Author Topic: How do you fear something currently not possible?  (Read 23388 times)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: How do you fear something currently not possible?
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 12:14:21 AM »
"Another very wrong claim"

LOL....."very wrong"!
Yeah sure Ami "very wrong"  ::)
Wait a minute.....shut down all the restaurants and homes cooking meat tonight!
Tell them all.... you can eat that chicken breast raw like the lion would!
Tell them all......turn off that stove and feed your children raw cow like the wolf would eat!
Most Americans and most humans do not eat "raw meat all the time" as you claim you do.
We primarily cook meat because that's the main way our body can handle it very unlike most carnivors
Btw "rare" is far from raw/uncooked....so is "medium rare"...so I guess accordingly those are "VERY WRONG" statements!

Yourofsky Ga Tech "Humans are Herbivores" Sept. 9, 2009

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:25:30 AM by Christians4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 12:24:04 AM »
XO whatever category you think best describes us....the fact remains
Americans as a whole consume too much meat and not enough vegetables.
whatever people want to eat is their own personal choice
all know the way....few walk it
we reap what we eat

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 12:27:44 AM »
LOL....."very wrong"!
Yeah sure Ami "very wrong"  ::)
Wait a minute.....shut down all the restaurants and homes cooking meat tonight!

What I said that is "very wrong" is *your* claim that "eating raw meat will make you sick and die". It will not, unless it was tainted in some way. But tainted meat will kill carnivores as well.

I did not say that cooking meat is very wrong, that is *your* strawman argument. I said that I prefer meat that is cooked little or raw. I did not say that cooking meat is wrong, I said that it is unnecessary and will not kill you to eat meat raw.

And XO, humans are omnivores - we can eat both plants and meat.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 12:39:20 AM »
Most Americans and most humans do not eat "raw meat all the time" as you claim you do.
We primarily cook meat because that's the main way our body can handle it very unlike most carnivors

There are many societies that routinely eat raw meat. Your body can "handle it" without any problems. The reason you eat cooked meat is because that's what your mother fed you and you are afraid to try new things, not because that is the only way for your body to handle it.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 12:46:30 AM »
By the way the Sushi you are eating is safe because sushi restaurants take certain steps
required by the Food and Drug Administration in handling and preparing their fish. A required
step involves freezing fish at temperatures of -4 degrees Fahrenheit (-20 degrees Celsius)
for seven days, or frozen at -31 degrees Fahrenheit  (-35 degrees Celsius) for 15 hours,
which kills any parasites. I wonder if Lions need those rules?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2011, 12:50:51 AM »
Sorry Ami I believe this guy who is a world leading cardiovascular pathologist,
and the current editor of the American Journal of Cardiology. But of course
we all have our own opinions and if you think he is "very wrong" I say
"good for you".

Humans are Herbivores: Dr. William Clifford Roberts,P1/2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_C._Roberts

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 01:11:59 AM »
And XO, humans are omnivores - we can eat both plants and meat.

I know this. I was commenting on the comments of others.
Raw beef has a rather pleasant taste to me with the right spices. Raw pork and raw chicken I do not like.

You can "Cook" fish  and shrimp with onions, lemon juice and coconut milk in the Sun for a couple of hours.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2011, 01:17:58 AM »
"Several studies published since 1990 indicate that cooking muscle meat creates heterocyclic amines (HCAs), which are thought to increase cancer risk in humans. Researchers at the National Cancer Institute found that human subjects who ate beef rare or medium-rare had less than one third the risk of stomach cancer than those who ate beef medium-well or well-done."

"Cooking also creates certain heat-created toxins, advanced glycation end products, otherwise known as AGEs. This reaction occurs both within the body and external to the body. These compounds are absorbed by the body during digestion with about 30% efficiency. Many cells in the body (for example endothelial cells, smooth muscle or cells of the immune system) from tissue such as lung, liver, kidney or peripheral blood bear the receptor for advanced glycation end products (RAGE) that, when binding AGEs, contributes to age and diabetes-related chronic inflammatory diseases, such as atherosclerosis, renal failure, arthritis, myocardial infarction, macular degeneration, cardiovascular disease, nephropathy, retinopathy, or neuropathy."

"Also, toxic compounds called PAHs, or Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, are formed by cooking, in addition to being a component of cigarette-smoke and car-exhaust fumes. They are known to be carcinogenic."

"Another study has shown that meat heated for 10 minutes at 130 ?C (266 ?F), showed a 1.5% decrease in protein digestibility. Similar heating of hake meat in the presence of potato starch, soy oil, and salt caused a 6% decrease in amino acid content.

There are various scientific reports, such as one by the Nutrition Society, which describe in detail the loss of vitamins and minerals caused by cooking.

It has also been suggested that cooking contributes greatly to global warming."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_foodism#Raw_food_movement

In Belgium, raw meat is consumed by most residents on a daily basis. I don't remember hearing anything about the massive number of Belgium residents keeling over dead on a daily basis. Indeed, last time I checked, they were some of the healthiest people in Europe.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, 01:26:16 AM »
I might be the exception but i really can`t trust a all vegetable diet for myself. I really get violently ill. eating meat really is safer than vegetable for me. coconuts & unsoaked bean the next day have me crawling to the bathroom the next day.
the response from healthfood folks is it healthy for me and still try to get me to eat it again. I found out some vegan food is quite bad for you. carrot tops is a mild toxin and it taste nasty. but vegans eat it. I have very large doubt about the safety of vegetables now.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2011, 11:50:14 AM »
Carrot tops are bitter. I was unaware that anyone ate them. The same is true of celery leaves, and rhubarb leaves are downright toxic. It is my observation that people adapt to a particular diet and there are many people who simply cannot stand to vary much from their habitual foods. I have a Cuban girlfriend that won't touch mushrooms, sausage, peas, potato skins, carrots, green beans and dozens of other things. She eats mostly potatoes, rice, beans, cheese and the sort of fruits that are available in Cuba: oranges, grapes, limes and bananas.

My sister refuses to eat what she calls "ese" foods: Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, and any other sort of Oriental food: she won't touch any sort of peppers, garlic, or any spices other than what one finds in McDonald's.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2011, 01:56:42 PM »
In Belgium, raw meat is consumed by most residents on a daily basis. I don't remember hearing anything about the massive number of Belgium residents keeling over dead on a daily basis. Indeed, last time I checked, they were some of the healthiest people in Europe.

No matter how they eat it....they eat too much meat and some
Beligiums realize that high meat intake can have "disastrous
consequences for their health". The animals have the last laugh!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1181221/Belgian-city-Ghent-world-veggie--week.html

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2011, 02:25:11 PM »
Monkeys never turn down a nice meal worm, grasshopper or small lizard.

Babboons will eat a gazelle when they can corner one.

Chimpanzees like a little monkey in their diet.

I think the Probossis monkies are strict vegitarians , but you never know what they are eating while nobody is looking.

Don't most primates eat meat at least occasionally?

http://www.ehow.com/about_6397010_diet-proboscis-monkey.html

Stomach
•Proboscis monkeys are able to digest leaves because of their unusual stomachs. Their stomachs have different compartments that have cellulose-digesting bacteria. Digestion takes a long time and they need a lot of leaves to get enough nutrition. This makes the proboscis monkeys heavy with a pronounced potbelly.

Read more: Diet for a Proboscis Monkey | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6397010_diet-proboscis-monkey.html#ixzz1DfySOFC1

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2011, 02:44:02 PM »
maybe it`s  not too much meat but a lack of a varied diet. the movie supersize me gave the false message that fast food is bad, but the truth is too much of any one kind of food is bad.

ex. if you eat only carrots for 3 weeks ,you will get sick. the same goes for any vegetable or fruit.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 03:15:18 PM »
the problem isn't really meat per se
it's too much meat
for millions of years meat was eaten but it was much harder to get
watch Animal Planet and see how hard it is for lions to eat meat
most lion attempts to bring down a live prey animal are failures
plus there is exercise involved in getting the meat
but if Lions could simply drive thru a meat fast food place
i guarantee lions would soon be showing the same health problems humans are
our brains via development have made it so easy to eat meat in quantities
are bodies as herbivores or omnivores whatever you prefer are not designed to consume
thus high meat societies tend to have higher obesity which leads to a multitude of
health problems like diabetes, cancer, cardio-disease.
so again it's not the meat.....it's the amount of meat and animal products we eat

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2011, 03:17:50 PM »
That probiscis monkey certainly looks like he is up to something.

I heard that there was a truck driver whose wife got him to eat a mess of carrots every day to enhance his night vision, but that eventually he started seeing everything in hues of orange.

Nothing was mentioned about his ears growing and his nose twitching, though.

And then there is this:
Q    
Eating Too Many Carrots?

One of my favorite snacks is raw carrots. I probably nibble on some five days a week. Recently, my palms and the soles of my feet turned yellow.  Could the carrots be responsible? If so, is this dangerous? Should I cut back on carrots? If not the carrots, what else could cause this pigment change?
A    
Answer (Published 12/4/2008)

Without a doubt your habitual carrot consumption is the cause of your yellowing skin. The same fat-soluble pigments (carotenoids) that account for the deep orange color of carrots are responsible. In general, carotenoids are beneficial to health and can protect the skin from sun damage. For example, lycopene, a carotenoid which is responsible for the red color of tomatoes, and the green pigments in spinach, broccoli, and other green vegetables will all make your skin slightly less sensitive to the sun. (In April 2008, British researchers reported that consuming lycopene-rich tomato paste reduced sun damage by 33 percent).
Related Weil Products
Dr. Weil's Vitamin Advisor for Your Whole Body - Micronutrients, herbs and drugs can all interact with diet, sometimes in unexpected ways. Dr. Weil's Vitamin Advisor takes known interactions into account when developing recommendations, to help safeguard against unwanted side effects. Learn more, and get your free, personalized Dr. Weil's Vitamin Advisor recommendation today.

The yellow or orange color you notice on your palms (called carotenemia) is often seen in infants when they start to eat solid foods and get too many that contain beta carotene - usually from carrots, pumpkin and other yellow and orange vegetables. The color change is harmless but has to be distinguished from jaundice, which also causes yellow or orange skin. Eating too much beta carotene doesn't cause the whites of the eyes to yellow, while jaundice does, but if skin color changes in an infant, it's best to see a pediatrician to make sure that the problem is just too many carrots or too much pumpkin.
advertisement

Your color change is not at all dangerous and will fade quickly when you reduce your consumption of carrots. I suggest that you do just that – not because the carotene has turned your skin yellow, but because it's important to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. The greater the variety of natural colors in your diet, the better off you'll be nutritionally. Carrots all the time sounds a bit monotonous, enjoy a rainbow of produce!

Andrew Weil, M.D.