Author Topic: To be on TV throughout the Mideast  (Read 1901 times)

The_Professor

To be on TV throughout the Mideast
« on: September 27, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »
"I would go to Iraq and ask to be on TV throughout the Middle East and I'd say, 'We came here with the best of intentions and wanted to create freedom and democracy for all and 3,000 Americans have died. It is clear to me we have become the main problem. I'm going to ask the international community to develop a peacekeeping force and reduce our presence. We're going to help you build houses, provide aid and economic opportunity for your people.'"

So, what do YOU think? Is this an effective strategy?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: To be on TV throughout the Mideast
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 07:39:10 PM »
If we are the source of the problem, why would the UN need to send in a peacekeeping force? We leave and violence goes away, right?

And if we are stilll meddling in their affairs by building houses and throwing money at them, wouldn't we still be the source of their problems?

« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 07:41:47 PM by BT »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: To be on TV throughout the Mideast
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:42:03 PM »
"I would go to Iraq and ask to be on TV throughout the Middle East and I'd say, 'We came here with the best of intentions and wanted to create freedom and democracy for all and 3,000 Americans have died. It is clear to me we have become the main problem. I'm going to ask the international community to develop a peacekeeping force and reduce our presence. We're going to help you build houses, provide aid and economic opportunity for your people.'"

So, what do YOU think? Is this an effective strategy?

How are we the main problem?

While the Iriquis are curseing us in the dark , there are people against us who are blowing up the powerlines and powerplants so that there will be dark for the purpose of curseing the USA.

Iraq could be rebuilt with the same speed that France was rebuilt after WWII or even faster, but not while the spending on security is five times the spending on rebuilding.

What good would the Marshall plan have done for France if there was a gang of 20,000 Frenchmen remaining devoted to Natzism and running over France destroying infrastructure?

Let me modify the statement that goes with your proposal ;

" We rebuilt Japan which was harmed worse , and we rebuilt France where the main damage was not our fault , but in Iraq where our money and effort and blood is not welcome we are going to leave you to your own devices , but do remember that what we did to Saddam ,we can do again, so don't invite us back by becomeing a problem to us."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:51:17 PM by Plane »