Author Topic: Juan Williams  (Read 2202 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Juan Williams
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »
Juan Williams

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101021/cm_yblog_upshot/npr-fires-juan-williams-for-muslim-remarks-on-fox

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=130717991&ps=cprs

FoxNews.com with the headline "I Was Fired For Telling The Truth." In it, he writes that in his opinion NPR has:

"Used an honest statement of feeling as the basis for a charge of bigotry to create a basis for firing me. Well, now that I no longer work for NPR let me give you my opinion. This is an outrageous violation of journalistic standards and ethics by management that has no use for a diversity of opinion, ideas or a diversity of staff (I was the only black male on the air). This is evidence of one-party rule and one sided thinking at NPR that leads to enforced ideology, speech and writing. It leads to people, especially journalists, being sent to the gulag for raising the wrong questions and displaying independence of thought."

NPR CEO Vivian Schiller told the network's David Folkenflik earlier today, though, that "our reporters, our  hosts and our news analysts should not be injecting their own views about a controversial issue as part of their story. They should be reporting the story."

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

I am sorry to have to make this odvious odservation , the simplest and most likely explanation for NPR's action is racism.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Juan Williams
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
Juan Williams : NPR
Juan Williams, one of America's leading journalists, is a news analyst with NPR News. He also works on documentaries and participates in NPR's efforts to ...
www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId... - Similar - Add to iGoogle

[][][][][][][][][][][][][]

What do you know, this article is lost,..You get redirected to a collection of articles about lost things_ your luggage_Emilia Eirhart_Waldo_NPRs credibility.

What a bad way to end pledge week.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 10:01:10 PM »
End Gov funding

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 11:01:36 PM »
When I am at the airport or other public places and see Muslims in garb 9/11 crosses my mind and often times I wonder does that Muslim lady with the stroller have it filled with explosives or does that Muslim man have a bomb vest on. Sorry folks but yes those thoughts do cross my mind. They never did before 9/11 or the many other incidents that have taken lace since. Actually during these situations I tend to envision escape routes and conjur up other emergency plans; just in case that person or persons are the real deal.

I tell you this, sometime soon enough, and far to soon than I want to admit but something tragic will happen (right here in the USA) and it will involve Muslim Terrorists - again. They will execute attacks against public places or institutions using bombs, guns and several attacks will simultaneously take place. Whether it's on public schools, churches or sporting events it will involve large amounts of casualties. And it's not if but sadly it's just a matter of when.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:23:26 PM »
   I think it is safe to state that 99% or more Muslims don't want to be terrorists , especially if you are speaking of American Muslims.

But Al Queda claims the mantle of defenders of the faith and cry "Allah!" as they comit atrocity this calls shame onto all wo do not explicitly reject them.

So what are the Muslims to do? Most of them do not deserve the opbrobrim any more than most Italian Americans deserve association with the Mafia , it is not entirely fair but it does happen and Muslims should not feel like the lone ranger.

I have a suggestion , the finger of shame!  If 99% of Muslims were unified in pointing the finger of shame onto the Al Quieda they would shut it down for sheer lack of recruiting appeal. Look at the slow starvation of the KKK , a mere shadow of its former self because it has not been cool to join them for years. I think this could happen to the Al Quieda if enough individual Muslims were bold and free thinking.

Bold free thinking does not pay well in much of the world , but it is possible in the US. Are American Muslims world leading Muslims ?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 11:26:10 PM »
Muslims need to point that finger, and Americans need to defend free speech (for all of us), and Political Correctness needs to end!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 11:47:33 PM »
Muslims need to point that finger, and Americans need to defend free speech (for all of us), and Political Correctness needs to end!

Amen

Bear in mind that free speech includes the stupid as often as the smart.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 11:52:33 PM »

Amen

I defend my right to say stupid things!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:54:51 PM »

Amen

I defend my right to say stupid things!
Hahahahahahahaha!

May I quote you!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 12:36:03 PM »
If you judge what people might do because of the way in which they are dressed, that is a type of prejudice. You are pre judging someone based on what is probably an unrelated observation.

If I were in charge of NPR I do not think his remark justifies firing him. It was an honest observation, even though it did reveal a prejudice on his part.When I see someone in Muslim garb, I do notice it, and I do make note of where they sit on the plane, but I don;t do anything other than that.

When I get on a plane, I try to guess who might be an air marshal. I have only identified one that I am reasonable certain in the last ten flights. I suppose that this is a sort of prejudice concerning dress as well. Still, the twenty-year old woman with the tattoo: NOT am air marshal. The guy wearing flip-flops and plaid shorts: not him, either, nor any of the grannies and grampaws.

If I were a Muslim, I would not dress like one when I flew anywhere. I suppose a Sikh might wonder where to hide all his hair without a turban, but I know that a Sikh is unlikely to be a terrorist.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »
If you judge what people might do because of the way in which they are dressed, that is a type of prejudice. You are pre judging someone based on what is probably an unrelated observation.

If I were in charge of NPR I do not think his remark justifies firing him. It was an honest observation, even though it did reveal a prejudice on his part.When I see someone in Muslim garb, I do notice it, and I do make note of where they sit on the plane, but I don;t do anything other than that.

When I get on a plane, I try to guess who might be an air marshal. I have only identified one that I am reasonable certain in the last ten flights. I suppose that this is a sort of prejudice concerning dress as well. Still, the twenty-year old woman with the tattoo: NOT am air marshal. The guy wearing flip-flops and plaid shorts: not him, either, nor any of the grannies and grampaws.

If I were a Muslim, I would not dress like one when I flew anywhere. I suppose a Sikh might wonder where to hide all his hair without a turban, but I know that a Sikh is unlikely to be a terrorist.

Proof Liberals are racist, bigoted and profile people. Thank you!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »
Here are the facts:

Faux has few, if any Black commentators, entertainers or announcers. They would like to have someone famous, so that the ratbag reactionaries, the hicktown yokels and other assorted nitwits can point to him and say : "See? I listen to a Black guy and I don't even have to touch my remote!"

The Black audience at Faux News is minuscule. They would like to attract even a few Black crazies.

NPR does not pay as much as the other networks, nor does it attempt to make celebrities of its announcers.

Williams surely saw an opportunity to make more money, and he got together with Faux and this whole blessed thing was staged. Now Williams gets paid a million more, Faux gets a somewhat well known Black announcer, and there is one more scandalous incident to provoke some more simpletons to tune in Faux.

It's an obvious set up. The rightwingers have been played.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »
You are either wrong, lying, a moron, or all three combined. Just last night I watched O'Reily, Greta & Hannity and there were plenty of black people and more than enough liberals to observe points of view from several perspectives.

NPR had one black guy but they just fired him yesterday for saying how he felt not his opinion but a feeling he had. NPR is racist!

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 06:35:52 PM »
Here are the facts:

Faux has few, if any Black commentators, entertainers or announcers. They would like to have someone famous, so that the ratbag reactionaries, the hicktown yokels and other assorted nitwits can point to him and say : "See? I listen to a Black guy and I don't even have to touch my remote!"

The Black audience at Faux News is minuscule. They would like to attract even a few Black crazies.

NPR does not pay as much as the other networks, nor does it attempt to make celebrities of its announcers.

Williams surely saw an opportunity to make more money, and he got together with Faux and this whole blessed thing was staged. Now Williams gets paid a million more, Faux gets a somewhat well known Black announcer, and there is one more scandalous incident to provoke some more simpletons to tune in Faux.

It's an obvious set up. The rightwingers have been played.

Which network has a better count of minorities in frount of the camera?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 12:08:38 PM »
Which network has a better count of minorities in front of the camera?

I do not have cable, so I cannot count them. I doubt that Kramer would be  believable.

Of course, it is the total number of employees that is the most important. The local Univision studio here in Miami has a couple of token Black people in minor roles, but none at all manning the camera or doing anything behind the scenes. I have never been in any other studio.