Author Topic: Why doesn't Bush get credit for the strong economy?  (Read 5356 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why doesn't Bush get credit for the strong economy?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 02:08:55 AM »
Perhaps I am wrong but I think History shows that failure can lead to widespread poverty , and this can happen fast.  Widespread prosperity requires a long period of of successes.

And even with those "periods of successes" there were still those who were poor.  There will always be poor.  The best we can do is to help those who we can, and who really do need it.  That's the point I'm simply making.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 06:27:53 AM »
Too many people give Krugman too much credit for knowing what he is talking about.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 06:54:16 AM »
Too many people give Krugman too much credit for knowing what he is talking about.

How about Sowell?
http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell120506.php3

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 08:13:12 AM »

How about Sowell?

He's generally better. Why do you ask?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--