Author Topic: Al Qaeda in Iraq "Pretty Much Intact" - U.S. General  (Read 2851 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Al Qaeda in Iraq "Pretty Much Intact" - U.S. General
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:47:37 AM »
http://news.antiwar.com/2010/08/10/us-general-al-qaeda-in-iraq-pretty-much-intact/

Nine years after the invasion, al Qaeda in Iraq is still pretty much intact, says U.S. General Patrick Higgins.  So, uh, all those stories, "We killed the No. 2 guy, we got the no. 3 guy's right-hand man, we got their bomb-making mastermind, we got their financial mastermind, we got their strategic mastermind and his mastermind, and the mastermind's mastermind, blah blah blah . . . "

Kinda makes ya wonder, eh?

LMFAO.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Al Qaeda in Iraq "Pretty Much Intact" - U.S. General
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:56:55 AM »
Can someone get hold of the liberal/anti-war dictionary to find how they define "pretty much" as compared to this reality?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 01:39:08 PM »
It didn't take Obama long to wreck things in Iraq. Like I keep saying everything he touches turns to shit.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 07:32:30 PM »
<<It didn't take Obama long to wreck things in Iraq. Like I keep saying everything he touches turns to shit.>>

I'm afraid that what you see unfolding in Iraq was inevitable.  Would have happened on either party's watch.  Once Bush decided to lie America into a war of unprovoked aggression, the die was cast.  This thing will end very badly for America, as indeed it should.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:00:23 PM »
<<It didn't take Obama long to wreck things in Iraq. Like I keep saying everything he touches turns to shit.>>

Once Bush decided to lie America into a war of unprovoked aggression, the die was cast. 

Speaking of less-than-truthful
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 08:19:51 PM »

I'm afraid that what you see unfolding in Iraq was inevitable.  Would have happened on either party's watch.  Once Bush decided to lie America into a war of unprovoked aggression, the die was cast.  This thing will end very badly for America, as indeed it should.

Reading between those lines I see some disguised racism on your part Mikey. So are Arabs/Mulslims/Sunni's incapable of peace and democracy? Are they a bunch of war mongering, barbaric, 3rd world peoples that don't believe in peace? OK I get it.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »
Reading between those lines I see some disguised racism on your part Mikey.
So are Arabs/Mulslims/Sunni's incapable of peace and democracy?

I am not sure Michael is racist on purpose on this particuar issue
(he may be unknowingly)
but Kramer I do agree that there is some racism on the part of the
Left that don't seem to think Arabs and other some other races are
capable of democratic government. It goes along with the Leftist
thoughts that Blacks here in the US can not succeed without the
Gvt welfare pimps holding their hand.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:21:01 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 08:45:48 PM »
yes liberals (the Democrat Party) are racists simply because they target minorities. They tell these people that they are worthless without the Democrat Party. They need the party for school lunches, health care, welfare, food stamps, housing and so on. How is it not racist to use minorities? How is it not racist when you single out minorities and treat them as thought they are worthless? It's racist to tell poor, uneducated minorities that they can't make it without the Democrat Party. Targeting minorities treats them different than other people, which is racist.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:59:05 PM »
<<Reading between those lines I see some disguised racism on your part Mikey.>>

Hilarious.  Now I'm a racist.   

<<So are Arabs/Mulslims/Sunni's incapable of peace and democracy? >>

You tell me.  For myself, I have never argued that Arabs, Muslims and/or Muslims are incapable of peace.  As a matter of fact, the only people that I know for a fact are incapable of peace are the Americans, because they are always at war with somebody somewhere on the face of the earth, and they are always making up outrageous lies (like the Gulf of Tonkin incident and the Iraq WMD) to justify the wars they start.  And, no, I never argued that Arabs, Muslims or Sunnis are incapable of peace, they are simply the victims of American aggression.

Are they "incapable of democracy" whatever that means?  They sure as hell don't seem to WANT democracy, that is for God-damn sure.  Why do you think it's racist to believe that they don't want what you want?  Don't they have the right to choose their own form of government without an invading army of Americans to force it down their throats at gunpoint?

Clearly YOU are the racist - - you don't believe that they can choose how to govern themselves without an American army to force American solutions on them.   They clearly don't have the right to resolve their own problems their own way because they are not fully human in the same way Americans are.  That's why Americans have the right to change their government by force, but they don't have the right to change America's government by force.  How obvious can it be that it is YOU who are the racist in this discussion?

<<   Are they a bunch of war mongering, barbaric, 3rd world peoples that don't believe in peace?>>

Huhnhhh???  Did I wake up on some other planet or what?  Who invaded whom?  Is it the Muslims who invaded America to force change of government on them by war and violence, or was it the Americans who invaded the Muslims for that purpose?  Far as I can see, my friend, it is America that is a "bunch of war mongering barbaric . . . peoples that don't believe in peace," a fact which is clearly demonstrated in recent history.  Only in your overheated and bizarre  imagination is it the Muslims who are warlike and barbaric - - in the real world, that description best fits your own country.

<< OK I get it.>>

You sure?  Because I have to tell you, your version of world history seems pretty wacky and off-kilter.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 11:22:18 PM »
Western powers would not have invaded Iraq had Saddam not bragged about using WMD, gave shelter to terrorists, or threatened us. It's that simple.

Iran going to get a ass whooping soon. We can't let little dictators dictate to us how things are going to be. This fact has nothing to do with race or religion.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
<<Western powers would not have invaded Iraq had Saddam not bragged about using WMD, gave shelter to terrorists, or threatened us. It's that simple.>>

Absurd.  The U.S. brags about having the world's biggest nuclear arsenal, is the only nation on earth ever to have used nukes on others, gave shelter to plenty of terrorists, including Luis Posada Carriles who blew a Venezuelan airliner out of the skies killing dozens of innocent passengers.  Iraq and all 23 million of its people threatened you?  When?  How?  Show me.  They NEVER threatened you, and even if they had, any threat from them would have been absurd.

<<Iran going to get a ass whooping soon. We can't let little dictators dictate to us how things are going to be. This fact has nothing to do with race or religion.>>

???  Huh?  Earth to Kramer.  Earth to Kramer.  Please tell us how and when Iran's leaders "dictated to you"  how things were going to be?  What did they ever dictate to you, and if they did dictate to you, what forces you to follow their dictates? 

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 12:05:38 AM »
<<Western powers would not have invaded Iraq had Saddam not bragged about using WMD, gave shelter to terrorists, or threatened us. It's that simple.>>

Iraq and all 23 million of its people threatened you?  When?  How?  Show me.  They NEVER threatened you, and even if they had, any threat from them would have been absurd.

Earth to Tee.....Considering they (Iraq) never did threaten Kramer, or Bt, or myself, or the U.S. mainland, gonna be hard to find something that never existed in the 1st place

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2010, 12:58:36 AM »
<<Reading between those lines I see some disguised racism on your part Mikey.>>

Hilarious.  Now I'm a racist.   

Hey , you do know the code better than anyone elese.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 08:58:47 AM »
So the British cryptographers who cracked the Enigma codes during WWII  were Nazis?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 10:10:23 AM »
So the British cryptographers who cracked the Enigma codes during WWII  were Nazis?

You mean the POLISH mathematicians who cracked the code? Yeah, I think you said that Russians killing Poles during the war was OK because they were mostly anti-Semitic anyway?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)