Author Topic: The Nearly Normal Bro Knows  (Read 4770 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Nearly Normal Bro Knows
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 03:12:44 AM »
Clinton needed to kill thousands of Serbs?

yellow_crane

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 04:06:39 AM »

Hillary didnt do anything wrong. It was Bill that got the blowjob . Remember?

The hatred for Hillary is a phenomenon.  

I have yet to see anybody explain it with much comprehension.

I hold that it has been manufactured by the Right, in just those terms--made hate.

It was Hillary who coined the phrase that brought it all into manifest, and out of the humming shadows--'vast, right wing conspiracy.'  She was talking about the product of precise poltiical intent.

More to home, Hillary and Hate . . . melded before us on the media into one--by organized people with deadly serious political intent.  She was talking about herself and Bill when she outed the ogre, but the manufactured hate for Hillary predates and outdistances the orchestrated hate for Bill.

The unceasing emotional reinforcements on FOX is what FOX is all about.  FOX means to and does indoctrinate by manipulation, appealing to emotion rather than an engagement of real information or facts.   Listening to FOX, we know we are not only supposed to be oppositional in politics to Hillary, but that we are also to hate her.

I would wager the rent that precious few of the Right's parrot troops could account for their well primed hate of Hillary by supplying facts to back it up.   Such people, caught up in obsessive emotional stances, find facts boring and inappropriate, after all.

The appeal is to the emotion, not any rational thought process.  Rush finds some new frame to hang his rhetoric upon, but at the end of each day, people are educated not at all, but are firmed up and recharged emotionally.  They got the fire, and they have learned where to put it.  

Directing emotion.

I myself have heard nobody on the Right produce rational reasons, but usually just try to catch eye and wink, a purely emotional bonding strategy which occludes the need for rational justification in groups.  Such a seemingly happy go lucky dynamic oftens leads to mob violence, and a lynching of at least a scapegoat.  If you have ever been in a frenzied mob, you know it to be no urban legend.  It is an emotional hurricane.

Listen to Limbaugh with an objective mind and note the reinforcements--barking all sorts of hosannas, and then hillary out of context,  for just a sec, full force derision, a momentary diverstion to rekindle hate.  They instead just reinforce the hate.  They (FOX and Rush and other hired hands) do this, from what I can tell, daily.  They use the same technique to get people to hate America's Liberals.  Even less of the nonblinking Right can tell you why, in terms of facts, they hate Liberals. Sans facts, they are dead sure how they feel. Many now hate Liberals never knowing what a Liberal is.  Not saying here that Liberals cannot be hated legitimately, only saying that FOX has found explaining in real intellectual terms seems to be far less fecund to them than using emotional reinforcement via charisimatic derision.

Some would say this is but a measure in correspondence to the fear of her.  Even though it is not even  her anymore, she will still 'carry the shell.'  Hate is unbothered by facts.  Hate, once set, is impervious to rational explanation.

I have occasionally been amazed at the strength of the recurrent resentments expressed towards the sixties/hippie phenomenon.  Bork, for instance, seems obsessed with the resentments.  Bork sees peril everywhere in every facet of hippie behavior.   Bork, you will remember, was the guy who WAS willing to fire anybody who did not respond rotely to binging Nixon's desparate tirades.  Bork tried to ignite the fear of all America by highlighting the rhetoric of the Port Huron Statement, which was an admittedly rather radical chic approach to the problem of the times, written by a few guys who had crested on their passions, their Quixotic, Rousseauean dreams collapsing to cold Halderman consistencies.

But most Americans, I think, concluded that hippies were not about political revolution, but busy about cultural revolution, much like the Neocon cultural revolution, indeed a full pendolum's swing in difference.  Action, reaction.  One remembers the Jesus Freak who, when interviewed, grinned and said:  "It's OUR turn."

There are many convenient congregation of extremists--assembled with their own baggage but communally translating it commonly into hate: take (like in take my wife) the sort or ilk of, say,  the John Birch Society, which proports to be a never-napping nanny of potential perils to all things "American,: but what is really a bunch of passion junkies finding a safe if bogus frame upon which to hang their desire to elevate their own status (you do not tell those people, they tell you).  Like all cultists, there is scant problem that cannot be successfully addressed by their dogma.

But clear, during the Watergate hearings, was young Hillary's presence, sitting on the committee, not much more than fetch and file, but resentful Republicans, fuming at being forced to include now in their resumes 'forced to jump ship', espied little Hillary wearing a Jane Fonda determination.

Imprint.

That was the beginning, I think, of the long and carefully programmed agenda to destroy her.

Time passes, and Hillary is less angelic, and more real.  There is no doubt salt is a major ingredient.
I notice male pundits in general tend to believe that Hillary's salt ultimately will work in her disfavor, but women, knowing men's proclivity to being rendered stupid by their needy, febrile egos , love a woman with that salt--there are certain aspects of women's liberation that most American women cherish,  save those who huddle--summoned and congregated--in megachurchs, conditioned to learn a sterner, less hopeful version of themselves and their place.  Megachurchs have become the new community centers for those who have their mind Right.

If Hillary runs, she arguably could be voted for by far more women than most men would want to admit.

I think none of us really can respond to Hillary unless by hate or a bothersome hint of despair, at this point, after long media indoctrination.    This despair is one of revolving confusion, born about by our beliefs being contradicted by emotional reinforcements we generally think we are above.

All the reinforcements daily about how we are to hate Hillary (FOX and Rush and other hired hands) are emotional, and without any information or facts to justify the hate.  The way it works is, no matter how Amithentic we think we are, we are at unconcious, unguard moments vulnerable to emotional fondling.  You may believe otherwise, but when emotional reinforcements seep through, even though you would oppose them intellectually, they tend to confuse.  When dynamics occur (dynamics here meaning other people), your emotional currency changes.  

Hate, many times, presents itself as a simple, tangible solution of conflict resolution.  Thus, many people are liable to form and express one image of Hillary when to themselves, and are nudged by the conditioned one in the presence of peers and social groupings.  It is enough to drop a megaphone with friends whose opinion we favor.

Even among Democrats otherwise objective, bring up Hillary and a small but distince knot happens in the gut. One's faith in confounded by shared experiences of inculcation.  We have been programmed to be thus confused, the facts wrestling with the suggestions' pinned hate tail, and we stay somewhat confused.   WE know we don't hate her, but we know many people do.  That stifles.  That confuses.  That, to them, is edge enough.

The kings of Europe spent as much time promulgating and directing hate as they did engendering love for the crown, to make sure their troops did not act like the Irish hired by Longshanks.

Hate is an important tool in politics.

Just ask Hillary.

Hell, just ask Sirs.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 08:17:03 AM »
I really admire your skills YC.

Though I don't really agree with your assessment , I would have a very hard time makeing a complete rebutal that was nearly so well turned.

So forgive my disjointed style and incompletenss.

I started haveing a passionate hatred of Hillary in power at the time of Travelgate , this incident more than any other demonstrated Hillary Clinton's ruthless disrespect of personal rights and woe to those who were in her way. She very nearly jailed a man she knew was innocent. I havent forgotten this and if there was ever a good canadate for Swift Boat style truth exposition this is it.

I felt a bit sorry for her in the Monica Lewinski ordeal , this was the time that she spoke the immortal phrase "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" and on camera told the nation that Bill was innocent of all the charges brought by a clandestine cabal of thousands of welthy men. Did the vast right wing conspiracy make all that stuff up , or did they make sure that Bill would be presented with nubile temptations frequently? Well s it turns out Bill was actually guilty of most of these charges as Hillary and SAndy Burger could tell us if they were not such good liers and paper hiders. After Bill leaves office we hear him say that those abuses happened"... Because I Could" as govenor and as President Bill considered obedience to law and mores optional , so the VRWC is either a fantasy or Hillarys projection of the way the left works.

Sandy Burger gets a lot of ridicule for his clumsy attempt to stuff incriminateing documents into his socks , but I am less hurt with his ameturish effort than I am with  Hillarys more artfull and professional file filching , was the Rose Law firm really slack at keeping records or was her file right where she wanted it all the time?

As Senator Hillary has been marking time , staying away from contraversy and building what cred she can as a moderate. I am so glad for this , I consider her moderation to be a Potemkin show as she stands onstage next to Newt Gingrich , but it has helped Newt get a few things done without really being in power so it is a welcome development to me , not that it woulg get me to vote for her though , I would expect the moderate facade to fall as soon as she had hold of her real goal.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 11:55:48 AM »
The point is that there will never be another Hitler elected in Germany

There can't be "another" elected since the first one wasn't elected.

Neither was Bush 43.  (I'm not sure about Bush 41.)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 12:33:38 PM »
Neither was Bush 43.  (I'm not sure about Bush 41.)

Both of them received the requisite number of electoral college votes. Therefore, they were elected.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)