesus Christ, it is still wrong.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 01:47:39 AM »
In 1960, segregation was the norm, along with the opinion hat Blacks were an inferior species. If they had held a referendum on segregation, anti-miscegenation laws and such, these would have won in he South for sure as well as a number of other places. If marriage is a basic right, then neither the state nor any referendum should be able to tell people whom they can marry.

When did marrage become a right that cannot be regulated?

I have an enumerated right protected specificily in the constitution to worship as I please , speak as I like and bear arms without impediment.

......But the state and federal authority have conspired to restrict my worship by human sacrifice , require maximum limits on Magazine and minimum calibers on my hunting equipment and I have to refrain from threatening the physical health of the president .

Why indeed must the State forbid that I marry my mother , she is an adult and I am too, after homosexual marrage I suppose I could also try marrying my son.
Why does the state have an intrest in the number of women I marry ?

And of course why is there any intrest for the state to restrict what species I wed?

It isn't hard to imagine a Polyandrus society as was often written of in the fiction of Heinlein "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" , "Stranger in a Strange Land" etc.

Summing this up , I think it is easy to prove that the right of marrage is a right that the state can limit and until quite recently limited to one of each sex with no controversy. Removeing from the state the right to limit "marrage " to opposite sex couples really does open the door for complaints by even smaler minoritys who are discriminated against by anti beastiality , anti incest and ageist laws which serve what state intrest?

There is no real injury to correct , this is a fad that will cause its damage and blow over.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 01:49:35 AM »
<<Having same sex sexual preferences is now brutal anti-social behavior?>>

Homophobic violence (gay-bashing) is brutal anti-social behaviour.  What you are talking about, I have no idea.

<<Do you agree with Stalin's handling of homosexuality in the Soviet Union 9 which was a reversal of Lenin's policy) or are you just excusing it?>>

Persecution of anyone for any sexual preference that does not harm other individuals is wrong, and I don't give a shit if the person doing the persecuting is Lenin, Stalin, Fidel Castro or Jesus Christ, it is still wrong.

For Stalin and Fidel wouldn't the arguement be that the sexual preference was harmfull to their societys?

Not individuals .