Author Topic: Can killing fetuses be ugly?  (Read 1498 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Can killing fetuses be ugly?
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:50:55 PM »
If you have just eaten don't open this link. It does not include pictures but the descriptions were enraging.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_abortion_clinic_investigation

Yes, this is an especially egregious and ugly case of abortion mill.
State regulators ignored complaints about Gosnell, or the 46 lawsuits filed against him. State officials, who arrived to testify with lawyers in tow, "enraged" the grand jury, Williams said. Yet he could find no criminal charges with which to charge them, in part because of the time that had elapsed.

The state's reluctance to investigate, under several administrations, may stem partly from the sensitivity of the abortion debate, Williams said. Nonetheless, he called Gosnell's case a clear case of murder.

That a poorly run abortion facility can be ugly should surprise no one.

What sort of abortion could we call handsome?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Can killing fetuses be ugly?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 02:54:01 PM »
Do you want your government in the abortion business?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 03:19:30 PM »
Hasn't every President since Carter promised to make it less necessacery or less common?

I want my government to be anti-murder and not prone to look the other way when tecnicalities cross the line between abortion and murder.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 09:34:43 PM »
Hasn't every President since Carter promised to make it less necessacery or less common?

I want my government to be anti-murder and not prone to look the other way when tecnicalities cross the line between abortion and murder.

Your president wants babies that survive abortions to be legally killed by the abortion doctor! How do you feel about that?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:37:38 PM »
I would like to vote for someone who really wanted Abortion to be rare.

bsb

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 11:30:01 PM »
>>4 users liked this comment Please sign in to rate this comment up. Please sign in to rate this comment down. 1 users disliked this comment

Courtney  1 hour ago Report Abuse

!!!!!!!!!!!!!NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!! "Clinics" like this are WHY abortion is legal in the first place. Clean clinics. Abortions done within limits of pregnancy terms. Certified, lisenced staff.

Humans and human nature will NOT change.Like it or not!!! Women will become pregnant. They won't want to be pregnant. People will be more than ready to take advantage of the situation.

Guess what- I'm AGAINST abortion. I despise even the idea of it!!! However, I am MORE against the "PROLIFE"ration of countless filthy, coat-hanger, fly-by-night houses of horrors like this one. People who live in a naive La La land can't seem to accept the REALITY of what would happen if abortion were illegal.

The truly amazing part is- "Pro-Life"ers are often against sex education and birth control. Just amazing.

Just try to USE YOUR HEADS people. Surprize us.<<

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_abortion_clinic_investigation

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:45:54 PM »
This abortion mill was run with offical looking the other way , during the time that it was leagal.

Abortion is the least regulated meaqns of makeing yourself a millionare we have.

bsb

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Legal, or illegal, it's going to keep right on happening. You want to try and push it underground, be my guest.

bsb

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 11:20:06 AM »
Abortion is the least regulated meaqns of makeing yourself a millionare we have.
=============================================================

That depends on whether there are any more Bernie Madoffs out there. For decades, he got away with grand theft: longer than this doctor.

You cannot make abortion impossible, you can only make it illegal, and then only for those who do not have the money to leave the country to have an abortion. So basically, you can only harass poor women and bring unwanted children into the world. Talk about government meddling: the "pro life" clowns are the all time champions of meddling in the affairs of others.

This guy was practicing medicine without a license. That is regulated and it is therefore possible to prosecute him.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »
Bernie Madoff offends me a lot , but he is going to spend the rest of his life in jail without blood on his hands.

Professional killing somehow offends me worse , even with government sanction.

I just don't buy the necessity of it at all.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
Now you have changed the debate topic.

Madoff made billions more than this defrocked abortionist. It is entirely possible that lax enforcement allowed Madoff to rip off more than every abortionists, legal or illegal in the US. I am glad they caught him.

Of course, a woman's right to an abortion is debatable. Theft under false pretenses, which is what Madoff did, is not debatable.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 03:27:54 PM »
Let's give the "climate of hate" rhetoric a rest for a moment. It's time to talk about the climate of death, in which the abortion industry thrives unchecked. Dehumanizing rhetoric, rationalizing language and a callous disregard for life have numbed America to its monstrous consequences. Consider the Philadelphia Horror.

In the City of Brotherly Love, hundreds of babies were murdered by a scissors-wielding monster over four decades. Whistleblowers informed public officials at all levels of the wanton killings of innocent life. But a parade of government health bureaucrats and advocates protecting the abortion racket looked the other way -- until, that is, a Philadelphia grand jury finally exposed the infanticide factory run by abortionist Kermit B. Gosnell, M.D., and a crew of unlicensed, untrained butchers masquerading as noble providers of women's "choice." Prosecutors charged Gosnell and his death squad with multiple counts of murder, infanticide, conspiracy, abuse of corpse, theft and other offenses.

The 281-page grand jury report released Wednesday provides a bone-chilling account of how Gosnell's "Women's Medical Society" systematically preyed on poor, minority pregnant women and their live, viable babies. The report's introduction lays out the criminal enterprise that claimed the lives of untold numbers of babies -- and mothers:

"This case is about a doctor who killed babies and endangered women. What we mean is that he regularly and illegally delivered live, viable babies in the third trimester of pregnancy -- and then murdered these newborns by severing their spinal cords with scissors. The medical practice by which he carried out this business was a filthy fraud in which he overdosed his patients with dangerous drugs, spread venereal disease among them with infected instruments, perforated their wombs and bowels -- and, on at least two occasions, caused their deaths. Over the years, many people came to know that something was going on here. But no one put a stop to it."

Echoing the same kind of dark euphemisms plied by Planned Parenthood propagandists who refer to unborn life as "fetal and uterine material," Gosnell referred to his deadly trade as "ensuring fetal demise." Reminiscent of the word wizards who refer to the skull-crushing partial-birth abortion procedure as "intact dilation and evacuation" and "intrauterine cranial decompression," Gosnell described his destruction of babies' spinal cords as "snipping." He rationalized his macabre habit of cutting off dead babies' feet and saving them in rows and rows of specimen jars as "research." His guilt-ridden employees then took photos of some of the victims before dumping them in shoeboxes, paper bags, one-gallon spring-water bottles and glass jars.

They weren't the only ones who adopted a see-no-evil stance:

-- The Pennsylvania Department of Health knew of clinic violations dating back decades, but did nothing.

-- The Pennsylvania Department of State was "repeatedly confronted with evidence about Gosnell" -- including the clinic's unclean, unsterile conditions, unlicensed workers, unsupervised sedation, underage abortion patients and over-prescribing of pain pills with high resale value on the street -- "and repeatedly chose to do nothing."

-- Philadelphia Department of Public Health officials who regularly visited Gosnell's human waste-clogged offices did nothing.

-- Nearby hospital officials who treated some of the pregnant mothers who suffered grave complications from Gosnell's butchery did nothing.

-- An unnamed evaluator with the National Abortion Federation, the leading association of abortion providers that is supposed to uphold strict health and legal standards, determined that Gosnell's chamber of horrors was "the worst abortion clinic she had ever inspected" -- but did nothing.

Meanwhile, the death racketeers have launched a legislative and regulatory assault across the country on pro-life crisis pregnancy centers from New York City to Baltimore, Austin and Seattle that offer abortion alternatives, counseling and family services to mostly poor, vulnerable minority women.

Already, left-wing journalists and activists have rushed to explain that these abortion atrocities ignored for four decades by abortion radicals and rationalizers are not really about abortion. A Time magazine writer argued that the Philadelphia Horror was "about poverty, not Roe v. Wade." A University of Minnesota professor declared: "This is not about abortion."

But the grand jury itself pointed out that loosened oversight of abortion clinics enacted under pro-choice former GOP Gov. Tom Ridge enabled Gosnell's criminal enterprise -- and led to the heartless execution of hundreds of babies. Mass murder got a pass in the name of expanding "access" and appeasing abortion lobbyists.

As the report made clear: "With the change of administration from (pro-life Democratic) Gov. Casey to Gov. Ridge," government health officials "concluded that inspections would be 'putting a barrier up to women' seeking abortions. Better to leave clinics to do as they pleased, even though, as Gosnell proved, that meant both women and babies would pay."

Deadly indifference to protecting life isn't tangential to the abortion industry's existence -- it's at the core of it. The Philadelphia Horror is no anomaly. It's the logical, bloodcurdling consequence of an evil, eugenics-rooted enterprise wrapped in feminist clothing.

The Climate of Death
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 04:17:23 PM »
They ought to pass a law, or raise funding, or tax intercourse, but obviously something needs to be done.

We need inspectors to inspect the inspectors.

kind of reminds me of when there is a shooting and people get all out of whack.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »
They ought to pass a law, or raise funding, or tax intercourse, but obviously something needs to be done.

???   Is THAT what you got out of this thread.......legislation of intercourse??

kind of reminds me of when there is a shooting and people get all out of whack.

Umm....yeaa....right.  How about for better clarity and appropriateness, its more along the lines that the people get out of whack when there's an intentional shooting, and the victim dies
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 04:46:53 PM »
Didn't a congresswoman introduce legislation, immediately after the Tucson shoots to do away with large clips?

folks have a tendency to jump on isolated incidences to push their agenda. I don't see why the Philadelphia story should be any different.

Fact of the matter is this is not a story about the legality of abortion, this is a story about the systemic failure of government to properly execute their oversight responsibilities.

I hope the Doctor is prosecuted to the letter of the law, I hope the bureaucrats who dropped the ball are prosecuted and I hope the pro-life folks don't make a political blunder with this story.

The law of the land says abortions are legal. And as such they should be safe and preferably rare. The government is responsible for the safe part. No one is forcing anyone to abort, so the law really has nothing to do with the rarity part. That would be up to the pregnant.

If made illegal, abortions are no longer regulated, which makes safety more of an issue. They will still happen though, just as they did pre Roe vs Wade.