Author Topic: Where's Mikey?  (Read 6391 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where's Mikey?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 05:34:08 AM »

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »
Now you are moving the bar to 1956. It's just like a Dem to try to move the bar after the game has started. Bill Clinton was fat when first elected. He looked like a blimp in his suit. Plane thinks Nixon was ugly, and you libs have been telling me for years that W. looks like a chimp. So are you now going to say everybody that was elected after 2004 was niether fat, ugly, or bald? Move the bar again after you have been disproven.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 11:41:05 AM »
I was not predicting history, you silly fool.

The issue  arose when one of you reactionaries claimed that Gov Christie of NJ was a favorite presidential candidate. I was pointing out his negatives, which are:

He is virtually unknown.

He is a screamer. Observe how Howard Dean's fortunes plummeted and he was famous for only one scream. By 2012, there will be HOURS of Christie negativism for admen to work with.

He is gaining favor among the right because he is axing programs and reducing benefits; even when this is justified, this rarely produces nearly as much good publicity as bad publicity.
He is fat.

Nixon was not handsome, but he was not as hideously ugly as Phil Gramm of Texas.

You could add short to the list of probably prohibitive qualities.
James Madison, though certainly capable, was a 5'0" pipsqueak. I doubt that he would have a chance at any presidential nomination today.

Again, I am not saying anything about how specific individuals thing. But as a group, voters seem to be rather foolish. We get annoying 30-second negative ads on both sides because admen have found that they deliver the larger number of votes for the least cash outlay and the least expertise in creating them.

Advertising the product has become more important than the results the product produces, and this is true of politicians as well as detergent.

Maxwell House and Folgers are far from being the best coffee, and soft drinks are far less effective at quenching thirst than simple water. Now, admen have a large number of the populace paying 1000 times more for water in a plastic bottle than for tap water, and it is normally no better.

Try to focus on what I am saying rather than attacking me, please.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »

Try to focus on what I am saying rather than attacking me, please.

XO now that was funny.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 12:06:17 PM »
Chris Cristie would be a credible candidate if he ran. He has good approval ratings in a Democrat state.

Any negative comment you make about him is meaningless since you are pretty much provably wrong on everything, such as there has never been a fat, ugly, or bald president. Or presidents elected with funny sounding names.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 08:42:11 PM »
I am tired of carisma.

Even with exceptions noted , XO has a good point abut attractiveness being an advantage . Political planners choose canadates that they think will win , potential canadates self select to avoid wasteing valuable chunks of lifetime, and of course there is a small number of morons who really make up their minds on the basis of trivialitys,these factors stack in such a way as to form a barrier to the unattractive , reguardless of how well endowed the canadate might be with talent and intelligence.

I don't like this , but I have to admit it is true , and the more we split evenly and have verey narrow margins of victory , the more true it will remain because that minority of morons who decide based on the carismatric qualitys becomes more important as they become more like tiebreakers.

I think I would like to vote for Sara Palin , but I would vote much more eagerly for Condelizza Rice, even if it is quite easy to draw a cruel caricature of her.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 02:03:49 AM »
I am sure that Olebush lost some votes because he claimed to not like broccoli,and Carter lost some because of people who hated peanuts. There are all sorts of trivial issues that should not be relevant, but for one reason or another, are relevant to some people. Attractiveness is a way that we all judge people upon first meeting them, and some people retain that vision whatever the person may say or do later.

I think you can have an UNUSUAL name, but if it is hard to spell or hard to pronounce, that is going to lose at least some votes.

When 2012 comes and goes and Christie is not president, I imagine that this point might be easier to make. We sure had a lot of Giulani fans and Fred Thompson fans in this forum.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 09:29:15 PM »
He is a screamer

Can you please provide a source for Governor Christie screaming?
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 11:51:49 PM »
He is a screamer

Can you please provide a source for Governor Christie screaming?

he's a witness, caught hiding under the governors bed.