Author Topic: The Chub n Chief  (Read 3880 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Chub n Chief
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 07:07:31 PM »
Yes , anywhere that the government has forbidden that I be armed , the government must garuntee my safety at least as well as I would have.

How would the availability of firearms protected you at the Murrah Building or at the WTC?

Think about it .

If the government is responsible to make me as safe as I would make myself with firearms(when they remove mine) , this doesn't apply to any situation in which I couldn't help myself with a firearm.

On aircraft they ensure that we are disarmed and do not have nearly enough air marshalls to replace the safety we could have produced ourselves. Archie Bunker came up with the solution years ago, issue all passengers a gun. Make it a single shot with a low velocity prefraged slug. A hijacker would perhaps use it to shoot once , but he would then be a target for sixty .

Pilots who are not willing to pack heat should be fired.

Also one member of the crew should be a canine.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 07:36:40 PM »
Is it the governments responsibility to make you personally safe? Is that a realistic expectation?

I have no problem with pilots being armed. I don't know if they should be fired if they choose not to arm.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 07:52:59 PM »
Is it the governments responsibility to make you personally safe? Is that a realistic expectation?

I have no problem with pilots being armed. I don't know if they should be fired if they choose not to arm.

If the government enforces a handicap on me , they pick up at least as much responsibility for my safety as they removed from me.

Pilots are quite a lot responsible for passenger safety and can be required to train on any safety related equipment installed on the aircraft, whjy can't there be a combat requirement?

Arn't you going to comment on the cockpit gard dog idea?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 08:11:59 PM »
Pilots are quite a lot responsible for passenger safety and can be required to train on any safety related equipment installed on the aircraft, whjy can't there be a combat requirement?

There could be i suppose. But wouldn't that decision be best left to the commercial carriers instead of another government mandate.

Not sure how practical a guard dog in the cockpit idea would be.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2010, 04:20:58 AM »
If the aircraft has 700 or more passengers there is room and reason to have a security staff as a part of the crew.

JAL could hire Sumo wrestlers and Karate instructors , Alaska airlines could have dog teams.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 12:49:47 AM »
Yea, because asking me if I have nightshivers at the meaning of a soldier of allah is such a "hard question".  You dragged it down to that level.  I mearly wiped my shoe clean of it

Does the term soldier of allah scare you?

How about soldier of Jesus Christ. (2 Timothy 2:3-4 NLT) ? If i printed that on my business cards would i be under "their" suspicion? Would the ink on the paper cause me to empty loads into innocent civilians or would it take a whole lot more that?

This is the thing. Being a Muslim does not make you a terrorist, any more than being a Catholic Priest makes you a pedophile. And it is really lazy prejudicial rant by rote thinking to claim otherwise.

Perhaps while you are cleaning your shoes you can examine the evidence of the path you have been walking down.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 01:01:20 AM »
Ahhh....that's what its about.  Because we see Salvation army terrorists all the time, don't we.  You still can't get past the idiotic notion that it's completely plasuible that someone can find it completely offensive at the location of an Islamic mosque, near an American landmark, were thousands were murdered by Islamic terrorists, and yet not be an anti-Muslim bigot.  So, actually, its a Muslim terrorist thing

Perhaps we have made a breakthrough. Now where is the proof that those building the mosque have committed terrorist acts?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, 09:54:36 AM »
There is a difference between rational thought , logic and the way that people really think most of the time.

If someone commits a heinous act , shouts "I am blue" and commits another heinous act then states that he is doing it for the sake of his blueness lot of witnesses will associate blueness with the heinous acts. This will get reinforced every time that the same thing reoccurs.

There need be no proof that all of the blue are heinous act comitters The blue guys that are committing the acts want the association to be made and they are up front and public, there might be a grand majority of the blue nation that is simply quietly unwilling to do heinous acts , it won't matter if the heinous blue are energetic enough to outshout the peacefull blue.

Blue and heinous will be associated because they show up together a lot.\

This is a general principal not specific to the blue , think about your feelings of the KKK or communists or godless atheists or Guatemalans(reverse this if you are a member of one of these groups , it will work reversed)  Did anyone ever have to prove to you that every single one of the group was equally heinous before you developed a negative impression of the group?

So next time the elevator door opens and you see that you are going to be in a tiny room alone with a bright blue guy , don't hesitate , go on in , the odds are greatly on your side , logically.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »
Yea, because asking me if I have nightshivers at the meaning of a soldier of allah is such a "hard question".  You dragged it down to that level.  I mearly wiped my shoe clean of it

This is the thing. Being a Muslim does not make you a terrorist, any more than being a Catholic Priest makes you a pedophile.

Never said it did.  In fact, have made strenuous efforts to emphasize precisely that.   You seem to be the one constantly trying to bring that up, as if it is, thus your problem, with the predisposed prejudice you're applying to anyone who doesn't agree with you

And perhaps the reason you started dragging this thread down into gutter territrory
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 02:59:13 PM »
Never said it did.  In fact, have made strenuous efforts to emphasize precisely that.   You seem to be the one constantly trying to bring that up, as if it is, thus your problem, with the predisposed prejudice you're applying to anyone who doesn't agree with you

Then perhaps you can explain your objections to the park51 mosque. You certainly haven't established that the builders are muslim terrorists, just that they are muslim. You go to great lengths to show your open mindedness by "allowing" them to build elsewhere, but it seems to me that to give in to others prejudices, as exhibited by Pamela Geller (she of the Mosque and Campbell Soups protests) shows at least some agreement with their rationale.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »
There is a difference between rational thought , logic and the way that people really think most of the time.

If someone commits a heinous act , shouts "I am blue" and commits another heinous act then states that he is doing it for the sake of his blueness lot of witnesses will associate blueness with the heinous acts. This will get reinforced every time that the same thing reoccurs.

There need be no proof that all of the blue are heinous act comitters The blue guys that are committing the acts want the association to be made and they are up front and public, there might be a grand majority of the blue nation that is simply quietly unwilling to do heinous acts , it won't matter if the heinous blue are energetic enough to outshout the peacefull blue.

This is a general principal not specific to the blue , think about your feelings of the KKK or communists or godless atheists or Guatemalans(reverse this if you are a member of one of these groups , it will work reversed)  Did anyone ever have to prove to you that every single one of the group was equally heinous before you developed a negative impression of the group?

So next time the elevator door opens and you see that you are going to be in a tiny room alone with a bright blue guy , don't hesitate , go on in , the odds are greatly on your side , logically.

So Mikey was right. Southerners are racist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »

Then perhaps you can explain your objections to the park51 mosque.

Been there done that....adnauseum  You simply keep removing the reasons provided, and keep repeating the nonsense that the implication is that all Muslims must be terrorists, ergo, anyone not agreeing with you is a religious bigot.  No need to return to that death spiral.  My conscience is clean

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »

So Mikey was right. Southerners are racist.

In absense of logic , yes.

Basicly a false syllogism.

Bob is a racist
Bob is from Virginia.

Virginians are racist.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »

===============================================================
I am thinking that it might be unwise to make so many anti-Smurf, anti-BlueMen, anti-Andorian comments.
Or are you just against Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi, the "Blues Brothers". who despite the name, wore black suits.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
Basicly a false syllogism.

Do we endorse false syllogisms or are we simply acknowledging that the false syllogisms exist?