Author Topic: Rarely, has there been a charge, so wreckless  (Read 5037 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Rarely, has there been a charge, so wreckless
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 03:21:14 PM »
There is also the insistence that allowing a mosque to be built at Park 51 would be like flipping a huge Muslim bird at American Christians, a giant "Islam's Numbah One!" foam finger, waving in defiance at the center of capitalist neocolonialism.  

Neither is a rational argument, and this is because there is no rational argument possible, only emotional ones from both the Christians and the Muslims.

BTW, the word is "reckless", without the w.

I think XO understands the point in principal , but he is still a spelling naitzi.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Naitzi? Moi?

principal/ principle do  not have the the same meanings. If one does not learn this now, when, then?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
There is also the insistence that allowing a mosque to be built at Park 51 would be like flipping a huge Muslim bird at American Christians, a giant "Islam's Numbah One!" foam finger, waving in defiance at the center of capitalist neocolonialism. 

Neither is a rational argument, and this is because there is no rational argument possible, only emotional ones from both the Christians and the Muslims.

BTW, the word is "reckless", without the w.

I think XO understands the point in principal , but he is still a spelling naitzi.

Unfortunately, this has precious little to do with Christianity, or flipping it the bird.  Who's supposedly making this "insistence" that it is??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 03:47:36 PM »
Christianity is a religion that insists that it is the ONE AND ONLY ONE TRUE religion. If you are not washed in the blood of the lamb, you are doomed.

Islam is another religion which is every bit as dogmatic and exclusivist.

Other than that, I did not say that Christianity was the main focus of the discussion. I find it rather peripheral, actually.

THEY cannot build THEIR mosque because OUR people were martyred in a place too close by. They are evil for doing this, mocking us and such with their very presence.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »
Every religion "insists" that they are.  Now, who's "insisting" that the building of a Mosque is a big middle finger to Christianity??  Last time I looked there are Mosques all across this country.  I haven't seen any outrage at those
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 04:27:10 PM »
Every religion "insists" that they are.  Now, who's "insisting" that the building of a Mosque is a big middle finger to Christianity??  Last time I looked there are Mosques all across this country.  I haven't seen any outrage at those

Mosque-building protested elsewhere
Published: Aug. 20, 2010 at 11:20 AM

NEW YORK, Aug. 20 (UPI) -- Plans to build mosques have stirred emotions in at least four cities across the United States, not just New York, authorities said.

The battle over the mosque and Islamic center planned two blocks from Ground Zero in New York City has captured national attention, but plans to develop mosques elsewhere also are sparking confrontations, The Christian Science Monitor reported Thursday.

The controversy over the mosque and Islamic center planned two blocks from the World Trade Center site, is expected to grow with protests planned for Sunday, officials said. Families of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attack, neighborhood residents, military veterans and construction workers are expected to participate in the protest, organizers said.

In Temecula, Calif., demonstrators have shown up during afternoon prayers at the temporary Islamic center to protest proposed construction of a 24,000-square foot mosque and Islamic center on some vacant land the Muslim group owns, CSM said.

Protesters, including a pastor of a church that would be the mosque's neighbor, say they're concerned about Islam and carry signs proclaiming "No Allah Law Here."

The mosque's imam, backed by a local interfaith council, said he would like to meet with the concerned pastor and others to explain the teachings of Islam.

In Mufreesboro, Tenn., opponents of a proposed 52,000-square foot mosque and Islamic center raised environmental and traffic concerns, the Monitor reported.

"That thing will be about half the size of a Wal-Mart," Mike Sparks, a former county commissioner now running for state representative, told the Monitor. "It will be a dangerous intersection, it needs a turning lane."

Concerns also have been raised that extremists would be trained there.

Supporters of the right of Muslims to build the mosque said government doesn't have the right to interfere with religious freedom and there is no evidence the mosque, which has been scaled back, was ever used to train terrorists.

Protesters in Florence, Ky., are using a "'Stop the Mosque" Web site to try to halt construction of an Islamic center on 5.5 acres of land its congregation bought.

? 2010 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/08/20/Mosque-building-protested-elsewhere/UPI-79201282317606/print/#ixzz1BERl0wqv

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 04:30:32 PM »
ok...that's 1

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
Yeah. Pooch mentioned these during the original mosque debate.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 05:26:49 PM »
Not surprising you'd would take my comments in a vacuum and assume I meant not 1 aspect of protest, anywhere at anytime, would be about Christianity.  Apparently, its a given, at this point

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 05:37:01 PM »
Now, who's "insisting" that the building of a Mosque is a big middle finger to Christianity??  Last time I looked there are Mosques all across this country.  I haven't seen any outrage at those

I simply pointed out that protests against mosques are not limited by location, nor religion. A lot of those leading the charge against the Park51 Center are Jewish.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 07:08:45 PM »
And my point is that my comments shouldn't be taken in a vacuum of all or nothing

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 07:14:53 PM »

Every religion "insists" that they are.

NOT TRUE!

Buddhists, Confuscists, Taoists, Jains and Sikhs, Shintos and Farsis make no such claim. It is largely just the "sand people" religions (the Abrahamic creeds:Jews, Christians and Muslims) that claim exclusivity.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »
Exclusivity that their religion is largely the one to follow, or has the one true God(s).  Though this is all largely irrelevant to the point already made.  Perhaps that's why you're trying to focus on it.  That and t-shirts

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »
Vague

Never mind.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »
Agreed on both accounts, regarding your reponses