Author Topic: Bush memoir in 1.5 month sells nearly as many copies as Clinton has in 6 years!  (Read 4863 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I believe that Monica became far more infamous than any of the other women.

Some of the other women were obviously lying. I don't think Monica lied, she was a victim. And she should have clammed up and demanded a lawyer the very moment anyone suggested that she could be prosecuted for anything.

I will agree that it was unwise for Monica to give BJ's to Clinton, and it was wrong for him to accept them. But neither act was criminal, and neither act harmed the US so long as it was confidential and personal.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Once we learned that Clinton was lieing and that his staff had a procedure in place for handleing "bimbo eruptions" , why should we start thinking that any of these women were lieing?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
You cant choose when under Oath what is ok and what is not ok to lie and/or mislead about
Otherwise all defendants caught giving false & misleading statements could claim they thought the question was inappropriate.
It does not matter what Bill Clinton gave "false and misleading statements under Oath" about...
What matters is according to a sitting US Federal Judge he did give "false and misleading statements under Oath".
If that is allowed when a defendent so chooses our judicial system falls apart.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Why would not all of them be lying, each for their own benefit?

I don't think Monica lied. As I said, she was simply a victim, who did not demand the attorney to whom she was entitled.

The others, I fail to see what differnce it makes. Certainly none to me.

Clinton was a great man and a great president, and he simply made one mistake.

Juniorbush did nothing but screw up.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Why would not all of them be lying, each for their own benefit?

I don't think Monica lied. As I said, she was simply a victim, who did not demand the attorney to whom she was entitled.

The others, I fail to see what differnce it makes. Certainly none to me.

Clinton was a great man and a great president, and he simply made one mistake.

Juniorbush did nothing but screw up.

When was Monica L. the accused?

She was called to be a witness, and as you point out the courts should allow all witnesses to avoid telling the truth .

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
She was told that if she did not testify against Clinton, they would send her to jail for a long, long time. This was untrue. They lied to her. She could not be charged with perjury because she said nothing about her famous blowjobs to Tripp under oath.

At that point, she should have clammed up and asked for a lawyer.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
She was told that if she did not testify against Clinton, they would send her to jail for a long, long time.This was untrue.

You do realize that if you're subpoenaed to testify and you do not show up, you will have an arrest warrant issued for you and will serve a long prison term, don't you?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
But again, there was no crime. They cannot call a person to testify as a witness to a crime if there is no crime. Monica did not break any law by giving Clinton a blowjob, nor did he commit one by getting one.

Again, Monica needed to demand a lawyer IMMEDIATELY. They lied to her. A lawyer could have pointed all this out.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
But again, there was no crime.

There IS if you lie UNDER OATH.  There does not have to be a crime committed, when giving testimony UNDER OATH. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Duh!
Duh!
Duh!

Monica demands and attorney and thereby there is no hearing, because there is no legal reason to call for one, since no one has lied under oath.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Which is why she wasn't charged with such      duh
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
But as I said the was THREATENED with this, which is why she said anything at all.

I am through with this.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
That's for sure

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
If memory serves, Lewinsky filed a false affidavit and also solicited Linda Tripp to perjure herself. I am not sure whether this happened before or after she met with Starr's people. Nor am I sure whether this was before or after she pressured Clinton to get her a job in NYC. I believe Bill Richardson was tasked with interceding on her behalf with the folks at Revlon. Somewhere in the mix Vernon Jordan was also involved.