Author Topic: Parties amassed debt in election effort  (Read 1600 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Parties amassed debt in election effort
« on: December 06, 2006, 08:23:13 PM »
Wednesday, December 06, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Both political parties assumed millions of dollar in debts in the waning days of the congressional campaign as the election intensified and the prospects of a power shift became more apparent.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is trying to pay off a $10 million debt and the National Republican Senatorial Campaign is more than $1 million in the red. Other party committees also were expected to report various levels of debt in documents to be filed Thursday with the Federal Election Commission.

It's not unusual for parties to end an election cycle in debt -- in 2004, the DCCC and the NRSC finished the year in a deficit. But the spending by the political parties in this election was a record for a midterm election, a testament to the number of competitive contests and the political power struggle at stake.

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

yellow_crane

Re: Parties amassed debt in election effort
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 08:35:37 PM »
This is not a reply to the topic, but a question:

I cannot find where you start a new topic, can anyone tell me?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 08:46:31 PM »
See where it says
3DHS
General Category
  3DHS (moderators JS, chickencounter, Plane)  <-------click on that one.  Then look at the new page it brings up, it's over on the right side.

I'm really glad I am not the only person who had to ask this!
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

yellow_crane

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 08:58:30 PM »
Well there you are.

I really appreciate it. 

My cerebrum is old school wired.  Let 'em cackle.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
Wednesday, December 06, 2006

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Both political parties assumed millions of dollar in debts in the waning days of the congressional campaign as the election intensified and the prospects of a power shift became more apparent.

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee is trying to pay off a $10 million debt and the National Republican Senatorial Campaign is more than $1 million in the red. Other party committees also were expected to report various levels of debt in documents to be filed Thursday with the Federal Election Commission.

It's not unusual for parties to end an election cycle in debt -- in 2004, the DCCC and the NRSC finished the year in a deficit. But the spending by the political parties in this election was a record for a midterm election, a testament to the number of competitive contests and the political power struggle at stake.

Article

The more you read and observe about this Politics thing, you got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.
Will Rogers