Author Topic: The Chub n Chief  (Read 3879 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Chub n Chief
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2010, 12:53:16 PM »
When can we get funding for a Mormon War Monument in Salt Lake City?

Mocking mormons again? Odd, coming from somebody who claimed they had so many Mormon friends.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »
I think that people who beleive  reparations are appropriate have a right to say so.

People who beleive reparations are a bad idea have a right to say so.

From your position which of these sets of people should be shutting up?

Should shutting them up have the force of law?

Neither and no. But why is an in depth examination of each position so hard to accomplish?

I think we have repeated often enough (that you should have noticed) that the folks who want to build the GZ mosque have a right to do so.

They certainly do, having passed all legal hurdles to do so.

Much as we have a right to point out that this is perceived as crass , insinsitive and counterproductive and self defeating to any good purpose.

The focus of my examination.

You are the one who is arguing that the perception of the opposition to Park51 trumps the reality of whether complicity exists amongst the builders of Park51 to the 9-11 attack.

I simply asked whether perception trumping reality was a universal truism.

That question still hasn't been answered.

Now if radical Islamists like actual members of Al Queida were wanting to build any sort of gathering place in New York , they would have no right to do so. Anything that the Al Quieda owns  in US territory ought to be confiscated , if not burnt down along with occupants.

Is this a straw man? Is anyone claiming that the Park51 folks are Al Queda?

Atlanta has a lovely park dedicated to the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Within walking distance of that center are numerous Presbyterian, Methodist and Baptist churches. The primary religions of the Confederacy.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
Hypotheticly , the Sons of the Confederacy has the right to build on the next block a large showy tribute to the valorous Confederate Navy, life size replicas of the CSS Alabama , the Hunley, CSS Virginia and exibits of intrest concerning the Confederacy and its Navy.

Hey , we have the right to build it , and we ourselves are not guilty of anything at all , we ought to go on an build it because perception counts for nothing.
=========================================

Yes, of course, by all means build it.

The problem would be getting someone to pay for it. I agree that it is entirely legal. And hardly anything deserves more adulation and respect for a job well done than the Confederate Navy.

When can we get funding for a Mormon War Monument in Salt Lake City?

North Charlston South Carolina is where this Museum will actually be built.

Probly will eventualy include the actual Hunley itself.

After it is opened it should be a big tourist draw.

Would it be tasteless to build it on MLKJr Street?

Southern Heritage is like this , we are the battlefeild of important ideas and still are , if we reject the heritage of every flawed person or group , we are left with nothing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »
I think that people who beleive  reparations are appropriate have a right to say so.

People who beleive reparations are a bad idea have a right to say so.

From your position which of these sets of people should be shutting up?

Should shutting them up have the force of law?

Neither and no. But why is an in depth examination of each position so hard to accomplish?

I think we have repeated often enough (that you should have noticed) that the folks who want to build the GZ mosque have a right to do so.

They certainly do, having passed all legal hurdles to do so.

Much as we have a right to point out that this is perceived as crass , insinsitive and counterproductive and self defeating to any good purpose.

The focus of my examination.

You are the one who is arguing that the perception of the opposition to Park51 trumps the reality of whether complicity exists amongst the builders of Park51 to the 9-11 attack.

I simply asked whether perception trumping reality was a universal truism.

That question still hasn't been answered.

Now if radical Islamists like actual members of Al Queida were wanting to build any sort of gathering place in New York , they would have no right to do so. Anything that the Al Quieda owns  in US territory ought to be confiscated , if not burnt down along with occupants.

Is this a straw man? Is anyone claiming that the Park51 folks are Al Queda?

Atlanta has a lovely park dedicated to the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Within walking distance of that center are numerous Presbyterian, Methodist and Baptist churches. The primary religions of the Confederacy.

//////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

You are mixing me and Sirs.

The rift between the Yankies and Rebels and the injurys and scars left by the institution of slavery are beggining to show some sign of healing. I like to think that haveing Christianity in common has helped.