Author Topic: it`s better than nothing  (Read 2442 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
it`s better than nothing
« on: December 04, 2006, 04:53:37 PM »
untill people actually define whats marraige is.
alternatives should be provided.
just saying it`s sacred without the details is prettyy much why it`s not lasting.
notice nobody even talks about do couples like each other.
if they grow apart what can be done to help
note that reese whitherspoon aggressively tried to keep her marraige intact and still failed.
we live with a fantasy concept of relationships without even trying to make it work in reality.
we totally are in denial that alot of people are married to people they don`t care for.
and never  even think what it would be like to live with that person for life.
and it doesn`t have to be hate just lack of affection of any kind.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: it`s better than nothing
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 05:50:38 PM »
I think marriage is pretty well defined. The problem these days is that the roles women play in society are changing, and women are becoming more empowered. This means that many more women refuse to accept the role of follower and leave the decisions up to the men. Advertisers do their very best to profit from the differences between the sexes, by giving easy credit to women, stressing that products be sex-related (men's and women's deodorant, soap, home decorator accessories, cars, even trucks. Everyone is told that they can ans should afford the very best and most expensive products.

There is a sexual magnetism that takes place between a man and woman when they first meet. This rarely lasts longer than three or four years, and almost never past the birth of two children. After that, either the children provide a lasting bond, or they don't. When the children move out, another strong force to separate can occur. It is not normal for a majority of human couples to be attracted to one another for life, no matter what the churches say to the contrary. If they are it is wonderful, but it is also rare. Guilt and social pressures are a major force holding many American couples together. In small towns and established neighborhoods these forces are greatest, and in bedroom communities like suburban Las Vegas they are weakest.

Most of the forces that unite straight couples have the same functions among gay couples, it seems to me.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 09:03:49 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006, 09:17:33 PM »
I doubt that hetero couples that opted for this would be likely to choose marriage.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 09:36:41 PM »
but is that a good or bad thing?

it is stated marraige should not be entered lightly.
maybe the problem is that too many people are getting married not that there are too many divorces.
remember a very large percent of people who get married has no idea what is involved.
I know several people who thought it was  eternal dating.
big dissapointment that they are not wining and dining every night.
and the financial side is a shocker.
many don`t understand you need to work overtime to get the good appartment.
family is no help,all they do is say do your duty for the family.
I think family is one of the major reasons for debt nowadays.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 12:27:47 AM »
It is neither a good or a bad thing.

I fail to see a problem with allowing everyone to declare that they are domestic partners, so as to be eligible for workplace insurance benefits, being as our government will not enact universal health care.

I can agree that family is a major reason for debt.
When real estate scammers try to sell time-share condos and crap of that sort, they only give special goodies if both the husband and the wife show up for the presentation. They ask the husband in the presence of the wife "doesn't this beautiful lady 'deserve' a wonderful time-share vacation?"

This is a question that is hard to answer in the negative. Many wives could not bear to hear hubby say she didn't 'deserve' anything, particularly from someone who called her beautiful.

I recall that I was cajoled into hearing one of these sales pitches, because I was promised a free dinner for two coupon if we listened to the spiel. About halfway through I said that a time-share condo in Orlando made no sense to me, because Orlando has fewer things we enjoyed doing than Miami, such as go to the beach. Rather than continue the spiel, the salesman got up and started to walk away and refused to give us the freebie coupon.

I never promised to prefer Orlando.

The concept of "no obligation' apparently was not well understood by the salesman.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 01:50:56 PM »
timeshare!!??!!

those folks are ruthless
A friend of mine treated me to a vegas vaction in his timeshare.
when we arrived the clerk offered us a freebie to a healthspa.
all I have to do was listened to some reps to get the tickets.
2 freakin hours with 3 sales reps it took
that was no freebie
I earned that spa
timeshares are fun,but it cost money and soul crushing boredom from sales reps.