Author Topic: Kucinich plans another presidential bid  (Read 1051 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Kucinich plans another presidential bid
« on: December 12, 2006, 09:08:32 AM »
Monday, December 11, 2006

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Rep. Dennis Kucinich, a Democrat from Ohio who made an unsuccessful bid for president in 2004, will announce a second presidential run Tuesday in Cleveland.

Kucinich is set to forgo a presidential exploratory committee and announce an official run at Cleveland's City Hall tomorrow at 12:00 p.m. ET, according to spokesman Andy Juniewicz.

Kucinich says he is running because of the Democratic Leaderships continued willingness to fund the war in Iraq.

"Democrats were swept into power on November 7 because of widespread voter discontent with the war in Iraq," Kucinich said in a statement. "Instead of heeding those concerns and responding with a strong and immediate change in policies and direction, the Democratic Congressional leadership seems inclined to continue funding the perpetuation of the war."

-- CNN Congressional Producer Deirdre Walsh

Article
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kucinich plans another presidential bid
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 10:58:35 AM »
I saw this the other day and I just thought, "how useless".

He knows he can't win and he would be even less prone to move the candidate to the left this time around.  He's kind of doing a Nader in a way and I respect his right to run if he wants but I hope he won't make a stink when no one listens to him.