Author Topic: KO KO'd  (Read 18595 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: KO KO'd
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 12:38:24 PM »
You are the one who said KO shouldn't have been Ko'd. What was your reasoning if not that it was a free speech issue?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 01:29:38 PM »
a) it wasn't me that initiated a KO KO thread

b) it's NOT a free speech issue, and never was.  It's a hypocrisy issue, and always has been
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
a) it wasn't me that initiated a KO KO thread

Well it certainly wasn't me who defended him.

b) it's NOT a free speech issue, and never was.  It's a hypocrisy issue, and always has been

Sure it is.

Next thing you know you will be all in favor of Campaign Finance Reform

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »
Ahh...I see we're back to completely misrepresenting my position yet again.  Quick paraphrase:

Bt: You're saying it's a Free speech issue

sirs: No, I'm saying its a hypocrisy issue

Bt: But, you're obviously implying its a Free speech issue

sirs: No, I'm saying explicity, and in no uncertain terms, its a hypocrisy issue

Bt: See, of course its a Free Speech issue.  So, now you support CFR, right?

Where the hell do any of my comments even come close to saying KO can't donate to who he wants??  You're about to pull the same Muslim Mosque garbage crap of something it isn't & never was, so let's put an end to it now. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 03:25:05 PM »
Where the hell do any of my comments even come close to saying KO can't donate to who he wants?

You didn't so, i'm curious why donating to the politicians of his choice would be hypocritical.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 04:26:42 PM »
Because, he rails against Fox for supposedly doing the same he just got suspended for.
 There in lies the hypocrisy

If you had been paying ANY attention to my posts in this thread, you would have noted my original defense of KO.  It was only when Bozell brought in the Hypocrisy angle, did my criticisms become more apparent.  Yet, somehow you managed to twist it into a supposed nonexistent free speech issue.  (so reminiscent of the Mosque debacle)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2010, 04:58:23 PM »
So do you agree or disagree with the MSNBC rule?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:27 PM »
I think anyone should be able to donate any amount to anyone.  Merely that it be fully disclosed, for all to see.  I've said that from the beginning, when people were pushing CFR.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »
So if i donate to my congressman, i need to inform you? or would FEC records suffice?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »
Yea, that's what I advocate....anyone that donates to anyone must then inform each and every member of the electorate, personally.    ::)    Why are you entertaining the ridiculous?  It's bad enough with all-to-recent bent on misrepresentations

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 06:44:36 PM »
Yea, that's what I advocate....anyone that donates to anyone must then inform each and every member of the electorate, personally.    ::)    Why are you entertaining the ridiculous?  It's bad enough with all-to-recent bent on misrepresentations

Merely that it be fully disclosed, for all to see.

Then please define full disclosure.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 06:57:27 PM »
If someone makes a large donation, it can be tracked to who gave it.  Not to some nebulous "Citizens for the greater Awesomeness of America".  Anything over a certain amount, is fully disclosed by whom made it, and to whom it was given to.  Simply make it a Campaign Finance Law.  Any group/candidate/party receiving it, must disclose how much, and specifically who it came from.  And no limit to what can be donated

I'm game to come up with an amount.  How about anything over 2K individually, or 5K from a married/civilized union couple.

Discuss

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 07:18:55 PM »
In the case of KO he made the donations as a private individual and reporting requirements are on the recipient of the donation. I'm not sure how he failed your full disclosure requirement.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2010, 07:39:37 PM »
Probably because this has NOTHING TO DO WITH FREE SPEECH, OR WHO CAN/CANNOT DONATE TO WHOMEVER       ::)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2010, 08:02:01 PM »
Well it certainly has a lot to do with full disclosure, which i believe was one of your complaints about KO.

So how did he fail to fully disclose?