Author Topic: AZ Congresswomen Shot, betcha a Lib did it!  (Read 26237 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AZ Congresswomen Shot, betcha a Lib did it!
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2011, 01:10:43 AM »
Not some mass "right side" pointing at the "left side"

mass? where did i claim that? and if i didn't claim it, why are you expecting me to provide evidence of it?

So, who the hell is "the right side", in your both sides doing it right out of the gate claim??

Apparently Kramer and Cu4 are all that make up the "the right side" and ....... the vast majority of the MSM, pundits, certain Sheriffs, and Brass are "the left side".  Well, that so accurately represents "both sides" so well, doesn't it           ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2011, 01:13:21 AM »

mass? where did i claim that? and if i didn't claim it, why are you expecting me to provide evidence of it?

So, who the hell is "the right side", in your both sides doing it right out of the gate claim??

Apparently Kramer and Cu4 are all that make up the "the right side" and ....... the vast majority of the MSM, pundits, certain Sheriffs, and Brass are "the left side".  Well, that so accurately represents "both sides" so well, doesn't it           ;)

Well it certainly doesn't change the truthfulness of my statement. Both sides were represented.
Left and right.

;D

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2011, 01:32:34 AM »
It matters not one whit whether anyone "pushes back". It is stupid to blame anyone but the guy who shot the gun. He was insane. All assassins are insane, because not one in all of American history ever accomplished any objective by his assassination, unless he had a death wish.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2011, 01:51:29 AM »

Well it certainly doesn't change the truthfulness of my statement. Both sides were represented.
Left and right.

;D

Because they're so "equal"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2011, 02:23:35 AM »
Because they're so "equal"

Surely you aren't advocating a quota system  ::)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2011, 02:32:46 AM »
Nope, just providing the all important context & perspective

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:08 AM »
Good thing i never claimed the pointing of fingers would be equal, contextually speaking of course.

That would be you who inserted that strawman into the conversation, as is your custom.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2011, 03:19:26 AM »
Good thing i never claimed the pointing of fingers would be equal, contextually speaking of course.

Yea, because that's so important to point out that "both sides, right out of the gate...yada, blah, etc.", clearly means 1 side does it far more than the other.

That would be you who inserted that strawman into the conversation, as is your custom.

Well, if we've decided to redefine strawman, as providing context to something so nebulous as not really meaning both as in equivalent, but both as in one side does it more than the other, then guilty as charged

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2011, 03:30:34 AM »
I really don't see what the difficulty in understanding that:
It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

Means: It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

Now if you want to make a post that says something different then by all means do so.

I'm quite happy with the way i wrote mine, its meaning and intent and it is not in your realm to change that meaning or intent, try as you may.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: January 11, 2011, 04:31:07 AM »
It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

Means: It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

IMPLIES: both sides are equivalently equal in their pointing of fingers...right out of the gate.  Otherwise, its largely a meaningless point, if 1 side is doing it far more so than the other, but we're supposed to get that out of the claim that "both sides out of the gate yada, yada"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2011, 06:53:34 AM »

IMPLIES: both sides are equivalently equal in their pointing of fingers...right out of the gate.  Otherwise, its largely a meaningless point, if 1 side is doing it far more so than the other, but we're supposed to get that out of the claim that "both sides out of the gate yada, yada"

If i were to post a statement such as:
During the Viet Nam War, both sides suffered casualties.

Would you believe i meant that the casualties were equal? If so, why?

My statement is true on the face of it. Your reading is not.

And therein lays the problem.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2011, 09:42:41 AM »
And i still don't see where you got i said that the right should not push back.

Ok...I went back and read all the pages...maybe I assumed too much by my
feeling you were implying that all sides were about equal that everybody should shut up
before we had a chance to even respond to the attacks....i hate one way streets and if
you do too we're on the same page.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2011, 11:36:19 AM »

If i were to post a statement such as:
During the Viet Nam War, both sides suffered casualties.

Would you believe i meant that the casualties were equal?

No, I'd wonder "why is he posting the obvious?".  "Was their some expectation that one side wouldn't?"  Remember gulf war one, when we hardly suffered any casualties compared to the Iraqis?  THAT would be noteworthy, despite that "both sides suffered casualties". 

Your statement had a clear inferrence, whether it was by design or not, that both sides were equivalantly going after each other, "right from the gate".  Cu4 + Kramer, as conservative as they are, don't equal the public reach that the MSM, pundits like Krugman, and politicians like Clyburn reach.  So yea, your statement might be "technically true", but was poorly clarified

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2011, 02:41:54 PM »
Your statement had a clear inferrence, whether it was by design or not, that both sides were equivalantly going after each other, "right from the gate".  Cu4 + Kramer, as conservative as they are, don't equal the public reach that the MSM, pundits like Krugman, and politicians like Clyburn reach.  So yea, your statement might be "technically true", but was poorly clarified

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »
Your statement had a clear inferrence, whether it was by design or not, that both sides were equivalantly going after each other, "right from the gate".

My statement said what it said.

If you would like to agree that : "It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others." is a true statement and then post your own statement that though both sides did point fingers those on the left did it more, i would have no problem with that.

But what you did was misrepresent my statement to mean something it did not mean, instead of just posting your own statement.

Learn from this.