Author Topic: Saddam Hussein executed  (Read 24457 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Saddam Hussein executed
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2006, 08:55:36 PM »
Now, what makes this interesting is that, at least in the US, when a prosecuter charges, say, a serial killer, he's generally going to try and pin every last body that turns up on the defendant.

Not true. In the Atlanta Child Murders Cases they prosecuted Wayne Williams with only three out of 20+ of the murders even though they had strong evidense to tie him to many many more than that.

I understand your concerns when folks are tried for lesser crimes. Scooter Libby probably agrees.

I can't wiat for Lanya to start her Free Scooter campaign.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2007, 02:14:14 PM »
<<I can't wiat for Lanya to start her Free Scooter campaign. >>

That's funny.  I couldn't wait for you to start your "Saddam Smoking Gun" campaign.  Where's the evidence that Saddam killed a single one of his victims?  Why should the actions of a few "bad apple" killers taint the whole Iraq army and its leaders?  Where is the signed order to kill with Saddam's signature?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2007, 03:53:37 PM »
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2007, 04:02:09 PM »
Where's the evidence that Saddam killed a single one of his victims?  Why should the actions of a few "bad apple" killers taint the whole Iraq army and its leaders?  Where is the signed order to kill with Saddam's signature?

That is what the trial was for. didn't he have Ramsey Clark as an attorney?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2007, 04:07:54 PM »
http://www.bushflash.com/swf/thanks.swf

So he was trained by kennedy and installed into office by Carter. Sounds like a dem creation to me. Way to go.

Mucho

« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2007, 06:12:41 PM »
http://www.bushflash.com/swf/thanks.swf

So he was trained by kennedy and installed into office by Carter. Sounds like a dem creation to me. Way to go.

You guys are amazing. You can find the the most inconsequential item in a mound of information to make a federal case out of nothing. Sort of like impeaching a duly elected Pres for a blow job.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2007, 06:33:30 PM »
Just observations from Lanya's Flash movie.

Shouldn't bother you, should it?

Mucho

« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »
Just observations from Lanya's Flash movie.

Shouldn't bother you, should it?

It doesnt bother me. I just like to expose your silly tricks.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2007, 09:00:51 PM »
<<That is what the trial was for. [to produce evidence of Saddam's personal culpability] didn't he have Ramsey Clark as an attorney?>>

He had lots of trial attorneys, quite a few of them no longer amongst the living, it seems.  But would you mind answering the question?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2007, 09:08:47 PM »
But would you mind answering the question?

Sorry, i had other pressing duties and left that with the prosecutors. I'm sure you can find a copy of the transcript somewhere.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2007, 09:25:54 PM »
Religious Dick,

The reason I've heard for not including the gassing of the  Kurds in his list of charges... I thought I heard that we did not want this brought up because it would have brought up The Chummy Years. 
When he obtained the material with which to gas them, I think.  And he would no doubt have mentioned this.
 It doesn't make him right to do it but it looks very bad for us, supplying an evil dictator with provisions he later uses on his own people.
So he's dead, he had a trial, he hurt and killed a lot of innocents.  Now we move on. 

There's that too, I suppose. But something tells me when the smoke has cleared, the facts are known, and the history is written, the reality of the situation is going to be shown to be at odds with the current official version. Too much doesn't add up.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2007, 10:02:11 PM »
Now, what makes this interesting is that, at least in the US, when a prosecuter charges, say, a serial killer, he's generally going to try and pin every last body that turns up on the defendant.

Not true. In the Atlanta Child Murders Cases they prosecuted Wayne Williams with only three out of 20+ of the murders even though they had strong evidense to tie him to many many more than that.

Yes true. Leaving aside that this is largely extraneous to the point, Williams was the exception, not the rule.

John Wayne Gacy - charged and convicted of 33 murders, although only 28 bodies were actually recovered.

Ted Bundy was tried no less than 3 times in different jurisdictions, receiving a total of 3 different death sentences.

Jeffrey Dahmer - 17 bodies, 17 (reduced to 15) charges, 15 convictions.

Lots of info on serial killers on Wikipedia

I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2007, 10:27:58 PM »
Williams didn't do all the murders anyway. Some of the parents were suspects trying to cash in on the various funds being set up.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2007, 01:34:35 AM »
 Where's the evidence that Saddam killed a single one of his victims?

Didn't Saddam have a biography and a biographical movie?

I think he is confessed to being an assassin in his earlyer career , before he studyed law.

Wouldn't his approval of this biographical information be construed as confession?

And of course we have him on film personally purgeing his party .

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »
Saddam's hanging was necessary for BushCo.  Too much time in front of cameras and starting to seem as theistic as Bush himself.  Getting under BushCo's skin by not ranting enough from stand.

Given time, Saddam would have started spouting facts regarding Bush family, Ronald Reagan, Rumsfeld, etc.  Death only way to shut him up before shit hit fan.

My opinion?  Keep Saddam alive and allow any number of scientists to plumb the depths of his mind and question every one of his motives.  Immediate death serves no purpose other than silence.  Studying him would have helped stave off future Saddams.  Killing him off only insures that we see more like him.