Author Topic: Raising the Debt Limit --- NO WAY  (Read 2605 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Raising the Debt Limit --- NO WAY
« on: January 30, 2011, 06:39:09 PM »
Tea Party activists need to get into streets again in the next month to stop the raising of the debt limit, all their hard work over the last two years will have been wasted. We have an unprecedented opportunity right now to bring federal spending under control immediately, with one vote. And the Republicans they put in office in November have all the power to do what is needed. They just need a big push.

Read more: Calling all tea-party activists! You're needed, again http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=256713#ixzz1CYpqnvDd

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Raising the Debt Limit --- NO WAY
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »
Yeah, let's shut down the government!

That will teach them a lesson.

The lesson it will teach is that teabaggers are imbeciles.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 09:34:33 PM »
I have to admit to a bit of bias in this question , because failing the debt limit would leave me unpaid untill next year.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »
I have to admit to a bit of bias in this question , because failing the debt limit would leave me unpaid untill next year.

then maybe you should work for an organization that is more responsible with it's operating funds.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 12:37:20 AM »
I'm with Xo.....I need to contact my various Lenders, and telling them, that oh, by the way, I need you to increase the amount I owe on the house & car, and you can skip the next few months of payments.  I'm a little short, and will need to squeeze some cash out of my neighbors
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 02:08:34 AM »
No one can compare the US government, an entity that can create money, with personal finance.

If you do not understand this fundamental difference, then you are probably having difficulty dressing yourself as well.

Teabaggers are just that stupid. Watch them make asses of themselves, and then be beaten up by McConnell and Boehmer and forced into submission. And that is the BEST that can happen to them.

Remember how well shutting down the government went over with the people when Gingrich made it happen.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 03:03:49 AM »
The concept is absolutely the same.  You have a budget, you have expenses, you have debt, when you have more than you can pay.  You can budget to stay out of debt, or you can suffer the consequences.  For folks like us, we're not allowed to simply print more money, or just raise our amount of what we owe, and not pay it.  We either get forclosed or, fined, or even go to jail.  It's nice that you seem to be advocating that, if we're to follow the path of government
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 03:58:51 AM »
The concept is absolutely the same.  You have a budget, you have expenses, you have debt, when you have more than you can pay.  You can budget to stay out of debt, or you can suffer the consequences.  For folks like us, we're not allowed to simply print more money, or just raise our amount of what we owe, and not pay it.  We either get forclosed or, fined, or even go to jail.  It's nice that you seem to be advocating that, if we're to follow the path of government

The vast majority of any liquid assets you have are backed by the full faith and confidence in the US Government.

When someone advocates that the government "shut down" , that it fail to meet it's current obligations, that it is no longer creditworthy and that it is not worthy of full faith and confidence, then your liquid assets as well as anyone else whose investments are backed by dollars take a hit also.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 04:12:30 AM »
and.....the answer is to advocate that which would have the rest of us fined, jailed, and/or property repossessed?  Not to mention that which it places on our children, and their children's children??

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 04:16:43 AM »
The answer is to raise the debt limit short term and lower the need for additional debt long term.

But the larger answer is to not default on your current obligations.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 10:54:08 AM »
Not Raising the Debt Limit hasn't been tried yet so I say let's try it, since nothing else (thus far) has STOPPED Congress from the reckless spending spree!

Remember what they said when when they wanted to pass TARP, Stimulus 1, Stimulus 2, & ObamaCare?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 11:00:34 AM »
You have a budget, you have expenses, you have debt, when you have more than you can pay. 
You can budget to stay out of debt, or you can suffer the consequences. 

Don't Raise the Debt Ceiling
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »
The answer is to raise the debt limit short term and lower the need for additional debt long term.

But the larger answer is to not default on your current obligations.

With all due respect, we've been doing that Bt.  Raising it doesn't appear to send the proper DC message into then lowering it.  It perpetuates an ever increase in spending.  No, sorry, but the larger answer here is to not spend beyond the debt limit, in the 1st place

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
Well i hope the symbolic action does not affect you too badly personally.