Author Topic: Hillary goes 0 for 4  (Read 2125 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hillary goes 0 for 4
« on: September 27, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »
I didn't want to post this because I really want Hillary to be the Democrat nominee for president.
But what the hell. Let's have some fun.

In the battleground state of Iowa (which Gore carried in 2000), Hillary loses to 4 Republicans for president.

She loses to Guiliani, Mccain, Romney, and Dr. Frist.

And I bet she'd lose to George Allen as well but he wasn't included in the poll.

Please run, Hillary!

http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060924/NEWS09/609240335/1001/SPORTS05

The_Professor

Re: Hillary goes 0 for 4
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:30:03 PM »
In my opinion, Hillary has some serious negatives and these will prevent her from being elected President. Now, whether she is smart enough to realize this (if I am correct, of course) is another issue.

For example, my wife remembers the statement she made years ago that was demeaning to stay-at-home moms. Those statements, fortunately or unfortunaely, are remembered for quite some time.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:07:52 PM »
    Do you beleive that the "cookie baking" remark will cost her?

I remember that too.

But every such choice is a choice between alternatives , she doesn't have to become perfect , she just has to look better than the alternatives offered.

The_Professor

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:10 AM »
And she made a choice to basically alienate stay-ay-home moms in favor of DINKS, yuppie married women or whatever catchy phrase you may utilize to describe this group of women.

I find the issue is intriguing becasue THIS is the REAL Hillary, the "stay at home moms are not doing thier fair share to womenhood" view.

Whether it, and similar views, will help her, votewise, is another issue altogether. She has indeed been repositoning herself to thecenter, to some discomfoirt from Brass & Co. But, will it be enough to get people to essentailly forget these earlier statements and the implications therein?