Author Topic: All the outrage over one guy in a 50 person church burning a few Korans...but  (Read 5045 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
All the outrage over one guy in a 50 person church burning a few Korans...
but where is the outrage over Muslims doing crap like shown in the video below?

Tell me...which is worse...buring a few Korans or burning humans?

(WARNING: Video is VERY GRAPHIC)
http://notalemming.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/the-violence-of-islam-and-sharia-law-welcome-the-ground-zero-mosque/

Ramadan 2010 Scorecard
  Day 28

In the name of The Religion of Peace
Terror Attacks  201

In the name of All Other Religions 
Terror Attacks 1

In the name of The Religion of Peace
Dead Bodies - 937

In the name of All Other Religions 
Dead Bodies - 1

ANY QUESTIONS?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Do you think this proposed burning of the Koran is a good idea?

Does the location of the bonfire matter?

The pastor reputedly is a Christian.

Does this action reflect badly on the whole of Christianity?

Do you think that this proposed action makes the troops job in Afghanistan and Iraq harder?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
I am really pissed off at this so-called preacher. This man is no more a man of God than Jeremiah Wright. If this man were truly a Christian he would not be doing this stupid, evil, cowardly, hateful act.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
I don't know if it is cowardly. He is willing to break the law in the course of expressing his beliefs.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
I don't know if it is cowardly. He is willing to break the law in the course of expressing his beliefs.

His heart is not that of a Jesus loving person, that is for sure. This burning of the Koran doesn't fit into anything Jesus would promote. In my opinion anyway. I can't imagine listening to a fool like this preach. I guess that's why he has only 50 people attending his services. Seems as if this burning doesn't fit into the requirements for his church to be a non-profit. I know Obama would never revoke his non-profit status because then he would have to remove other hate places like Rev Wrights shit-hole.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Do you think this proposed burning of the Koran is a good idea?"

BT do you think burning humans is a good idea?
and possibly should be higher on the outrage scale?

But to answer your question...I really don't understand what the idea is?
I am assuming it is a show of anger over the wussification concerning Islam.
and btw this story and your type of reaction is another example of that wussification.

But do I think it is a good idea?....No quite honestly I'd rather bomb the enemy
than burn some stupid Koran to piss them off. The hell with burning a Koran...
better like Patton said in the movie I wanna "use the enemy's body to grease the
wheels of our tanks"....destruction of the enemy works...pandering doesn't.

"Does the location of the bonfire matter?"

As far as what?
I don't see what the location really matters...
If it's in Florida, Texas, Iowa, Cali, or Paris...people would still be pissed.
I mean if you're gonna do it...do it at ground zero!

"The pastor reputedly is a Christian.
Does this action reflect badly on the whole of Christianity?"

Oh I dunno...
In my mind...it's like comparing a speeding ticket to a mass murderer.
I doubt the TSA is very concerned.
Yeah all religious groups have nuts...
The problem is no other religious group has nuts blowing up airplanes,
buildings, and people on any where near the scale as Islam.
And to deny that fact or attempt to avoid that truth is WUSSIFICATION.
Reality is what it is..... Islam has a major, major violence problem.

"Do you think that this proposed action makes the
troops job in Afghanistan and Iraq harder?"

Not really....maybe yes...maybe no
it's so inconsequential really as far as the big picture
what actually makes it harder is wussification
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Well you know how Christians are.

They like to burn things, ban things and otherwise tell people how to live their lives.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
Damn Muslims

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:

It's against the law? Is it not akin to burning a flag, which has been declared protected under freedom of speech?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
It is not cowardly, as has been pointed out, he is doing this in public.
It is not illegal, either: you can destroy anything that belongs to you. It might violate laws against open fires, such as those against burning trash inside the city limits.

If burning the national flag is protected free speech, burning a Koran is clearly protected free speech as well.

It is simply a stupid provocation by a stupid and hateful man. None of his church's 50 members seem to agree with it.

The idea that one ideology can triumph over another through silly ritual acts like this one is a fallacious one.

I think someone sent Bibles in Pashtun and maybe some other languages to some soldiers in Afghanistan to be given to the locals, and the US military confiscated and destroyed them, but that was not done publicly and was done to prevent the Afghans getting pissed off at the US military.

The only purpose of this fool doing this is to annoy Muslims. I do not see how he can be arrested or prosecuted, though.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
It is not cowardly, as has been pointed out, he is doing this in public.
It is not illegal, either: you can destroy anything that belongs to you. It might violate laws against open fires, such as those against burning trash inside the city limits.

If burning the national flag is protected free speech, burning a Koran is clearly protected free speech as well.

It is simply a stupid provocation by a stupid and hateful man. None of his church's 50 members seem to agree with it.

The idea that one ideology can triumph over another through silly ritual acts like this one is a fallacious one.

I think someone sent Bibles in Pashtun and maybe some other languages to some soldiers in Afghanistan to be given to the locals, and the US military confiscated and destroyed them, but that was not done publicly and was done to prevent the Afghans getting pissed off at the US military.

The only purpose of this fool doing this is to annoy Muslims. I do not see how he can be arrested or prosecuted, though.

So doing it in the safety of home in the USA isn't cowardly? Let's see him do it in downtown Saudi Arabia then I will say he's not a COWARD!!! Otherwise he's a coward.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
"Do you think this proposed burning of the Koran is a good idea?"

BT do you think burning humans is a good idea?
and possibly should be higher on the outrage scale?

But to answer your question...I really don't understand what the idea is?
I am assuming it is a show of anger over the wussification concerning Islam.
and btw this story and your type of reaction is another example of that wussification.

But do I think it is a good idea?....No quite honestly I'd rather bomb the enemy
than burn some stupid Koran to piss them off. The hell with burning a Koran...
better like Patton said in the movie I wanna "use the enemy's body to grease the
wheels of our tanks"....destruction of the enemy works...pandering doesn't.

"Does the location of the bonfire matter?"

As far as what?
I don't see what the location really matters...
If it's in Florida, Texas, Iowa, Cali, or Paris...people would still be pissed.
I mean if you're gonna do it...do it at ground zero!

"The pastor reputedly is a Christian.
Does this action reflect badly on the whole of Christianity?"

Oh I dunno...
In my mind...it's like comparing a speeding ticket to a mass murderer.
I doubt the TSA is very concerned.
Yeah all religious groups have nuts...
The problem is no other religious group has nuts blowing up airplanes,
buildings, and people on any where near the scale as Islam.
And to deny that fact or attempt to avoid that truth is WUSSIFICATION.
Reality is what it is..... Islam has a major, major violence problem.

"Do you think that this proposed action makes the
troops job in Afghanistan and Iraq harder?"

Not really....maybe yes...maybe no
it's so inconsequential really as far as the big picture
what actually makes it harder is wussification

CU4 wake up and stop being narrow-minded and petty like XO. I know you are bigger than this.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Committing stupid acts is not cowardly. It is just being stupid.

The Saudis do not admit tourists except for Muslim tourists and then only in the Hadj season.
Saudi Arabia is off limits to foreigners other than invited guests. I imagine that George W. or his father could go there anytime they wished.

When Michael Palin did one of his round-the-world trips, the Saudis allowed him 48 hours to cross the country in a taxi without a cameraman. There are some ancient ruins that are worth look, according to a guidebook I have written by an ex-Aramco employee, but you need special permission from someone high up in the government to get a visa. I am pretty sure once someone tells the world that Islam is of the Devil, he is not going to get a visa from any Arabian peninsula country.

It might be brave, but stupid to burn a Koran in Mecca, but it is also impossible for him to go there.

There is no cowardly or brave way to burn a book, just as there is no cowardly way to eat lunch or play ping-pong.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Committing stupid acts is not cowardly. It is just being stupid.

The Saudis do not admit tourists except for Muslim tourists and then only in the Hadj season.
Saudi Arabia is off limits to foreigners other than invited guests. I imagine that George W. or his father could go there anytime they wished.

When Michael Palin did one of his round-the-world trips, the Saudis allowed him 48 hours to cross the country in a taxi without a cameraman. There are some ancient ruins that are worth look, according to a guidebook I have written by an ex-Aramco employee, but you need special permission from someone high up in the government to get a visa. I am pretty sure once someone tells the world that Islam is of the Devil, he is not going to get a visa from any Arabian peninsula country.

It might be brave, but stupid to burn a Koran in Mecca, but it is also impossible for him to go there.

There is no cowardly or brave way to burn a book, just as there is no cowardly way to eat lunch or play ping-pong.

He's a coward because people that do such things are typically insecure. Insecure people tend to be cowards like the Lion on the Wizard of Oz.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
It's against the law? Is it not akin to burning a flag, which has been declared protected under freedom of speech?

Apparently in his locale he needs a permit to build a bonfire, which he was denied.