Author Topic: Homeland Security to fight....Global Warming??  (Read 5779 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Homeland Security to fight....Global Warming??
« on: December 20, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »
WHAT THE FRELL?  Homeland Security's creation was somewhat controversial, another layer of Government bureacracy, but in theory to allow a bridge for all government organizations to better communicate with each other on SECURITY matters....you know, Terrorism, Border Enforcement, Domestic & Foreign enemies, etc.
-----------------------------------------

Janet Napolitano: DHS Creating New Task Force to Battle Climate Change

You know when the Department of Homeland Security has its priorities straight when Secretary Napolitano is creating a task force to battle climate change.

Something to note: Napolitano was at this conference just two days after Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry was murdered in the Arizona desert by bandits. Terry was killed on December 14, 2010.

From CNSNews:

At an all-day White House conference on "environmental justice," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced that her department is creating a new task force to battle the effects of climate change on domestic security operations.

Speaking at the first White House Forum on Environmental Justice on Thursday, Napolitano discussed the initial findings of the department?s recently created "Climate Change and Adaptation Task Force."

Napolitano explained that the task force was charged with ?identifying and assessing the impact that climate change could have on the missions and operations of the Department of Homeland Security.?

According to the former Arizona governor, the task force would address specific questions, including:

?How will FEMA work with state and local partners to plan for increased flooding or wildfire or hurricane activity that is more serious than we?ve seen before? What assistance can the Coast Guard bring to bear to assist remote villages in, for example, Alaska which already have been negatively affected by changes up in the Arctic??

The findings from the Homeland Security Department (DHS) also asked: ?(H)ow can we focus on how climate change is going to affect our rural citizenry including those who live along our boarders both northern and southern??

Priorities, priorities, priorities.....

And folks want to have THIS organization running Healthcare
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:13:38 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Homeland Security to fight....Global Warming??
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:41 PM »
DHS is doing what if planning and that is a bad thing?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 08:06:09 PM »
It is when it's allocating tax payer resources to endeavors that have no scientific foundation/concensus, and unrelated to "security" as it relates to the foundation of the agency itself
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »
I sure as hell hope HSD has a plan for when the levee breaks, no matter the cause.

Planning for the worst is always the best way to plan and is a perfectly good use of taxpayers money.

In fact i would expect the taxpayers would be rightfully disturbed if worst case scenarios weren't planned for.

When trouble strikes we expect seamless integration of the various agencies, and that can't happen without planning.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
I sure as hell hope HSD has a plan for when the levee breaks, no matter the cause.

That's not "Global Warming"  That's security contingincies as it relates to natural disasters.  That's acceptable.  This is our Homeland Security Secretary telling us specifically this commission is to function around the so-called effects of Global Warming

Planning for the worst is always the best way to plan and is a perfectly good use of taxpayers money.

So, obviously we need yet another task force to make plans for when the next asteroid hits.  Perhaps another one for when our sun goes supernova.  I mean, preparing for the worst, is "obviously" the best way to plan, and perfectly good use of taxpayers money

Now, all hyperbole aside, DHS planning based on an already debunked theory of global warming is HARDLY the best way to spend taxpayer dollars.  In fact, it's a perfect example of yet another reason our Government is in the current economic shambles it finds itself in.  By all means, plan for constingincies for already established disasters, but starting yet another layer of bureacracy based on Global warming is...not quite the height of arrogance and irresponsible spending of our tax dollars, but pretty damn close

bsb

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 09:00:02 PM »
The effects of global warming are going to arrive in the form of natural disasters. Obviously.

bsb

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 09:05:15 PM »
The effects of nature are going to arrive in the form of natural disasters.  Obviously. 

We need a Tax payer security commission now to combat Mother Nature??  I hear her Earth Elementals can be monstrous

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
That's security contingincies as it relates to natural disasters

No shit sherlock. That is what they are supposed to do. Who gives a damn what the reason is for the planning, the important thing is the plan.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 09:55:26 PM »
I think each state should worry about their own disasters. Why should I pay for New Orleans?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 11:07:11 PM »

No shit sherlock. That is what they are supposed to do. Who gives a damn what the reason is for the planning, the important thing is the plan.

Getting a little testy, I see.  The REASON is paramount to the allocation of resources.  It stands to reason, we already have contingincies to put into effect regarding natural disasters.  Why are you now in favor of another added level of Government bureacrary?.....at the Federal level?....in a dept that has nothing to do with natural disasters??...basing their REASON on umproven, when not debunked, non-concensus science??

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 11:45:30 PM »

Getting a little testy, I see.  The REASON is paramount to the allocation of resources.  It stands to reason, we already have contingincies to put into effect regarding natural disasters.  Why are you now in favor of another added level of Government bureacrary?.....at the Federal level?....in a dept that has nothing to do with natural disasters??...basing their REASON on umproven, when not debunked, non-concensus science??

If you and Bt were married you'd fight over the toothpaste cap.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 11:50:39 PM »

It stands to reason, we already have contingincies to put into effect regarding natural disasters.

Are the contingencies cooordinated since the formation of HSD?

Why are you now in favor of another added level of Government bureacrary?

Where did I say that.

at the Federal level?
Yes HSD is a Cabinet level department. and I have been against it since its inception.

in a dept that has nothing to do with natural disasters??.

HSD contains both FEMA and the Coast Guard under its umbrella. Both deal with natural disasters.

If the seas rise and eat the coastal cities do we really not want to have a plan in place because of some CNS article or some Sirs post in an internet forum?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 04:24:17 PM »
It stands to reason, we already have contingincies to put into effect regarding natural disasters.

Are the contingencies cooordinated since the formation of HSD?

Why wouldn't they be?  and if they weren't, why would they be announced based on non-settled science??

Why are you now in favor of another added level of Government bureacrary?

Where did I say that.

Oh, I'm sory...I didn't realize defending an added level of Government buracracy was not in favor of it.  My bad    ::)

at the Federal level?

Yes HSD is a Cabinet level department. and I have been against it since its inception.

Yet defending an additional layer of it.....gotcha

in a dept that has nothing to do with natural disasters??.

HSD contains both FEMA and the Coast Guard under its umbrella. Both deal with natural disasters.

So is the FBI & CIA.  Both FEMA & the CG are dealing with precisely that...natural disasters, not Global Warming.  HSD is to deal with threats to this country, both foreign & domestic, while theoretically improving communication between depts. 

If the seas rise and eat the coastal cities do we really not want to have a plan in place because of some CNS article or some Sirs post in an internet forum?

Why would the seas rise??  Well, let's then make sure we also have a plan in place, in the event of a supernova.  Oh yea, there's the events that occured in the movie Independence Day.  We definately need a plan in place for that.  An excellent use of tax payer dollars and increased Federal bureaucracy

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 04:34:43 PM »
Oh, I'm sory...I didn't realize defending an added level of Government buracracy was not in favor of it.  My bad

Where is the additional layer of bureaucracy and where did i defend it?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 04:40:47 PM »
Oh, I'm sory...I didn't realize defending an added level of Government buracracy was not in favor of it.  My bad

Where is the additional layer of bureaucracy

The new joint task force.  Or should we just claim it as simply additional bureaucracy?  Either way, it didn't exist before, and is now being put in place, specifially to deal with the unproven science of Global warming, using our tax dollars

and where did i defend it?

Been doing so since you started to argue with me on this