Author Topic: Che Chic on Target  (Read 1311 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Che Chic on Target
« on: December 23, 2006, 01:27:51 PM »
"What next? Hitler backpacks? Pol Pot cookware? Pinochet pantyhose?" wrote Investor's Business Daily in an editorial earlier this month, citing the Guevara case as a model of "tyrant-chic."

http://articles.news.aol.com/business/_a/che-guevara-cd-case-pulled-from-shelves/20061222155709990014?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Che Chic on Target
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2006, 09:13:40 PM »
"What next? Hitler backpacks? Pol Pot cookware? Pinochet pantyhose?" wrote Investor's Business Daily in an editorial earlier this month, citing the Guevara case as a model of "tyrant-chic."

NO. there will be none of that, because none of those guys was even remotely charismatic or cool. Che was cool. He's been dead for over 30 years and he's still cool. Probably if he were alive today, he would not be cool, just as Fidel is no longer anywhere nearly as cool. Che was a symbol who became a martyr, like JFK.

Everyone in advertising understands this. The IBD simply got the wrong clown to write that article.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

yellow_crane

Re: Che Chic on Target
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 12:17:26 AM »

http://articles.news.aol.com/business/_a/che-guevara-cd-case-pulled-from-shelves/20061222155709990014?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Che would not be offended that his image furthured the cause, knowing that people who wore his image would know why, or would soon learn.

This blackmail boycot was all brought about by the oh-so-passioned, catered-to right wing Hispanics.

I wish they would make me President.   Those Miami Cubans want passion?  I would make moves to boil their ass off. 

And my Mexican friends would cheer me on.