Author Topic: Whiner  (Read 15914 times)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Whiner
« on: December 06, 2006, 05:56:18 PM »
Jack Kingston: Lazy-Assed Whiner

by Steve Soto

So Steny Hoyer tells the House that they should be ready to work five days a week in the 110th Congress, soon to be under Democratic control. And the first thing out of Georgia GOP representative Jack Kingston’s mouth is a whine about how tough this is on congressional families:

"Keeping us up here eats away at families," said Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), who typically flies home on Thursdays and returns to Washington on Tuesdays. "Marriages suffer. The Democrats could care less about families -- that's what this says."

Hey smiling Jack, do you really want to talk about which party could care less about families? You voted to send thousands of Americans to a debacle in Iraq, and you vote to keep them there. I have no sympathy at all for you, when your war has just ruined Christmas for another ten families, who will never see their loved ones again. And you’re complaining about working five days a week, when you can’t even get the budget done on time, let along accomplish anything of substance these last two years?

Jack Kingston, you and Lindsey Graham should drag your sorry asses to Iraq and see real hardship and family sacrifice. You can empathize with Jack for his weekly two-hour taxpayer-paid plane rides to and from Georgia here.

http://www.theleftcoaster.com/archives/009364.php
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Whiner
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 06:14:49 PM »
uhm
losing family time because of work???
he is a whiner.
most WORKING people does this.
big whoop

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »
most WORKING people does this.

Most working people don't work in another state. Most working people see their families most nights in addition to weekends.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
Most working people don't work in another state. Most working people see their families most nights in addition to weekends.

true
but quite alot do work out of state /country and only see their family 2/3 weeks a year
my dad did that
to get any serious income sometime working abroad is the only option.
unless paying for a roof over their head is not important for a family

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »
That Kingston guy is one who voted against the minimum wage increase several  times.  So it doesn't matter to him  if other people have to work 2 and 3 jobs, cutting into their family time.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 09:25:57 PM »
This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer.
Will Rogers

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 11:25:01 PM »
My own opinion is that a representative earns enough to live within commuting distance of the capital. We pay these geek big bucks to do their jobs.
As Superchicken used to say to his sidekick Fred the Lion, "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!"

He wasn't elected to do his job for a three day week part of the year gig. I'd throw the silly sumbitch out if he were my congressman.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 11:33:08 PM »
My own opinion is that a representative earns enough to live within commuting distance of the capital.

Reps are paid $165,200 per year currently. The DC area is one of the most expensive housing markets in the US. Also, a rep would be required to maintain a household in his district as well, if he wants to be re-elected (not having a household in the district he represents would make him invalid to represent that district in future elections).
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 12:30:48 AM »
Surely this info didn't come as a big surprise?  What did he think, this was some sinecure he could put in an easy 2 and a half, 3 days a week at plus free health care plus huge pension etc.etc.etc. all on the taxpayer's dollar?  Alert Lou Dobbs. He gets mad about FEMA ripoffs.  I get mad about this.   
Our new governor roomed with someone, so do a lot of lawmakers.   

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 07:50:34 AM »
Time spent in the home district is time spent providing constituent services and translating and helping to navigate laws on the books. Apparently Kingston thinks the dems believe the service end of the equation is overrated.

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 09:41:07 AM »
Time spent in the home district is time spent providing constituent services and translating and helping to navigate laws on the books.

Isn't that work mostly provided by staff? Notice that Jack Kingston never makes that argument Bt (at least according to the initial post). He only makes the argument that he will be away from his family (which may or may not be valid), but not once does he say that he will not be able to provide his constituents with proper services.

Ami is correct though, Washington DC is an unbelievably expensive housing market. Then again, imagine being a government employee and making $36,000 a year and having a family. Do they have a choice on leaving their family in Georgia or North Carolina?

The United Kingdom helps their civil servants purchase homes in one of the world's most expensive cities (among other benefits). Somehow I don't feel sorry for Kingston and his six-digit salary.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 10:00:35 AM »
Reps are paid $165,200 per year currently. The DC area is one of the most expensive housing markets in the US. Also, a rep would be required to maintain a household in his district as well, if he wants to be re-elected (not having a household in the district he represents would make him invalid to represent that district in future elections).

==================================================
I am pretty sure that he could afford to rent a home in DC. I bet he isn't actually sleeping in his office now. As for his district office, he only needs to have a small (as in rented apartment, possibly a mobile home) residence.

In the early 70's, I once taught in the MD suburbs of Washington, in Charles County. Houses in Waldorf were very expensive. I sublet half a duplex belonging to a squeaky-voiced real estate tycoon named William Zantzinger, who had killed a Black barmaid with a cane in a fit of drunken rage and been freed with minimal jail time. Bob Dylan actually wrote a song about it. When Zantzinger heard I was subletting his dingy duplex, he cancelled the lease of the woman he had originally rented it to, named Nancy Shimansky, who was a single parent who had moved in with her mother, and told me the rent was now three times what I had been paying.

Hell, I was a schoolteacher at the HS in Waldorf. I couldn't his rent, so I moved 35 miles down the road into the top half of a farmhouse on a tobacco farm owned by Pauline Bolin, for $150 a month including utilities. She gave us all the kale we could eat. Actually MORE kale than anyone could eat. It seems that they grew kale to revitalize the soil before replanting the field in tobacco. This representive could cut his expenses a lot by learning to eat more kale.

One piece of bacon and a little balsamic vinegar helps a lot towards making kale edible. Not delicious, but edible.

I am not going to feel sorry for some guyy who can't make it on $165,000 per year.
All I can offer this whining sod is a line from the Mary Tyler Moore Show "You can make it if you try!"

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 01:42:06 PM »
Notice that Jack Kingston never makes that argument Bt

Kingston doesn't need to make the argument for it to be valid. And when i have a constituency issue i speak directly to my rep, being an elected official helps. His staff is for followup grunt work.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 01:55:57 PM »
How many Americans spend a lot of hours on the road away from their families?  This guy should be shot.  Especially if he voted in support of the war.  Soldiers' families are being eaten away at constantly and i bet there aren't very many of them that make nearly as much as this fuck.

Anybody defending this guy is merely a contrarian or GOP stooge.  Stoyer didn't say they'd NEVER go home or that it was an open-ended Congress like the soldiers who have absolutely NO idea when they'll get to go home and have been told OVER AND OVER AGAIN that they were going home and gotten their deployment extended.

This guy is a shitheel who is out of touch with Americans.  He should resign and go home to his family permenantly.  The fucking unmitigate gall of this piece of shit.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 02:44:44 PM »
Check out Whiney's vote on the Iraq timetable.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/k000220/key-votes/

6/16/06 Vote 288: H RES 861: This vote pledged support for the War in Iraq and rejected a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S. troops. Yes

Guess he hates the families of the soldiers.