Author Topic: Chery  (Read 2750 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Chery
« on: December 29, 2006, 02:32:13 PM »
The cars, to be designed jointly by Chery and Chrysler with Chrysler taking the lead, would be sold as a Chrysler Group brand, either Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge, said Chrysler spokesman Jason Vines. Chery will build tiny cars known in the industry as "B-cars," but it also may build something larger for Chrysler, Vines added.

The deal needs to be approved by Chrysler's supervisory board, which meets next month, and by the Chinese government.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061229/ap_on_bi_ge/chrysler_chery

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Chery
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 03:20:04 PM »
Plane,

This has absolutely nothing to do with that car stuff but I thought you might enjoy this site.

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Blackholeapult#1054314000

Particularly, this blackholeapult idea.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 10:47:41 PM »
That is an interesting discussion.

The unsolved part of the problem is that as the speed of the ship increases it requires a greater amount of power to add further speed and the relationship is non linear.

Here is another variation of this idea.

If you were to build a ladder between a geosynchronous satellite and the surface of the earth anything that climbed the ladder would attain the geosynchronous speed as it climbed , this would use some power.

But if you had a slide sticking out of the geosynchronous satellite and slid on it you would be pushed to a higher orbit by the slide , this would be harvesting the rotational inertia of the earth to accelerate you.

You could actually pay out a long rope from a tethered geosynchronous satellite and the weight on the end would be accelerated like a rock in a sling , by releasing it at the right time you could achieve interplanetary flight without using fuel.

You could pay out a very long tether and as long as you slowly payed out more rope you would achieve higher and higher speeds , this might actually be a way to get an intersteller ship started .

If you were to pay out the length of line needed to get a small weight accelerated tithe speed of light it would never work , before you were that fast you would have stopped the rotation of the earth.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 01:07:09 PM by Plane »

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 02:21:57 AM »
Plane,
Do you have Firefox as a browser?  Because there's a Firefox version 2 and it has spellcheck that's automatic.  Aha, there's a red line under spell check and now it's not there.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:46:44 PM »
It seems to me that Plane is uninterested in orthography.

He thinks what he means is 'odvious'.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »
It seems to me that Plane is uninterested in orthography.

So, what's your excuse?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 01:08:35 PM »
Ok I spell checked it , you may now read it with less pain.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 07:25:07 PM »
Plane,
I am not pained by your spelling.  Not...exactly.  But I just got this Firefox 2 and it underlines words in red for me, which I'm glad of because I don't like to make spelling mistakes.

I am, however, almost innumerate.  And it ticks me off if someone makes a big deal out of it, like, "Can't you subtract right?" Well, not always, no.  But I don't have a problem with it.  Spelling mistakes: I don't like.  Math mistakes: I don't care.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 09:30:42 PM »
Math mistakes can kill you.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 11:09:13 AM »
Math mistakes can kill you.

I think that some spelling mistakes could also kill you.

But none in a forum such as this.

I only concluded that if you spell the same word differently twice in the same paragraph, you might not be overly concerned with orthography. After all, there is only one correct spelling, except for a few words that the Brits spell differently (kerb, gaol, tyre, connexion), and even then you are supposed to choose one standard or the other.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 08:25:29 PM »
So is a Chery a Chevy?

And yes, math mistakes can kill you. That's why it's so nice  to have calculators and if you have a job that is very math-intensive, be able to do the math without the calculator in case it goes on the fritz.   

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 11:44:27 AM »
So is a Chery a Chevy?

And yes, math mistakes can kill you. That's why it's so nice  to have calculators and if you have a job that is very math-intensive, be able to do the math without the calculator in case it goes on the fritz.   

No Chery is a Chineese car company , you may be driving a Chery in a few years.

I would name such a car the "Bing".

Or "Bring" either way is goot.

I imagine that you are better at math than you are letting on , don't you compute dilution for IV drugs?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 04:03:27 PM »
<<don't you compute dilution for IV drugs?>>

Dear God, no.
I was a tech, not a RN.  I wasn't skilled enough at multi-tasking or at math to be an RN.  Sad, but true. I did my  best at what I could do, though.   
And I think I was handy to have around for them to ask "How do you spell 'ptosis'?"   (or 'taut' or 'nausea' ....etc.)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 01:52:40 AM »
I suppose I gotta admit that in Medicine a mistake in math or in spelling can be very harmfull.

I like to aviod takeing a drug I don't understand , but this is not always possible , I gotta depend on the experts to get it right sometimes.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »
It's hard to read some doctors' handwriting.  Very hard to determine if they mean 'Dopamine' or 'Dobutamine'.  Zyprexa or Zyrtec.

I did know a nurse who  almost died because his pain injection machine was set up wrong.  Misplaced decimal point makes a huge difference when it's how much morphine you're getting.