Author Topic: Survey: Who Would Be Best Suited to Lead Us Now?  (Read 12733 times)

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Survey: Who Would Be Best Suited to Lead Us Now?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 07:43:53 PM »
As far as a woman president, Olympia Snowe would be far better than Hillary.

Olympia Snowe is a miserable c$nt. At least Hillary is a real Democrat. Why elect a RINO when you can get the real deal?
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2006, 07:52:44 PM »
Well, if you can show me the source for your claim about the $40 million that would be a start.

She had only token opposition, but Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) still spent more on her re-election -- upward of $30 million -- than any other candidate for Senate this year.

What had been one of the most formidable war chests in politics was depleted to a level that leaves Mrs. Clinton with little financial advantage over her potential rivals for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination -- and perhaps even trailing some of them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/21/us/politics/21donate.html

-----------------------

Why did she need to burn $40 million to run for a safe seat?

If I were a Dem, I'd support Obama.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2006, 07:55:39 PM »
Olympia Snowe is a miserable c$nt. At least Hillary is a real Democrat. Why elect a RINO when you can get the real deal?

Snowe would beat any Democrat out there, in my opinion.

I'd like to see a qualifed woman run for president. If not Condi, why not Olympia Snowe?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2006, 08:20:53 PM »
Snowe would beat any Democrat out there, in my opinion.

I'd like to see a qualifed woman run for president. If not Condi, why not Olympia Snowe?

=============================================================
If not the most unsuccessful National Security head in US history, let's go with an unknown senator from a tiny state, hunh?

Giulani would be the best possible GOP candidate, but he has no change of getting the nomination.

Obama would either be successful or turn out like Ferraro: a noble try that queered the nomination of women for decades.

I am not saying that he would not be a competent president. I am wondering whether he could be elected.

There are thousands of people in this country that could be very good presidents: we do have 300,000,000 people, after all.
But we still ended up with disasters like Juniorbush and Dick "Elmerfudd" Cheney. The system is deeply flawed.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2006, 10:18:22 PM »
let's go with an unknown senator from a tiny state, hunh?

Sure. Snowe is very qualified to be president. She should throw her hat in the ring. She is very popular in her state, which is Democrat. She has a 79% approval rating, and won her last election with 74% of the vote in a bad Republican year.

Bill Clinton was an unknown governor from a tiny state.

Snowe is a consensus builder and a moderate. Hillary is a shrill partisan.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 12:35:35 AM »
Snowe is a consensus builder and a moderate. Hillary is a shrill partisan.

Hillary has been a target of Limbaugh for a decade now. I don't find her shrill at all. I would prefer Kucinich and Al Gore to Hillary, personally, simply because of the high negatives the ratwing ranters have given Hillary, which would make it harder for her to win.

The main idea is for someone as un-Juniorbushy to triumph.

I recall Juniorbush saying "I am a uniter, not a divider", so pardon me while I doubt anyone who claims to be a consensus builder.

I am fine with Olympia entering the fray. I would not mind if Condi did as well. But I have this feeling that more of the really bad crap that Juniorbush did would continue to occur more of a Republican were elected than a Democrat.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 12:53:54 AM »
If not Condi, why not Olympia Snowe?

Read the link that was attached to my post. I'd say that's a pretty damn good reason why not Olympia Snowe.

In case you missed it, here it is again: http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial/feature.html?id=110009338
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 02:48:47 AM »
Hillary has been a target of Limbaugh for a decade now. I don't find her shrill at all. I would prefer Kucinich and Al Gore to Hillary, personally, simply because of the high negatives the ratwing ranters have given Hillary, which would make it harder for her to win.

She also has high negatives with independents, which would make it hard for her to win.

The main idea is for someone as un-Juniorbushy to triumph.

That would be Obama, who is smooth as silk.

I recall Juniorbush saying "I am a uniter, not a divider", so pardon me while I doubt anyone who claims to be a consensus builder.

Bush did have a 90% approval rating at one point, so he was successful in uniting the country to a degree. The Dems have to take responsibility for what they did to help create the poisonous atmosphere in Washington. Calling him a liar and every other name is not helpful.

Snowe has been named one of the top ten senators by Time magazine for her consensus building. She has a good record. And a high approval rating in a state that leans Dem. She would give Hillary or whoever is the Dem candidate a run for the money in areas where they were traditionally strong. I think Snowe would be a quality candidate.

I am fine with Olympia entering the fray. I would not mind if Condi did as well. But I have this feeling that more of the really bad crap that Juniorbush did would continue to occur more of a Republican were elected than a Democrat.

You should look at each candidate on the merits, and not by party label. I'm going to look for the best candidate to lead the war on terror and continue Bush's legacy to shake up the middle east by promoting democracy. At the moment, it appears to be Rudy Giuliani. I know you think he can't win because he's bald and too ethnic. But that's why they have campaigns.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 02:56:51 AM »
Read the link that was attached to my post. I'd say that's a pretty damn good reason why not Olympia Snowe.

Because she wrote a letter? That's pretty silly. The fact is she is right on some issues, and there are others that I disagree with her. It's impossible to agree with a candidate on every issue. But she's intelligent, moderate, and somebody who can get a job done by working with the other side. No Dem offers what she does in terms of being able to put partisan bickering aside and working together for a common purpose.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 03:05:42 AM »
My furnace guy, with the 3 kids, the mullet and the Nascar jacket, wants Hillary to run. 
I tell him she's not far left enough for me.  He doesn't hear me right and says, "She's smart. Women can be good presidents, you know.  She's worked real hard for her state and she's getting re-elected, they like her."

So do people I talk to at the grocery store, Wal-Mart, gas station. People who want health care and can't afford it, people who used to have good jobs.
   Amazing thing.  I just shut up and listened. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2006, 03:21:12 AM »
He doesn't hear me right and says, "She's smart. Women can be good presidents, you know. She's worked real hard for her state and she's getting re-elected, they like her."

I would note that Olympia Snowe got a higher percentage of the vote in her state which leans Dem, than Hillary did.

But Hillary has some good points. I like her support for the Iraq war and her refusal to call her vote for that war a mistake. I like her support of the Patriot Act and other measures that have helped to keep this country safer, in my opinion. I like her idea to make illegal the burning of the American flag. The burning of the flag is just like yelling fire in a crowded theater.

But like Onassis said, Hillary's negatives are awfully high. And there are Dems out there who are just better candidates, like Al Gore and Obama.

But I agree, Republicans should address issues like healthcare and lower paying jobs, although the unemployment rate right now is pretty low. There are conservative solutions to these issues.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2006, 08:44:52 AM »
But Hillary has some good points. I like her support for the Iraq war and her refusal to call her vote for that war a mistake. I like her support of the Patriot Act and other measures that have helped to keep this country safer, in my opinion. I like her idea to make illegal the burning of the American flag. The burning of the flag is just like yelling fire in a crowded theater.

All these are negatives for me. Authorizing an ignorant banana like Juniorbush to start the disastrous and unnecessary Iraqwar was a collossal mistake, the Patriot Act sux donkeyhonks, and flags are symbols, and I have yet to hear of anyone even getting a serious hangnail because of the exceedingly infrequent flag burnings in the US.

But like Onassis said, Hillary's negatives are awfully high. And there are Dems out there who are just better candidates, like Al Gore and Obama.

But I agree, Republicans should address issues like healthcare and lower paying jobs, although the unemployment rate right now is pretty low.

Tha emp[loyment rate has zip to do with the healthcare problem. Lower paying jobs are held by people whose rent has doubled and tripled here in Miami, and the asshole RTepublicans have done NOTHING, proposed NOTHING, stonewalled EVERYTHING, and can be counted on to continue doing exactly as they have done in the past.

There are conservative solutions to these issues.

LIke what? Name one. Gimme a break. All the GOP can offer is gay-bashing, warmongering, corruption and influence-peddling. They are as useless as the t*ts on a bull.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2006, 09:01:26 AM »

Bush did have a 90% approval rating at one point, so he was successful in uniting the country to a degree. The Dems have to take responsibility for what they did to help create the poisonous atmosphere in Washington. Calling him a liar and every other name is not helpful.

I disagree: there are those so stupid as not to realize what a liar and fool Juniorbush is. They need to be reminded. It's like a Coke commercial. Repetition is effective.

He never NEVER has had even a mote of support from me. When he was elected, he seemed to be an ignorant corporate dweeb, but after he began trying to destroy social security, mongered a useless war based on lies, and allowed the worst civilian attack in history to occur, he evolved into  the ignorant, destructive, dangerous incompetent dweeb and the worst president since Jefferson Davis.

It is his lying, his warmongering and his incompetence that has caused the Democrats and the people to despise him.

He is the worst divider and the poorest uniter that this unfortunate country has ever had.

It is not me who decides whether Giulani gets the nomination. In 2000, McCain was clearly the better candidate, and they gave us Juniorbush. The GOP are an assortment of fools puppeteered by a few plutocrats who will not allow Giulani anywhere near the nomination. No one but they could have made a hateful evil genius like Cheney VP or allowed a foul manipulator like Karl Rove into the government of our country.

Wait and see: Giulani will fall by the wayside. I am hearing a vague rustling sound coming from Jebbiebush as he prepares to leave the governorship. Will Jebbie rise to the occasion?

Just when you thought we were out of Bushes, another is sure to arise, phalluslike from the swamp.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2006, 12:41:23 PM »
 <<i would have to go with Hillary. She is the Bobby to Bill's Jack. >>

Funny, I would have pegged her as Kerry to McCain's Dubya.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »
Funny, I would have pegged her as Kerry to McCain's Dubya.

Feel free to do your own comparisons.